Civ in real life

Well, back in the days, 1783 to be exact, a native Scot in Russia founded Sevastopol. Catherine conquered the Crimean Khanate and built fortresses in Sevastopol. During World War 2, Germany took Ukraine, but Russia counter attacked. Crimea was then transferred to Ukraine. In 1991, Ukraine gain its independence, still owning Crimea. Then 13 turns later Russia bullies Ukraine and Crimea votes to be with Russia, and the western world embargoes Russia. At least Wu Zetian is with Catherine (even though they have a border dispute).

On the other hand, Bismarck and Napoleon are signing a secret pact against Russia. Oh, old vanilla.

Freedom isn't always democratic. The arsenal of democracy tenet is a second tier tenet which doesn't always get chosen since there are only 4 second tier tenets that can be chosen and 6 available second tier.

Freedom isn't always democratic. The arsenal of democracy tenet is a second tier tenet which doesn't always get chosen since there are only 4 second tier tenets that can be chosen and 6 available second tier.

The first sentence made sense for the topic, but the second one...what?

Everyone assumed they switched to Freedom, but what if...they had actually switched to Autocracy this entire time! :eek:

There's an easy way to find out; check Global Politics.

There's an easy way to find out; check Global Politics.

Either the world forgot to check Global Politics or Putin managed to disguise his true ideology somehow. :crazyeye:

One also has to wonder whether China is still Order or has switched to Autocracy...

The whole world looks on in disbelief as Sweden disbands their entire army, navy and airforce so they can buy happiness buildings (social welfare offices).

What could possibly go wrong?

Why do Russia even want Sevastopol?, it's still constructing its core buildings again after it got conquered by the germans and reconquered by the russians some turns ago during world war 2.

The AI is a little weird sometime. Putin feels dissed after gifiting the city, so now he' wants his cities back.

The whole world looks on in disbelief as Sweden disbands their entire army, navy and airforce so they can buy happiness buildings (social welfare offices).

What could possibly go wrong?

Don't tangle with the Swedes. They're so nice any invading army will retreat rather than hurt them.

Anyway, Putin's completely crazy but he's not outright stupid or suicidal (which is why he's rather dangerous...). He won't invade Sweden (nor probably Finland) but I strongly expect he'll go after Moldavia and other areas along the Black Sea.

Don't tangle with the Swedes. They're so nice any invading army will retreat rather than hurt them.

Anyway, Putin's completely crazy but he's not outright stupid or suicidal (which is why he's rather dangerous...). He won't invade Sweden (nor probably Finland) but I strongly expect he'll go after Moldavia and other areas along the Black Sea.

Transsinistria wants to go to Russia anyway, so Moldavia is probably next

It's funny that Russia wants Transnistria. How in the world do they intend to take and keep territory that's all the way on the other side of Ukraine from them? Do they think Ukraine will just let them pass their troops through Ukrainian territory or something?

Unless of course they drop the whole pretense of only "reclaiming" Russian-majority lands and attempt to occupy the whole of Ukraine outright. But I think that will be a wee bit harder than occupying Russian-majority regions.

It's funny that Russia wants Transnistria. How in the world do they intend to take and keep territory that's all the way on the other side of Ukraine from them? Do they think Ukraine will just let them pass their troops through Ukrainian territory or something?

Unless of course they drop the whole pretense of only "reclaiming" Russian-majority lands and attempt to occupy the whole of Ukraine outright. But I think that will be a wee bit harder than occupying Russian-majority regions.

I don't think Russia actually wants Transnistria, but they people there just want it

Anyone who wants to be part of Russia deserves to live there.

I want Putin to be my leader! I love how he murders journalists and genocides Muslims in Chechnya!
-Bill O'Reilly 2014

Top Bottom