New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

Masanissa could work as a Berber leader, however I like to limit the modular civs to one or two leaders and I believe the Berbers would already have two.

Anyway, since I can't post any preview images (because something's wrong with the site) I figure we can discuss the new leaders. We have already decided on Osman, but there are a few other LHs I wanted to add to the mod. I plan on adding a new Iroquois leader and a new Aztec leader, they are both females so I am going to need some help on determining who they will be. I am having a bit of difficulty with this, particularly with finding information. I think Atotoztli seems to be the more popular choice for a female Aztec leader, but I can't really find much information on her.

An even bigger problem is coming up with an Iroquois leader, although I could always make the other one a leader for the Sioux.

Spoiler :

The Native American one looks like she'd be good for the Sioux, though I don't know enough about them to suggest a name. The Mesoamerican one looks like she'd be good for the Maya, though once again, I don't know any Maya female rulers to suggest.

Yawza!! The Mesoamerican one is good for ME you mean. :drool::groucho:

I'm just curious:
Capo, did you decide the new leaders list for the next playtest?
Also, do you plan to finish (eventually) Cartimandua and Lalibela for the mod?
Or those are totally ditched?

Cartimandua and Lalibela are ditched for the mod, but I might make them later on.

I think I am going to stop adding leaders now and create an LH expansion (which I have already said I am doing) that would include all of the LHs I think look great but are for leaders that I didnt' want in the initial version of my mod. So it will be like an expansion pack similar to the modular civs.

Cartimandua and Lalibela are ditched for the mod, but I might make them later on.

I think I am going to stop adding leaders now and create an LH expansion (which I have already said I am doing) that would include all of the LHs I think look great but are for leaders that I didnt' want in the initial version of my mod. So it will be like an expansion pack similar to the modular civs.

Cool, it would be great
I always thought that your concept for those 2 LHs was pretty awesome!

CURRENT LIST OF NEW LEADERS

Here is the current list of new leaders in Diplomacy II:
  • Abu Bakr (Arabia) - Spiritual/Imperialist
  • Konrad Adenauer (Germany) - Spiritual/Organized
  • Afonso Henriques (Portugal) - Protective/Expansive
  • Ahuitzotl (Aztecs) - Imperialist/Charismatic
  • Amenhotep III (Egypt) - Industrious/Charismatic
  • Askia Muhammed (Mali) - Expansive/Philosophical
  • Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (Turkey) - Protective/Charismatic
  • Basil II (Byzantium) - Aggressive/Expansive
  • David Ben-Gurion (Israel) - Industrious/Protective
  • Canute the Great (Vikings) - Aggressive/Creative
  • Cetshwayo kaMpande (Zululand) - Aggressive/Organized
  • Charles V (Spain) - Organized/Financial
  • Empress Dowager Cixi (China) - Protective/Organized
  • Chandragupta Maurya (India) - Expansive/Imperialist
  • Cleomenes of Sparta (Greece) - Aggressive/Protective
  • Clovis I (Franks) - Organized/Imperialist
  • Constantine (Byzantium) - Spiritual/Organized
  • Crazy Horse (Sioux) - Charismatic/Aggressive
  • David (Israel) - Spiritual/Creative
  • Dido (Carthage) - Creative/Financial
  • Francisco Franco (Spain) - Protective/Charismatic
  • Harald Hardrada (Vikings) - Expansive/Charismatic
  • Henry the Navigator (Portugal) - Expansive/Organized
  • Henry VIII (England) - Organized/Creative
  • Hiawatha (Iroquois) - Spiritual/Philosophical
  • Hirohito (Japan) - Imperialist/Financial
  • Adolf Hitler (Germany) - Aggressive/Charismatic
  • Itzcoatl (Aztecs) - Industrious/Expansive
  • Ivan the Terrible (Russia) - Protective/Expansive
  • Jayavarman VII (Khmer) - Imperialist/Spiritual
  • Jingu (Japan) - Organized/Expansive
  • Johan deWitt (Netherlands) - Philosophical/Financial
  • Joshua (Israel) - Spiritual/Aggressive
  • Kamehameha (Polynesia) - Expansive/Protective
  • Kim Jong-il (Korea) - Aggressive/Organized
  • Lalibela (Ethiopia) - Industrious/Spiritual
  • Logan (Iroquois) - Creative/Protective
  • Marcus Aurelius (Rome) - Philosophical/Imperialist
  • Maurits van Nassau (Netherlands) - Aggressive/Organized
  • Meiji (Japan) - Industrious/Organized
  • Menelik II (Ethiopia) - ?/?
  • Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) - Philosophical/Organized
  • Gamal Abdel Nasser (Arabia) - Industrious/Charismatic
  • Nebuchadnezzar (Babylon) - Industrious/Imperialist
  • Jawaharlal Nehru (India) - Philosophical/Charismatic
  • Ogedei Khan (Mongolia) - Charismatic/Industrious
  • Pachacuti (Inca) - Creative/Charismatic
  • Philip II (Spain) - Creative/Imperialist
  • Pol Pot (Khmer) - Protective/Aggressive
  • Ptolemy Soter (Egypt) - Philosophical/Protective
  • Pyrrhus of Epirus (Greece) - Imperialist/Charismatic
  • Ronald W. Reagan (America) - Charismatic/Financial
  • Cardinal Richelieu (France) - Spiritual/Charismatic
  • Salamasina (Polynesia) - Organized/Creative
  • Sargon of Akkad (Sumeria) - Aggressive/Spiritual
  • Scipio Africanus (Rome) - Expansive/Charismatic
  • Sejong (Korea) - Creative/Philosophical
  • Haile Selassie (Ethiopia) - Spiritual/Philosophical
  • Smoke Jaguar (Maya) - Industrious/Aggressive
  • Solomon (Israel) - Philosophical/Expansive
  • Sundiata Keita (Mali) - Organized/Charismatic
  • Sunni Ali Ber (Mali) - ?/?
  • Tang Taizong (China) - Financial/Imperialist
  • Trung Sisters (Vietnam) - Charismatic/Protective
  • Vercingetorix (Celts) - Charismatic/Organized
  • Xerxes (Persia) - Imperialist/Industrious
  • Lady Xoc (Maya) - Spiritual/Charismatic

are you going to update this list? I think my Nero is better than Scipio for Rome.

are you going to update this list? I think my Nero is better than Scipio for Rome.

It depends on what you mean by "better" Ekmek. While your Nero LH is better than pencilgod's Scipio, Scipio was certainly a better leader than Nero. But you should know that Nero will certainly be in a module-pack/add-on. :goodjob:

EDIT: And yes, I should update that list a bit.

I'm back for a short while as I rework some few maps as they were crap... so now you got proper explanation... but why not add Hamilcar for Carthage? He deserves it much more than Dido, and is possible the only other leader (except from his son) who did something great for his home.

Does anyone even remember who the other Carthaginians were (kings and senators of Carthage)?

I'm back for a short while as I rework some few maps as they were crap... so now you got proper explanation... but why not add Hamilcar for Carthage? He deserves it much more than Dido, and is possible the only other leader (except from his son) who did something great for his home.

Does anyone even remember who the other Carthaginians were (kings and senators of Carthage)?

I suppose you guys are correct, and do kinda want to use pencilgod's Odysseus as a Carthaginian (although I was thinking of using him as Pygmalion for Phoenicia), but we'll see about all that. In any event here are some possible third leaders for Carthage:

• Hamilcar Barca
  • Hasdrubal Barca (although, he didn't do as much)
  • Hanno I
  • Hanno II
  • Hanno III

Or you could just look at THIS LIST if you really want another leader. I am open to it. You guys can discuss it, I've still got a few units to make for the religions. :goodjob:

I think Hamilcar Barca is the best choice from these
I'm glad if you decided to also add Pygmalion :goodjob:

I think Hamilcar Barca is the best choice from these
I'm glad if you decided to also add Pygmalion :goodjob:

Whoah, didn't say that.

I said it's either or. So if I add Hamlicar (and I'm actually thinking of adding Mago I instead) I wouldn't be adding Pygmalion. So that's the choice, I don't have time to make this many LHs that quickly and finish this mod.

Umm, IIRC Phoenicia is only added later in a modpack...
Anyway, if this is still either or, I would rather see a second phoenician leader

You can easily make Hamilcar... think about it, it's Hannibals father, so you could base him on Hannibal, and I'm certaint there are a couple of characteristic family features that resemble them both. He could even have much of the same face, maybe only make him look slightly older and give him another uniform? Give him another helmet or maybe even asokas hair? Not too much.

There's probably some mosaic or coin with Hamilcar's face on it. In fact, I'm certain there's a coin; I saw it on a list of Carthaginian leaders on Wikipedia.

Hannibal with more beard and pericles helmet... not too much work...

Nope... the fact that I can sit here and say you could just do that... it's little work... etc. to others while not having to do a sh*t myself really is comfortable... ;)

Btw, I'm plain lazy by nature, so I don't really do that much in a short time, and that is the main reason for why my LH's never got that good... I never really cared about adding that final touch :)

Doesn't look too hard. I'd give it a try, but my retirement is forced, not voluntary.

On the upside, mine's hopefully more temporary.

Top Bottom