Twillight of Byzantium

And why don't you use orthancs new medieval Pirate ship, and the Ladja as Serbian UU ship its in my Sig in "Serbian Thread"
Mamluks are to Powerful!
Its Medina 100%
And descriptions are necessary if you ask me! :)
Thats all!

Making Serbia playbable or giving them a UU would make them too powerfull, they are already very powerfull, and this was a period of decline in Serbia (after the death of Tzar Dusan). So making them even more powerfull wouldn't make sense.

Two others points are noted.

No! man I didn't say you to make the UU strong but just to put it there! ;) and if you wait a little bit longer! Rob will finish my Serbian Medieval Swordsman (Same thing as Ship don't make it strong!)

I won't say whether the Mamluks are too strong or not, but heres what they did in my recent game...

The Mamluks, during their lengthy war with the Ottomans, managed to take one city (they took it 2 or 3 times in fact), but the Ottomans always took it back. By the time they eventually declared peace, there was no gain for either side. In fact, the Mamluks were the only nation adjacent to the Ottomans that went to war with them and werent easily trounced. (Serbians, Byzantine cities-except Constantinople, and the tiny Islamic nations next to Ottomans were all crushed).

I'll play a game as the Ottomans after I am through with another scenario I am playing and get a better view of whats going on down there.

Partizanac: I'll considder it. But I doubt Rob is releasing that unit before he releases his mod.

Mesodius: Ok, the thing is that it tends (atleast in my games) to be very different from game to game. I'll be happy to hear from everybody how the Mamluks are doing in their games.

Ok, thanks Doc. I was in doubt, but Partizanac thought it was Medina too.

Ok I made all the easy stuff from the list. You can check the changes out by clicking at the link in my sig.

Stretch23 said:
Does anyone have any Strategies for the Byzantines?
I'm playing as them right now on Monarch. I secured Adrianople, Salonica, Mistra and Constaninople. From there I worked my way at conquering the land in between. Get a lot of defence units first, then start pumping out offence units. Don't take risks and you'll get there. Here's some screenies from the game.

I'm trying to hold on but just barely. I have Constantinople, Adrianople, Salonica, Mistra and Ionna. I took Arta but the Knights of St John destroyed it. I am going to wait until I my cities are secured then im going to attack.

Well then you still have a chance:)

What level are you playing on?

Monarch. I think I should play more defensively though. That seems to be my problem.

Top Bottom