DoktorApplejuice's fictional civs (Discussion/development page)

DoktorApplejuce

Champion of Kirkwall

(The characters on the above banner, in order from left to right, are: Genryusai Yamamoto (Bleach), Clare (Claymore), Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon), Balalaika (Black Lagoon), Akame (Akame Ga Kill!) - who actually won't be used as a leader for anything, and Sir Integra Hellsing (Hellsing Ultimate))

Please feel free to let me know any feedback/criticism/ideas/philosophies on life in regards to what you see here. I love hearing from people!

Complete Civs:

Roanapur (From the Black Lagoon series.)

Download:
Steam|Direct Download
Peace Music|War Music

Previews:

Spoiler :

Comes with several unique diplo-responses for the following civs:
-Darksythe's Spice and Wolf civ
-various civs by Bouncymischa
-Papyrus' Gravity Falls civ
-RawSasquatch's Kingdom of Kyrat civ
-Typhlomence's Koopa Troop civ
-Vicevirtuoso's Fate/Stay Night - Sabre civ
-Vicevirtuoso's Fate/Stay Night - Gilgamesh civ
-Vicevirtuoso's Vocaloid civ
as well as with any of the civs you see here on this page.

The Moon Kingdom (From the Sailor Moon series.)

Download:
Steam|Direct Download
Peace Music|War Music

previews:

Spoiler :

Soul Society (From the Bleach series.)
(In collaboration with COF)

Download:
Steam|Direct Download
Peace Music|War Music

Peace Music|War Music

Planned Civs:

The World of Claymore (From the Claymore series.)

Capital: Staff
Leader: Clare/Miria?
Trait: Silver-Eyed Witches (All units have extra vision, melee units have an additional 20% combat ability against barbarians. Clearing barbarian camps yield science, and great Generals are earned at a 50% slower rate.)
UU: Claymore Warrior (Replaces Swordsman) - Has additional movement, earns gold upon killing barbarian units, and has a further 50% combat ability against barbarians. When garrisoned in a city, city is incapable of producing faith; penalty to attacking cities.
UU: Awakened Beings (Replaces Longswordsman) - Extremely powerful, ignores zone of control, heals upon kill, and costs no iron. Has 'fear' promotion which also affects allies, and nearby allied units are injured each time it attacks. When in friendly territory, tile it's stationed on yield the negative of their usual positive yield. Has penalty to attacking cities.
Peace Music|War Music

Cities List:
Spoiler :
-Staff
-Rabona
-Hanel
-Pieta
-Doga
-Gonal
-Lacroa
-Dabi
-Egon
-Sutare
-Lido
-Rokut
-Teo
-Stora
-Toriro
-Ticheri
-Witch's Maw
-Vinci Hill
-Mount Zakol
-Godahl Plateau
-Rockwell Hill

Spies List:
Spoiler :
-Clare/Miria (whoever isn't leader)
-Teresa
-Raki
-Helen
-Deneve
-Cynthia
-Irene
-Dietrich
-Galatea
-Elana

The Holy Britannian Empire (From the Code Geass series.)

Capital: Pendragon
Leader: Charles Zi Britannia
Trait: No Man Is Created Equal (Conquered cities create less unhappiness and lose less population upon capture. Conquering an enemy capital for the first time starts a Golden Age.)
UU: Royal Panzer Infantry (Replaces Mechanical Infantry) - May move after attacking, and receives an attack bonus against armored units. Slightly stronger than the Mechanical infantry, but more expensive as well.
UU: Britannian Foreign Legion (Replaces Infantry) - Much cheaper than the Infantry, and costs no maintenance. Can only be built in captured cities.
Peace Music|War Music

Spies List:
Spoiler :
-Schneizel
-Cornelia
-Villetta Nu
-Guinevere
-Bismarck
-Marianne
-Gino
-Luciano
-Cecile
-Kewell

The Chinese Federation (From the Code Geass series.)

Capital: Vermillion Forbidden City
Leader: Empress Tianzi
Trait: ?
UU: Gun-Ru (Replaces Mechanical Infantry) - Ranged unit, weaker and cheaper than the Mechanical Infantry.
UU: ?
Peace Music - ?|War Music

The European Union (From the Code Geass series.)

Capital: Paris
Leader: Gene Smilas
Trait: ?
UU: Panzer-Hummel (Replaces Mechanical Infantry) - ?
UU: Britannian W-0 (Replaces Giant Death Robot) - May paradrop with an unlimited range. Slightly weaker than the GDR, but requires no uranium.
Peace Music - ?|War Music - ?

(I'm aware there's a mod out there for some Code Geass civs, and while it does seem like a fair amount of effort was put into it, it was put on ice at a point in its development where it, to me at least, feels half-finished. Since Code Geass is not only my favourite anime series, but one of my all-time favourite works of fiction, i'd love to put something out there that feels more complete.)​

Remnant (From the RWBY series.)

Capital: Vale
Leader: Ozpin?
Trait: Semblance (Military units cost double upkeep. Each time a unit is trained, it gets one free, randomly assigned promotion from a pool*)
UU: Huntsman (Replaces Warrior) - Remnant can not train any of the units in the melee unit upgrade line (Swordsman, Longswordsman, Musketman, Line Infantry, Rifleman, Great War Infantry, Infantry, or Mechanical Infantry). Instead, each time the tech required to unlock these units is researched, the cost of producing the Huntsman is increased, as is its combat capabilities. The Huntsman has a 1 range ranged attack, as well as a much more powerful melee attack.
UU: Atlesian Paladin (Replaces Giant Death Robot) - Slightly weaker than the GDR, but costs iron, instead of uranium, and May attack twice per turn.
UB: CCR (Replaces Broadcast Tower) - Yields +2 science, rather than +1 Culture. Increases science output by 15% and culture by 20%, rather than just 33% culture.
UB: Combat School (Replaces Military Academy) - Increases production of Huntsmen in the city it's built by 20%, as well as provides XP to trained units.
Peace Music|War Music

*Semblance Promotions include:
  • Polarity (bonus defense against all attacks)
  • Speed (+1 movement per turn, and unit ignores terrain movement penalties as well as ZOC)
  • Shadow (upon being damaged greatly, the unit with this promotion retreats, leaving behind a copy of itself that lasts one turn. Damage taken by this copy yields experience to the original unit)
  • Ember Celica (Every two melee attacks that this unit survives, its base strength increases by one).

Cities List:
Spoiler :
-Vale
-Atlas
-Vacuo
-Mistral
-Beacon
-Sygnal
-Menagerie
-Vytal
-Sactum
-Shade
-Mantle
-Mountain Glenn
-Haven
-Forever Fall
-Emerald Forest
-Patch
-Tukson

Spies List:
Spoiler :
-Ruby
-Weiss
-Blake
-Yang
-Jaune
-Nora
-Phyra
-Ren
-Glynda
-Crow

Further possibilities for civs:

:c5moves: Eureka Seven - I've recently re-watched the first anime, and I think a civ based off of the series may be a great idea.

:c5moves: Akame ga Kill - I can't say I overly enjoyed it, but Akame Ga Kill is certainly a decent source of inspiration for a civ.

:c5moves: Hellsing - The Hellsing Organization, led by Sir Integra is a possibility, as are Millenium and Iscariot.

:c5moves: Wolfsrain - I don't remember much about this series, but I do remember very much enjoying it. Perhaps a refresher is in order, and I can decide whether or not it would make for a good civ.

City-States

In addition to the full civs that i plan to release, I'd like to also put together a mod that adds several anime inspired city-states. Most of these will either come from anime that maybe don't have a big enough following to warrant a full civilization, or from anime that if adopted into full civs, would be one-city types (civs that I've been making far too many of). Please feel free to suggest additions to this list.​

City-states:
:c5moves:Romdeau (Ergo Proxy)
:c5moves:Olympus (Appleseed)
:c5moves:Sidonia (Knights of Sidonia)
:c5moves:Neo-Tokyo (Akira)
:c5moves:The Methuselahs (Trinity Blood)
:c5moves:Prester (Last Exile)
:c5moves:Death City (Soul Eater)
:c5moves:Z City (One Punch Man)
:c5moves:Fuyuki City (Fate/Stay Night)
:c5moves:Sakurami City (Mirai Nikki)
:c5moves:Saint Lowell (Armitage III)
:c5moves:Niihama (Ghost in the Shell)
:c5moves:Kamina City (Mardock Scramble)
:c5moves:Metropolis (Metropolis)
:c5moves:Aincrad (SAO)
:c5moves:Deadman Wonderland (Deadman Wonderland)

Oh, sweet, another Black Lagoon fan! I actually came up with my own design for a Roanapur civ quite a while ago, after binge-watching the whole series + the OVA. Maybe some of the elements could be of use to you:

Roanapur (Balalaika)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: :c5capital: Roanapur
UA: ???
May not build Settlers or annex cities. Recieve +1 :trade: Trade Route and +10% Range for Trade Routes for every active war between major players that does not involve Roanapur. If a Harbor, Seaport, or Airport is built in Roanapur, receive +1 :c5gold: Gold per turn for every copy of that building that exists in foreign cities.
UU: Lagoon Company (Replaces Privateer)
Stronger than the Privateer it replaces (30 :c5strength: vs 25), the Lagoon Company can also double as a land-based unit with 20% more strength. Receives a further combat bonus against Gun units and may preform a one-time ability next to foreign lands to earn :c5gold: Gold and XP. However, it requires extra :c5gold: Maintenance and cannot be built, only be purchased with :c5gold: Gold.
UU: Visotoniki* (Replaces Infantry)
Unique Infantry for Balalaika's Roanapur. When War is declared against a major player, receives a 20% Combat bonus for 5 turns, doubled when stacked with a Great General. May Paradrop up to 5 tiles away, unlike the unit it replaces.

*"Visotoniki", also spelled "Vysotniky" by another translator, is the term used in the manga to refer to Hotel Moscow's special forces. More specifically, the ones who served alongside Balalaika in Afghanistan. After the scenes where they cut down Yakuza like lumber, and their role in the first few episodes of Roberta's Blood Trail, I felt any respectable Balalaika-led civ would have to represent them.

I do particularly like all of your UB designs, though. But given how much bloodshed goes down in the series, the civ's GOT to have at least one kick-ass UU.

Oh, sweet, another Black Lagoon fan! I actually came up with my own design for a Roanapur civ quite a while ago, after binge-watching the whole series + the OVA. Maybe some of the elements could be of use to you:

Roanapur (Balalaika)
May not build Settlers or annex cities. Recieve +1 :trade: Trade Route and +10% Range for Trade Routes for every active war between major players that does not involve Roanapur. If a Harbor, Seaport, or Airport is built in Roanapur, receive +1 :c5gold: Gold per turn for every copy of that building that exists in foreign cities.
Stronger than the Privateer it replaces (30 :c5strength: vs 25), the Lagoon Company can also double as a land-based unit with 20% more strength. Receives a further combat bonus against Gun units and may preform a one-time ability next to foreign lands to earn :c5gold: Gold and XP. However, it requires extra :c5gold: Maintenance and cannot be built, only be purchased with :c5gold: Gold.
Unique Infantry for Balalaika's Roanapur. When War is declared against a major player, receives a 20% Combat bonus for 5 turns, doubled when stacked with a Great General. May Paradrop up to 5 tiles away, unlike the unit it replaces.

*"Visotoniki", also spelled "Vysotniky" by another translator, is the term used in the manga to refer to Hotel Moscow's special forces. More specifically, the ones who served alongside Balalaika in Afghanistan. After the scenes where they cut down Yakuza like lumber, and their role in the first few episodes of Roberta's Blood Trail, I felt any respectable Balalaika-led civ would have to represent them.

I do particularly like all of your UB designs, though. But given how much bloodshed goes down in the series, the civ's GOT to have at least one kick-ass UU.

Yeah, I had originally thought of making the Lagoon Traders a UU; some sort of cargo ship replacement that was capable of defending itself, but considering I lack both a suitable model for that, and the means to create one, I ditched that idea. I really like the idea of the Visotoniki you have, and your trait design. What I have is definitely not set in stone.

Roanapur (Balalaika)

BTW, I want to know your thoughts; for the Steam thumbnail, should I use the one with or without Revy?

Spoiler :

I would use the one without Revy, but I would probably make the background a little more vibrant, maybe using that image of the island from the intro, or at least a shot of Roanapur in the background. Also, maybe using the spiffy Brave New World logo instead of vanilla Civ 5's.

Holy moly, Black Lagoon.

Consider me hyped, sir.

I like the Soul Society plan, would you mind if I post some of my ideas later? Had some fun trying to come up with a design for that civ some time ago.

Oh, and the capital should be called "Seiretei", which is basically the seat of the government of Soul Society and the Shinigami district.

I would use the one without Revy, but I would probably make the background a little more vibrant, maybe using that image of the island from the intro, or at least a shot of Roanapur in the background. Also, maybe using the spiffy Brave New World logo instead of vanilla Civ 5's.

Alright, good point on the Civ logo. Though, before I try changing the background, what do you think of this to fill in the space on the side?

Spoiler :

I like the Soul Society plan, would you mind if I post some of my ideas later? Had some fun trying to come up with a design for that civ some time ago.

Oh, and the capital should be called "Seiretei", which is basically the seat of the government of Soul Society and the Shinigami district.

Yeah, by all means, post your ideas; I'd love to hear them.

Though, Seiretei is just the district; Soul Society is the entire city. Using it as the capital would be sort of like making the capital of a Canada civ Parliament Hill, rather than Ottawa.

Alright, good point on the Civ logo. Though, before I try changing the background, what do you think of this to fill in the space on the side?

I like it, but I would probably start (from top-to-bottom) with the civ icon, then Balalaika, then the UU, then the UB(s).

Well, it is up to you how you want to name the capital, SS is more like a whole world than just a city in the end. I just personally prefer Seiretei that is all.

I completely agree with the choice for the leader. I think there is a better choice for the icon though, while SS does not have an official flag I would go for the symbol of the Gotei 13, since it is the closest thing. That skull was pretty much just used by Rukia during the first arc iirc.

Now, I actually really like that UA, but it is too situational for a 1 City Civ. You need to rely on other civs to attack you to make use of it and that is pretty risky depending on the timing since you will lag behind other due to your limitation and there is no guarantee you can defend yourself by the time they attack.

I would actually change it to something like "Every time a foreign unit dies and a foreign city loses a :c5citizen: citizen you will receive you will receive Yields in your capital depending on the unit's :c5strength: strength or the amount of :c5citizen: citizen."

Because honestly, SS is not a warlike "nation". Yeah, they do fight against hollows, but humans are in question here. A UA like this would give you an option of isolationism but still benefit you from death in other civilizations. With Yields I mean all of them, you get Food, Production, Gold, Culture, Science and Tourism per unit and citizen.

The Shinigami UU is an obvious choice, no doubt about it. Their role is to defend Seiretei, protect order in the rest of SS and transport souls from the human world to SS and protect them from hollows. I could get into some wacky ideas here but in the end your idea pretty much covers this in a simple manner, which is great.

The UB is a bit weird since this is a OC Civ. I would honestly prefer a Onmitsukidō/Mobile Corps unit that replaces the Lancer, does not require horses but has the same movement and abilities and can be invisible in friendly terrain.

That being said I would love this civ to be made. I can help with art and some further research depending on my schedule if you want.

I completely agree with the choice for the leader. I think there is a better choice for the icon though, while SS does not have an official flag I would go for the symbol of the Gotei 13, since it is the closest thing. That skull was pretty much just used by Rukia during the first arc iirc.

I'll be honest, I just google image searched "Soul Society Symbol", and the skull and flames thing was a common recurrence in the results. It's been a while since the last time I watched Bleach; I stopped watching right after that whole final Getsuga Tenshou thing, so I can't remember if the first arc is the only place the skull is used. I definitely do like he idea of the Goei 13 symbol, though I was going to use it as the unit flag for the Shinigami. I guess I could use the silhouette of a Zanpakutou instead.

Now, I actually really like that UA, but it is too situational for a 1 City Civ. You need to rely on other civs to attack you to make use of it and that is pretty risky depending on the timing since you will lag behind other due to your limitation and there is no guarantee you can defend yourself by the time they attack.

My intention was to have Barbarians included in that equation as well, so that you could get a lot of benefit from the early game that way, and it wouldn't be too situational.

The UB is a bit weird since this is a OC Civ. I would honestly prefer a Onmitsukidō/Mobile Corps unit that replaces the Lancer, does not require horses but has the same movement and abilities and can be invisible in friendly terrain.

There can definitely be more than just two uniques, especially for a one-city civ. It would help balance out that aspect, like what I'm doing with Roanapur.

That being said I would love this civ to be made. I can help with art and some further research depending on my schedule if you want.

Hey, I'd love help with this; especially with coding, if you have knowledge in that front. Art I've got covered, unless you know how to do unit modeling?

Top Bottom