I cant uninstall Civ4

SWAT632

Chieftain
For some reason I can't uninstall Civ4. Everytime i go to the Add/Remove Programs and click remove Civ4 it says ERROR for some reason.

I dont get whats wrong :confused: :confused:

It'd be appreciated if you said exactly what the error was or posted a screeny of it.

when i click remove this is what appears:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(390)
PAPP:Sid Meiers's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (2600) IE 6.0.2800.1106

I click ok on bottom & then this apears:

Setup has experienced an error
Please do the following:

-Close any running programs
-Empty temporary folder
-Check your Internet connection (Internet-based setups)

Then try to run setup again

Error code: -5001

I think I emptied my temporary folder, my internet is working, & i tried closing programs w/Ctlr+Alt+Del but there were to many & i ended up restarting my computer

Thx for the help

Guys I really need help with this problem

lol. Its civ 4's way of saying "Please play me"

I don't get what you mean?

Perhaps you could try to reinstall the game and it might be possible to uninstall it successfully?

I can't reinstall the game b/c when I put the disc in, the pop-up menu says play not install

Salamandre said:
Well, then reboot and start in safe mode. Then delete manually CIV. Whats so big problem?

Well, yeah, that's possible, you don't even have to go to safe mode for that. But unfortunately you won't be able to re-install it (probably) because the registry information won't be cleared.

Then whats the point if I cant play it anymore on my computer. I'll just leave Civ4 on the computer. Thx for the help

I just had a problem uninstalling today and I did this:

Go to my computer and right click on your CD drive. Choose "Open". Then double click on "setup". That's what worked for me. I'm not a good enough geek to know what to do if that doesn't work.

Hey it works, but its installing instead of unistalling????

thx for all the help guys

This is the error that occurs when i try to uninstall:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows (6000) IE 7.0.6000.16575

Somebody please help.

its a sign that you shouldnt;)
but seriously i dont know why it wouldnt uninstall:confused:

Game worked flawlessly bu then I instaled a patch update and now the game won't run at all. I tired uninsatalling but i get an error message. I've tired every thing and when i try to reinstall i get a message that says a more recent version is already installed and it won't reinstall. Please help!!!! Any thing would be appreciated!!!

I have the exact same problem. The game was working fine until I installed the latest patch and now it won't let me uninstall or play the game. I tried to uninstall it manually by going into the program files but it still says that I have the same problem. I have been trying to figure it out for about 2 days now.

Here is the exact error message that I get:
An error [-5004 : 0x80041f42] has occurred while running setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
[##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##].

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks.

Top Bottom