Fall patch is out

I'm a new player with civ, just recently registered on this fine community.

I'm just amazed on how gigantic and great this community really is.

The fact there's active devs from fireaxis on these forums warms my heart :)

In the root folder for Civ V, do you see any .mdmp files that correspond the the date/time of the most recent crash? If so, please post that, it helps engineering immensely.

I now tried starting the game in dx10/11 about 5 times, no crashes. Tried starting it in dx9, both times it crashed.

I am adding a rar file with all mdmps, some are dx10/11 from yesterday.

Attachments

• civvcrashes.rar
    277.1 KB · Views: 58
Here's my dxdiag....

Using directx9, as for some reason my pc won't allow me to run civ on direct x11, even though I have it :/

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.3 KB · Views: 70
Here's my dxdiag....

Using directx9, as for some reason my pc won't allow me to run civ on direct x11, even though I have it :/

While your GPU supports directx11 it's bare minimum. If I were you i'd use dx9 with that onboard card instead of using dx11.

Tried it for about an hour on my laptop last night with no problems. Early game though.

Cheers.

yes..i think its abug here...after a range attack from the city red attack circle is still on even i already attack enemy which is off course not happened before. I use DX11 but i dont know how to post diaxg...
No I found that happened even before the patch it happened ever since vanilla as I remember. So nothing new.

I tested the new patch last night with a previously started "Renaissance" scenario. Everything works fine, Austria (my civ) UA has been fixed (Increase the cost of a City-State by at least the amount of gold you will get from scrapping their units, Must be ally for 5 turns before you can undergo a diplomatic marriage with a City-State). It's still very powerful anyway (too much?).
It's nice to see which civ turn is playing while waiting, it helps being patient!

Like several others here, I'm also having "resource animal smear". Will updating my drivers fix that?

And what are drivers?
And how do I update them?
*ignorant*

OK, since I got ignored when I posted it, I'll post it again.

Urrr...I'm getting a really weird error. The game won't even start up, I get a

"An Error occurred while updating Sid Meier's Civilization V (Disk IO failure)"

Help? x_x

What the hell does that mean? It says that it's doing the update, and the update's finished, and then it gives me that error message. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've restarted steam, restarted my computer, reacquired files, everything, but NOTHING WORKS. Will someone please help me here?

Might be a hardware failure. Do you have another HDD, on which you could install civ?
(means the whole Steam folder will need to be moved)

Like several others here, I'm also having "resource animal smear". Will updating my drivers fix that?

And what are drivers?
And how do I update them?
*ignorant*

Drivers are the software which make your computer run. There are drivers for the graphics card, which are essential to make it work. And if you have graphical problems, then you should try to update them, because the manufacturer of the graphics card might already have fixed it.

We could tell you which driver you need, but you'd need to attach your DxDiag (my what?!?), and it might be best to continue that discussion here.

I can confirm this. If I a) turn on mods, b) start a new game, c) exit Civ and d) start up Civ again all mods are turned off again.

I haven't subscribed to the mods but keep a copy in the mods folder.

\Skodkim

I've verified the integrity of my cache, reinstalled the game, unsubscribed to all mods and downloaded them from CivFanatics.

After all these steps, mods do not remain on.

This is a real shame. I was so looking forward to this patch.

I can only hope that it can be fixed through a modified DLL.

I don't have another hard drive to install Civ on. I'm not sure if it's Civ, or steam. I don't think it's a hardware issue though.

And still no "removed Steamworks, now available through other venues and DRM-free".

Yes, a PC version of the game without STEAM WOULD BE NICE. I might soon lose the internet and without it I`M SCREWED if I have to uninstall and reinstall or if Steam suddenly decides it don`t want me to play.

It ain`t right we must have the for the net just to play a game Single player. Not on. But no one cares.

The Patch is working pretty well though.

Great stuff!

Running *VERY* smoothly, noticing performance in AI Turns (i see what you got there with the newest "Processing popup"... to maintain a quick reference to gameplay flow as to validate turns_lag effect!), no graphic glitches (so far - about 125 turns in the first try without any Mods), DLL sources included for the SDK, numerous balance fixes, absolutely important option to "RESTART" on turn-0...

Excellent work, Firaxis -- but i'm into a weird dilemna; putting down XCom:EU (new DLC for it nearing release!) only to return in CiV gameplay.

24 hours in a day is not enough. :)
Thanks, guys.

I wonder what PCs are you people having, that you tell the game runs better. My game ran perfectly prior the patch, now the graphics is screwed, textures are loading slowly so I see grey fields and I even have artefacts. So for me, the game is unplayable. Is there some way to return to the previous version of rendering? If not, I will just uninstall the game. Fortunately, I am not alone http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479319 and http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?178531-Graphical-problems-after-the-last-patch Please Firaxis, can yoy fix this? Or give us a separate download to revert to the previous way of rendering that ran flawlessly.

I'm having the same problem with the gray patches between turns.

It's like the game can't load the textures fast enough.

Doesn't happen every turn.

Third crash in one day just a minute ago with this patch. The game goes into turn processing between 1000BC and 0BC and then elegantly hangs up:

here`s some logs in (sry in dutch)

werfault.exe (fault process)
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Versie van toepassing: 1.0.2.13
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 508a311c
Naam van foutmodule: MSVCR90.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 9.0.30729.5570
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4d2c14d2
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 00024651
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Aanvullende informatie 3: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Lees de onlineprivacyverklaring:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0413

Als de onlineprivacyverklaring niet beschikbaar is, lees dan onze offlineprivacyverklaring:
C:\Windows\system32\nl-NL\erofflps.txt

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 79
Could you please look in your Civ V root directory for a .mdmp file that corresponds to the date/time of the crash? This will be helpful to the engineers. Thanks much.

Third crash in one day just a minute ago with this patch. The game goes into turn processing between 1000BC and 0BC and then elegantly hangs up:

here`s some logs in (sry in dutch)

werfault.exe (fault process)
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Versie van toepassing: 1.0.2.13
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 508a311c
Naam van foutmodule: MSVCR90.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 9.0.30729.5570
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4d2c14d2
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 00024651
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Aanvullende informatie 3: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Lees de onlineprivacyverklaring:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0413

Als de onlineprivacyverklaring niet beschikbaar is, lees dan onze offlineprivacyverklaring:
C:\Windows\system32\nl-NL\erofflps.txt

I am not having graphics issues, just the game hanging up.
On a saved game it hangs almost immediately.
On a new game I got all the way to turn 367 before it hung.
I can provide multiple dump files if it would help.
If you want them, what would be the preferred method of combining? rar or zip?

Also - I notice that City states are more likely to not raze cities. I have seen 5 city state captures of cities and only 1 razing so far. That expansion AI seems to have effected city states too

Top Bottom