Fall patch is out

Subs in enemy territories are always visible I believe. And having surface vessels being able to fire on them should be allowed from a gameplay perspective.

Subs are always visible when adjacant to an enemy unit.

Back to the topic- it looks like it is running well so far for me. Infoaddict didn't kick in so I'll need to reload that (the initial post indicated that might need to be done).

I find the turn counter at the bottom addictive- telling me whose turn the computer is processing.

Okay, so the problem I've had since the patch is that, the first time I enter the mods menu after starting the program, all of my mods are unchecked, and they all get the "Transferring" bar for a few seconds. This affects all my mods, including ones I'm not subscribed to via Steam Workshop.

I really need this fixed. My games just feel incomplete without the City-State Diplomacy Mod, Tree Growth, Cultural Diffusion, et al.

Subs in enemy territories are always visible I believe. And having surface vessels being able to fire on them should be allowed from a gameplay perspective.

Why? What logical sense does that make? A submarine should *only* be visible if it's in the radius of a unit that can see it, that's how it's always worked. An 18th century frigate shouldn't be able to fire on a 20th century submarine.

I apologize for being an idiot, but what are these rings he speaks of in the patch notes?

A small issue:

- The AI will no longer ask other players to join in a war when they are already involved in at least one.

Germany just asked me to go to war against France after the Ottomans declared war on me.

The new patch feels great but I encountered a pretty annoying bug.

Denmark's UA doesn't work anymore. All my movement points were always lost whenever I disembarked units from sea to land. Ruined my whole game plan. :mad::(

No mods.

I like how it tells who turn it is while waiting it makes turns less longer somehow.

Why? What logical sense does that make? A submarine should *only* be visible if it's in the radius of a unit that can see it, that's how it's always worked. An 18th century frigate shouldn't be able to fire on a 20th century submarine.

Nonetheless, that is what it says in the Civilopedia. If you are next to one you can see it. As for logic, it can take 1000 years to walk 100 miles. All other questioning of game logic pales to that.

A small issue:

- The AI will no longer ask other players to join in a war when they are already involved in at least one.

Germany just asked me to go to war against France after the Ottomans declared war on me.

It is probably just a modifier, not a sure thing.
If not that, it may be a turn behind in recognizing the change in status.

Can't puppet AI capitals - is this a patch feature?

I just noticed the last couple cities I captured, it didn't give me any options with them, puppet, liberate, annex or raze - it simply auto-annexed them. Anyone else notice problems in puppeting cities?

THis is really awefull they didn't even tested this and now we have bugs because of the patch?

I will start a game tomorow maybe I find some more bugs I will post them

But still shame on you firaxis

Hmmm, doesn't seem to crash for me when playing that save out 5 turns. Could you please check your Civ V root directory for .mdmp files? Specifically one that has a creation date and time around the time of the crash. Thanks!

Yes, I found them. Here are the last three Crash Dump Files. Thanks for looking into this issue.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_341540_crash_2012_11_1T19_30_56C0.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 65
Urrr...I'm getting a really weird error. The game won't even start up, I get a

"An Error occurred while updating Sid Meier's Civilization V (Disk IO failure)"

Help? x_x

Top Bottom