FfH2 0.40 Changelog

Not really. Im done with my part and its in the channel. It has to finish its upload, then I'll link to it while it fans out to download sites. It may be a few hours in that step. So I would guess 3-8 hours form now it will be out and available depending on how quickly it gets through file scanning (all prior releases have been much closer to the 3 hour end of that spectrum than the 8).

Thanks for the info.

Screenshot to hold you over.

Attachments

• GiftOfKylorin.jpg
    GiftOfKylorin.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 590
:drool:
Did you just spill RPG in my 4X? And why does it smell so tasty?
EDIT: And I wasn't aware Tar Demons were so... big.
EDIT 2: And scary. Or shiny.
EDIT 3: My curiosity is most insatiably drawn towards the floaty sun and moon, however.

:( i'll go school in 30 minutes. i need to wait 7 hours to play :(

(BTW this screenshot awesome, i cant imagine scenarios:goodjob:)

He's ok, he has a salve.

And now, due to my present insomnia, I present a play in smilies:
Waiting for .40 (Yes, each smiley symbolizes a specific stage in waiting for a new version of FfH. EDIT: And some stages are optional.)

:please: <--BUG! Great idea for a new feature!
:drool: <--Holy... the new changelog!
:bowdown: <--That bug was quashed! The feature I wanted got added!
:) <--A new FfH is coming out!
:undecide: <--It's not too long...
:twitch: <--Is it just me, or is time going slower?
:crazyeye: <--Come on, hurry up, hurry up!
:hammer2: <--Blarghalarglenargalargul!
:deadhorse: <--I realize we've devoted the last four pages to it, but my opinion on change #13 still stands.
:sleep: <--Aw, screw it, it's not worth thinking about every second.
:woohoo: <--Release date's here! Hell yeah!
:hatsoff: <--Great job, FfH team! W00t!
:confused: <--Wait, it's the Nth. Where in Tali's name is the download?!?
:aargh: <--"File Scanning? 3-8 hours?" Agares take that! (You are Here)
:sleep: <--That's it. I'm tired. I'll download it in the morning. (Or maybe Here)
:king: <--He he he... that's what that new button does...
:goodjob: <--Great job, team! I mean it this time!
:rockon: <--BOOM! Foul cretins of Erebus, kneel before your diminutive masters and their golem hordes!
:please: <--BUG! Great idea for a new feature!

I'm at work now. In six hours, I'll be home and its the start of five rostered days off (sometimes shift work has its perks :crazyeye: )

The upload is finished. Now we need moddb to okay the file and post it for download. Im going to bed, but all the links should be setup and working once moddb makes the file public. Night everyone!

Only a few more hours until we get to play-test all the changes!

Killerclowns, I never realized you have insomnia, you always seem so awake-like, jolly and full of the balseraph insanity. Oh well. Insomnia means we get to playtest FFH first! *laughs in a sinister fashion*

edit: 3 to 8 hours isn't bad at all to wait...especially for FF2 0.40. I'm very curious to feel all the new changes.

It has to do with the difficulty as on Immortal you nearly never see an AI unit with less than three promotions (as they start with 6 XP + 2 XP by apprenticeship + 2 XP by conquest). The AI beelines warfare so usually axemen have city raiders I+II+III, which is a 9.1 unit (and was a 11.0 unit before) which can be quite a threat in focussed hordes with catapult-support. I'm sure the later patches will instruct the AI to use good attacking strategies.

Ok, i see your point now,by the same token then archers have increased by 3 promotions as well, making the point even more pronounced as teh archers gains expodentialy more from the upgrades than do the axemen, its just that 3 promo for the archers is vastly more effiecent in combat than 3 for the axeman. Ie this new mechanism requires more promotions to overmatch the benift of defensive fire coupled with all the usuall defensive bounuses and first fire etc. Bounues of x% per upgrade is not going to be as advatagouse as a defensive fire as an ability, because that ability is vastly more effective than a the % increase

Top Bottom