My view on exploitation

myclan

King
I have seen many threads talking about "exploitation" in the forums. And there must be many players who will set "rules" for themselves when playing a game. While someone may become confused: Players are cleverer than AI for players can do what AI can't do, so which behavior is playing optimally and which is exploitation? No standard answer of course, but I just want to share my views.

1. Save/Load to change your result in ancient ruins
No stratery involved, nor tactics, just fortune.

2. Bug and ridiculous game mechanic
Build a settler with minus food and no starvation
Use bonus to produce huge beakers/hammers overflow(Sell a shrine and build it again with piety, or sell a monument and build it again with order)
Repair/Pillage in enemy land to recover

3.If AI also do that, it will completely ruin your game
Worker stealing
Pillage all you land with a fast moving unit, no peace, no more battle

4.You think by doing so will make your game less fun
Sell all your city to get lots of gold so that you can win a diplo victory next turn

Are you saying that pillaging to recover is a bug or ridiculous game mechanic???
It's not, it's a completely legit strategy. Moreover, the AI can and does do this to you, even the barbarians do it.

Worker stealing and pillaging without committing to a battle are also legit strategies. There are some circumstances where worker stealing can be a big abusive (I'm thinking of continually stealing from CS's) but in war, these actions are completely fair and legit.

I do not understand what's wrong with the above tactics.

Are you saying that pillaging to recover is a bug or ridiculous game mechanic???
It's not, it's a completely legit strategy. Moreover, the AI can and does do this to you, even the barbarians do it.

Worker stealing and pillaging without committing to a battle are also legit strategies. There are some circumstances where worker stealing can be a big abusive (I'm thinking of continually stealing from CS's) but in war, these actions are completely fair and legit.

I do not understand what's wrong with the above tactics.

Pillaging to recover is legit of course, but it is really ridiculous that your worker are able to repair the improvent in enemy land just for pillaging it agian. I think worker should not be allow to build or repair any improvement in enemy land.

Worker stealing is legit during a war of course. But if AI declare war on you just for your worker, you will feel the game ruined because you need to use a unit to defend all your worker, when another AI unit is approaching.

Pillaging to recover is legit of course, but it is really ridiculous that your worker are able to repair the improvent in enemy land just for pillaging it agian. I think worker should not be allow to build or repair any improvement in enemy land.
I actually did not know this was a thing. That is pretty gamey.

Worker stealing is legit during a war of course. But if AI declare war on you just for your worker, you will feel the game ruined because you need to use a unit to defend all your worker, when another AI unit is approaching.
Meh, this is one of those things that you and the AI can both do to each other so I don't see it as so much of a problem. I tend to dislike things the AI can do that you can't do and vice versa.

Top Bottom