To those with d3dx9_32.dll problems

My Civ 4 doesn't still work... "error loading shader libraries" :sad:

I Have Win XP Home edition and i've done few boost edits and stability fixes to my register, could that be the broblem?

"All i want is to play few rounds of Finland mod.. :("

I have not played civ for a while and just dowloaded the latest update and had this error. Logged into here and bam found my the thread and was able to update direct x and now problem solved.

Just wanted to say thank you.

Zarhime

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_32

this file fixes d3dx9_32.dll problem.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_31

and this file fixes Error Loading Shader Libraries probelm.

You must put those 2 files in your Civ folder.

Many thanks this worked a treat for me, after I'd unzipped em :blush:

I'm running XP an none of the other fixes seemed to help, mind you I probably rank in the mupet class when it comes to sorting out this nonsense, I would have been stuffed without this forum.

Thanks for all the help

I wanted to try playing online, so I went there, and it of course asked me to install the patch. This is the second time I've tried this (having gotten this error in the process before), so I knew where to look.

I followed this thread's instructions (downloading the first link, second link, and downloading DirectX 9.0c all by itself), and now have an error I don't think has been mentioned. It tells me, when I try to load Civilization (Vanilla, BTW), that d3dx9_32.dll is not a valid Windows image.

Any help?

Thank you to the posters in this thread! I have been away from Civ4 for a long time now (Thanks to World of Warcraft) but recently came back, on my new computer with Vista. I had the DX3D9DLL whatever error and found a quick solution. Everything installed great and the game is running fine. Thanks for the hard work to solve others' problems /bow

Phew, I'm glad that I found this thread! I haven't played Civilization 4 for about a year. I was watching TV when I saw a commercial for the new Civilization game that is coming out, and then I remembered I had this game! :) Anyway, I updated the game and then got the error. I then installed the DX3D9.dll file and everything is working great.

Thank you!

Ok so I have downloaded the most recent everything. I am still getting a windows logo error. I have renamed and placed the d3dx9 and copied. I've done everything I could think of. Do I need to uninstall the game and start over? Could someone please tell me step by step how to load it all. Im am not that savvy about the d3dx9 stuff. Thanks for all the help.

Okay, last year I tried downloading patch 1.74, and got the d3dx9.DLL error stuff, I reinstalled my game, and like an idiot I tried installing the patch again. But this time I got a different error message: BOOST_PYTHON-VC71-MT-1_32.DLL was not found...

I'm not real smart with all that downloading different stuff and digging through files, does any one have a straightforward solution without me having to download a huge program or anything like that?

I have exactly the same error. Any help guys? Downloading the directx update doesn't help.

Exact error: "This application has failed to start because BOOST_PYTHON-VC71-MT-1_32.DLL was not found."
Haha sry I was unclear. I successfully downloaded the directx update from that "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en" link. But it didn't get rid of the error.
I also couldn't find that file on the DLL file site that was posted earlier in the thread.

this is a different error ;)
:hmm: there was quite a bit of discussion about this as well - if you search for
BOOST_PYTHON-VC71-MT-1_32.DLL
in the forum search you'll probably find a lot of threads - I am in a bit of a hurry right now - I'll try to post back tonight, if not remind me :)

I don't know how what or why but all of a sudden BTS finally works and starts up right. Now time to download the patch then the patch for the patch. Thanks for the help.

good to know i wasn't the only one with this problem.

:snoopy

Top Bottom