Napoleonic Musketmen

historyman101

Chieftain
I've grouped the separate musketmen skins made by the great bernie14 into one mod for everyone to enjoy! Included in the mod are:

Russians
Prussians
Austrians
Danes
Dutch

Still undergoing testing, so if anyone has issues, please report them. This is my first attempt at a mod, so it may not be perfect. Hopefully things are okay.

Attachments

• Napoleonic Musketmen (v 3).civ5mod
    710.2 KB · Views: 39
Welcome, and congratulations on beginning your modding journey.

First, what about France and England?

Second, the method you're using for the art defines doesn't work since the pre-G+K patches. Beyond that, even if it did work, this mod doesn't DO anything besides adding the art and the defines. You'd need to add a new unit class if you wanted to keep the existing Musketman unit and add a new Napoleonic Infantry unit (in which case you might find the teamcolor one in my signature useful as a generic), or if you want to make these variations of the existing Musketman unit, you need to either 1. add new unique units for each of your civs (easier), or 2. use the game's cultural variation system to automatically change the art defines (harder).

See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=498606 and http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=461429

Sigh.

I was wondering why I kept getting the vanilla skins when the mod was activated....:mad:

I think your friend Gedemon said something along the same lines. Earlier I tried to incorporate these skins into a preexisting ethnic units mod (EU v31 or RED, can't remember which), so that when it activated, these would show up among the cultural variation. Before I learned about how to work Modbuddy and change import VFS to true, Gedemon basically said that what would be needed is to change the SQL files before proceeding. Is that right?

Incidentally, I purposefully did not include England or France, since the mods I previously mentioned have ethnic skins for those units. Plus, France already has a musketeer.

Top Bottom