[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

@Kael,

Prior to applying Patch h, Magnadine is a pink horse with a rider lying sideways across the saddle area. After Patch h is installed, Magnadine looks like a normal knight type. Fixed.

Broken Hawk said:
@Kael,

Prior to applying Patch h, Magnadine is a pink horse with a rider lying sideways across the saddle area. After Patch h is installed, Magnadine looks like a normal knight type. Fixed.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

jafink said:
Kuriotates are the king of OCC. I tryed it once and dominated

Yeah, its almost cheating, like playing the Clan with raging barbarians. But hey, its the players game so they can play however they choose.

I gotta ask, what about the Order and Ashen Veil that makes them more powerful that it takes almost twice as long as the other religions to research? Even rushing as fast as possible to found either, most of the other religions are already having priests with a good deal of exps. IMO, while I appreciate the reduction of way of the wise/wicked, I think the final tech needs to be reduced as well. In a normal speed game, the other three religions usually get founded between yeah 70-120, while I can seldom ever get to the Order in less than 200. A 100 turn difference is pretty significant.

Eddiit said:
What is occ?

One City Challenge. Its one of the startup options, you can only have one city. If your gonna do it, the Kuriotates are the best civ to do it with.

Mithrus said:
I gotta ask, what about the Order and Ashen Veil that makes them more powerful that it takes almost twice as long as the other religions to research? Even rushing as fast as possible to found either, most of the other religions are already having priests with a good deal of exps. IMO, while I appreciate the reduction of way of the wise/wicked, I think the final tech needs to be reduced as well. In a normal speed game, the other three religions usually get founded between yeah 70-120, while I can seldom ever get to the Order in less than 200. A 100 turn difference is pretty significant.

Yeah, by goal when to bring them closer. We will have some stuff going on in the next phase that make these more viable late game religions (such that you may play the fellowship for the first half of the game and switch to the veil for the last half). But until then you may be right and it may be worth lowering hte cost on the founding techs.

Having played 6+ games from 200-300 turns (I never finish anything) I gotta say it can seem like a drag to really sink your teeth into the tech tree, but it's cool. There's plenty to do in the early game.

Animals last for ages (they stop eventually, about 150 turns, right?). Standard sized maps take forever to fill out between you and the AI. Barbarians actually take root, founding pretty reasonable civilisations by themselves, thanks largely to Orthus and Archeron.

All in all, I think the pace is close to perfect as it is. The free tech with writing is a bit of a female dog. The AI always gets it, unless you start with Chants and max out commerce straight for it, leaving you with one city, 10 warriors and miles of naked terrain but not much else. Philosophy (a la Civ3) could be a better alternative.

If you really want to grab a religion, Runes is fairly easy to get. Fellowship and Overlords seem to get taken by the AI pretty quick, at least in all my games they are. It's not until the late religions that any worthwhile gains can be had by them anyway.

I would really like to stick to a game to see the last half of the tree, but things start to go wrong for me by the time I get to the 4k beaker techs (Monarch, normal speed, standard maps), like Arcane Lore. Up to that point, though, I find the tech pace pretty smooth. A little unilateral in the comparative beaker costs, if you know what I mean; not much variety of cost within each tier. A balanced structure, nonetheless. :goodjob:

I know I`m late in adding my thanks for FFH2, but I`ve never used a mod before and I`m gobsmacked. On of my favourite games just got 100% better. This is far better than any commercial add on I`ve ever seen.
Just finished my first game. Well. not exactly finished but I`ve played up to about 500 and got all the tech tree and filled the huge map I started with and now my poor old PC is really struggling, so I think I`ll start a new game. Plus I declared war on the Infernals and I`m getting my arse kicked big time.
So, couldn`t let it go without saying a big thanks to all concerned.
Respect.

What exactly does the "Spell Extension" trait do ? I have noticed skeletons summoned with it will get more 20% strengths boni, and at lvl 3 a movement bonus is available, too. Does this trait increase the effect of all spells, summons get stronger, enchantments more effective etc ?

Kael, do civs get biased starting locations?

I know it's usually random but civs like the Malakim get an innate bonus in deserts, and it'd be pretty useless if they started in the jungle! I haven't had many games to notice a pattern if there is biased starts...

AncientSion said:
What exactly does the "Spell Extension" trait do ? I have noticed skeletons summoned with it will get more 20% strengths boni, and at lvl 3 a movement bonus is available, too. Does this trait increase the effect of all spells, summons get stronger, enchantments more effective etc ?

Summoned units by casters with one or several spell extension promotions get extra movement points, other spells like rust or the first enchantment spell can also be cast in tiles further away from the caster.
Summoned units by casters with a strength bonus will also recive a(n equally large) strenght bonus. If i remember correctly..

Here are the soundsets for demons, coming in two versions as well (though they won't be of much use until the Infernal become playable). I also found some sounds which may be useful for some Balseraph units.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/54887/demons-eviljester.zip

Edit:
Eddiit said:
DOH! Isn't there a way of transferring code?
I wish there was a way, but they are in competely different format. Too bad, there are numerous fantasy units for civ3 of exeptional quality, and most civ3 animators are still active (just check the front page).

First off ... I really love the mod !!! The work you've all put in to this is incredible, I love esentially every facet ... the only changes I would suggest is a tweak of the stealth units Shadows and the Fireballs ... in my opinion they somewhat imbalance the game, the AI shadows seem to have the ability to pick & choose any unit in a stack or city and don't lseem to ever lose strength they also seem to be able to hide unlimited squares away and attack every turn. As an example I lost ( 5 ) cannons, ( 2 ) camel archers, ( 2 ) macemen and ( 1 ) war chariot in ( 5 ) turns to a shadow and fireball in ( 5 ) consecutive turns. That seems pretty excessive.

Lots of little icons over the bottom center of the screen. Sword, pentegram, healing crosses, formations? multiple units etc.

What do they mean?

Top Bottom