Permanent Alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPepsi

Warlord
Hello all,

I was just wondering whether or not there are any MODS available which allow the players to form PAs similar to the ones in Civilization IV.

Does anyone think this might be a good idea for official implementation?

There are defensive pacts, I think the idea of having alliances in a permanent state would be stupid, you should have to be diplomatic at all times.

I can see your point, but maybe the incorporation of an enhanced DoF (so that Civs benefit from being diplomatic) and can coordinate strategy/ideas with another civ that agrees to work in the best interest of the "team."

isnt this kind of what the defensive pact is already? Its not permanent i think but if anyone attacks you your pact buddy is obligated to act

isnt this kind of what the defensive pact is already? Its not permanent i think but if anyone attacks you your pact buddy is obligated to act

Not quite, for Civ IV permanent alliances actually make the parties into a team. Defensive pacts force the other party to "act" - declare war, but doesn't automatically mean that they have any interest in the particular war and more importantly doesn't make the two parties a proper team. One wins, the other still loses.

Not a fan of vassals/permanent alliances.

If you want it to be permanent, conquer them, and make their land yours. Any other mechanism to make permanent alliance/remove players from the game only makes diplomacy increasingly binary and boring into the middle to late game.

The world congress will also be a lot less hectic if its only 2-3 big powerblocks voting each session rather than having more votes out there up for grabs.

There is a mod on the Steam Workshop called really advanced setup. When you setup a new game one of the options is permanent war or peace (like in Civ IV). There are also options to disable certain policies trees, religion, the world congress, research, happiness, etc. Note: when using mods you will not be able to get achievements.

There is a mod on the Steam Workshop called really advanced setup. When you setup a new game one of the options is permanent war or peace (like in Civ IV). There are also options to disable certain policies trees, religion, the world congress, research, happiness, etc. Note: when using mods you will not be able to get achievements.

I'm fairy certain always war and always peace are default options you can choose and a permanent alliance from the start would be the same as just setting teams. This all allows achievements as well.

Teams in Civ 5 are annoying because the AI teammate keeps declaring war and peace at the worst times. Also they can block you from building World Wonders because "only 1 can be built" by a team at the same time.

Is there no mod out there that prevents AI teammates from declaring war or peace and makes them more friendly to you (more willing to accept trade agreements etc)?

No need to Necro this thread; let the dead rest.

Moderator Action: Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom