Probably Improved Gameplay Mod

But you are going to release the source code at some point in a not so future future date no?

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me. I'll look into that right now. :)

look im here since 2002, so saying something now should be reason enough to assume it might be something interesting - and if its not well then u can keep it politely for urself. the barbarians turning into civs would revolutionize gameplay in both SP and MP because u no longer would keep civs alive because "they r useful" or turning them into broken slaves with few cities and no chance to ever win, but simply destroy them and befriend a new nation which has lived peacefully some 10 hexes away from you. i realyl hope u take a look at it when u got some spare time, and thx for the great mod u have produced! if i encounter problems (in MP) ill let u know.

lol, guys don't make me start moderating.

It's possible to mod things into PIG Mod which bring a big change to the game, but that would usually have to be made something optional. Just like the Influence Driven War mod which is only a custom game option and set to off by default IIRC.

I installed Blue Marble and PIG, they are a great combo! One quick question as I don't really understand the mechanics of Mods or how they interact. If I load up a separate Mod, say RoM or FfH2, will I still have the bits and pieces I love about PIG? The graphics and interfaces, etc. Or does it depend on what the Mod constructor included in the Mod? Should I be uninstalling PIG and/or Blue Marble when I switch to another Mod?

Thanks for your help, as always!

I installed Blue Marble and PIG, they are a great combo! One quick question as I don't really understand the mechanics of Mods or how they interact. If I load up a separate Mod, say RoM or FfH2, will I still have the bits and pieces I love about PIG? The graphics and interfaces, etc. Or does it depend on what the Mod constructor included in the Mod? Should I be uninstalling PIG and/or Blue Marble when I switch to another Mod?

Thanks for your help, as always!

Blue Marble will usually work with other mods. I'm not 100% sure about RoM and FfH2 specifically, but I suspect they would.

However PIG will not mix with any other big mods like the two you mentioned. They don't interact at all. They only reason they might appear to interact is if they include common mod components. BUG Mod for example, which includes lots of interface enhancements is included in lots of big name mods. It's also included in PIG. :) Various PIG-specific things like adjustments to building, unit, tech, civic stats etc. were written for PIG specifically and not as separate mod components so while you might find similar changes in other mods, they will be whatever that author decided for their mod.

Blue Marble will usually work with other mods. I'm not 100% sure about RoM and FfH2 specifically, but I suspect they would.

However PIG will not mix with any other big mods like the two you mentioned. They don't interact at all. They only reason they might appear to interact is if they include common mod components. BUG Mod for example, which includes lots of interface enhancements is included in lots of big name mods. It's also included in PIG. :) Various PIG-specific things like adjustments to building, unit, tech, civic stats etc. were written for PIG specifically and not as separate mod components so while you might find similar changes in other mods, they will be whatever that author decided for their mod.

Great. I had a feeling that was the case but wasn't sure. I think it will be a while before I get to the other mods as I'm just getting cozy with PIG but wanted to get direction before I forget where this particular sub-forum is located! And just to be sure, I shouldn't have to "uninstall" PIG in order to run the other Mod's right? Not a big deal if I have to, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks

Great. I had a feeling that was the case but wasn't sure. I think it will be a while before I get to the other mods as I'm just getting cozy with PIG but wanted to get direction before I forget where this particular sub-forum is located! And just to be sure, I shouldn't have to "uninstall" PIG in order to run the other Mod's right? Not a big deal if I have to, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks

You don't need to uninstall PIG to play other mods.

Cool. So I'll once again beg forgivness for my lack of knowledge, but I just want to make sure I'm not going to do something to goof up my CivIV setup.

I'm in the middle of a cool game on PIG. I'm interested in playing one of the Mods. Is it just simply a matter of downloading the Mod and running it? I assume it will have it's own Exe file (like PIG) that I can just use and therefore be able to choose which game I want to play? Is that right? Just wasn't clear about having more than a couple of different games running. I've never tried running more than a single Vanilla or Warlords single player game before and just want to make sure I'm not screwing up some files. Thanks for your patience with my extreme ignorance on these matters!

Except for BUG Mod which is designed to work for some players sharing a single ongoing game, most every mod out there installs into its own folder under the BTS Mods folder. When you play with one mod loaded, all other mods are ignored. Therefore you're free to install as many mods as you like and switch among them using LOAD A MOD or double-clicking on a saved game from that mod.

Note that PIG doesn't really have its own exe. The exe that is provided in the zip is actually just a program that installs the mod for you. When you run the mod, you're running the BtS exe and if you're using the PIG Mod shortcut (an option when you install it) then it just means that mod is loaded automatically as you launch BtS. In other words, the shortcut for PIG Mod really just saves you the effort of starting BtS, going to Load a Mod, selecting PIG Mod and having to restart the game.

When you are installing other mods, just follow the instructions the mod author gives. Many of them will have automated installers like PIG Mod does, so you don't have to do much of the work yourself. Some others require you to unzip a folder directly to your mods folder, which is effectively all that the installation process is anyway. If you follow the instructions, you should be ok.

The last version of PIG was uploaded on 25/07. Any changes made to BUG or Better AI after that (or any other component for that matter) aren't included yet.

Just wanted to say that, as I am waiting for at LEAST one more major patch if not more before I actually try playing any more Civ V, I think I'm going to switch from just running Fuyu's BBAI+Bull to running PIG. I remember when I looked at it before there were some changes I didn't like as much so I was thinking well, maybe I'll mod it further myself... but now I think it pretty much all looks good. Looking forward to getting my Civ IV on again. :)

Just wanted to say that, as I am waiting for at LEAST one more major patch if not more before I actually try playing any more Civ V, I think I'm going to switch from just running Fuyu's BBAI+Bull to running PIG. I remember when I looked at it before there were some changes I didn't like as much so I was thinking well, maybe I'll mod it further myself... but now I think it pretty much all looks good. Looking forward to getting my Civ IV on again. :)

ditto., especially about CIV5, didn't buy yet/waiting/learned my lessons, which applies to most any new game, just wait 6 months or so.

The PIG changes are pretty well thought out and, for the most part, you feel like you are playing the basic game. I do wish there could be a graphic component, such as merge in VD. I tried it myself but just get XML errors.

A Better AI, in any mod, is just about mandatory, I think. Any updates to PIG would not be a waste of time; good mod.

Top Bottom