Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

I almost was able to defeat England in my attempt - I took all their cities including London around turn 50, except one that was sitting just a couple of tiles away in Cornwall. I wasn't able to take that city because they had so many catapults and swordsmen, but my numbers had diminished, so I wanted to take a little breather and build up my army again to eradicate England. Sadly, after a few turns passed, the Netherlands and Spain randomly declared war on me. I had no chance of taking on both of them and possibly England, so I ragequitted. :(

Yes, that SW last english city was also a pain in the ass for me, because there is not enough land to siege it :(
I was luckier than you, Austria declared war on me, but they were fighting somewhere else and they sent a few units to Great Britain, so I could survive easily before going NW Africa. But I had to replay the game a few times.

Thanks again for the save, it worked perfectly!

You're welcome, sir :)

newly added; need confirmation if it works (apart from We are family, which currently does not work):

FeiLing, may I ask what do you mean? "We are family" doesn't work in that savegame, or it doesn´t work in any game?

Because the "We are family" achievement worked fine to me, but I've deleted that savegame. I'm not sure how did I get it, I think I did it in a Settler Duel map, and I converted all cities in the map BEFORE the other civ discovered its religion. But I'm not sure at all.

P.D. Please, feel free to add my savegame in the "Into the Renaissance" Scenario for the celt victory achievement "Never take our freedom", it is in page 5 in this thread :)

Intelligence Network is working (I already have the others so I cannot confirm if they work).

Regarding We Are Family, there's a save somewhere in this thread, where I can confirm that it works.

@Leones: Thanks for the ITR celt save... I couldn't do this... a huge map with so many units... so long turn times... it's killing me, really^^

Concerning We Are Family - It works under some circumstances no one really knows exactly. If you do what the achievement says, it certainly does not work (or only very rarely).

There is a hotseat savegame now in the list from the thread Option also mentioned in which it works (for now!).

@Option: thanks!

I did not see a save for "Greek Fire - As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a dromon". Can you get this reloading?

Achievement "The Yokes on the Mongols" (Win as Russia on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario)

This is the last "Into the Renaissance" Scenario Achievement. Maybe one of the hardest achievements I've found in G&K (and I'm over 90% achievements).

Suggested tips if you want to try it:
- Buy a new computer. Seriously. With huge RAM, a powerful graphic card, an ultimate generation processor...
- Last turns are simply unplayable. Suggested things to do between the end of a turn and the next one: f.e. go seeing "The Dark Knight Rises", it lasts 164 min. :cry::D

And if you still want to try:
- 1st (failed) strategy: GO SOUTH and kill mongols. But mongols don't give you Victory Points, and they will delay you a lot (anyway, later i've thought that if you're fast enough to defeat them, you can expand thru the SE of the map, until you find Turkey, and declare war on them)
- 2nd (failed) strategy: GO NW. Look for a spot on the sea and go for caravels. But you'll get very few sea cities (and far away from your capital city), Sweden will want the same land that you own, and it's very hard to conquer Sweden, their naval forces are stronger than yours. Even if you're on peace with Sweden, your caravels will be built slowly, there're many territorial waters to cross and the west border of the map is so far away...
- 3rd strategy: GO WEST. Found a couple of cities on the south, took a couple of mongol cities and threat their capital. They will surrender. Make peace (I did it in 75th turn or so). Go West, raise your cities and conquer every single city-state you see, until you find Austria. Declare war on them (I did it on 125th turn), their cities will give you the Victory Points you need to win. BTW, do not conquer coastal cities, you have no fleet to protect them. Go for inner cities in East Europe, they are easier to take.

On this save, I've finished with 24 cities (12 core, 12 puppets), more than 20 workers, my army was larger than 60 units (not to mention the units I've lost on the field)... a hell of micromanagament. Sometimes I was at war with 7-8 civs at the same time. So, I didn't want to explore the whole map. I've sent no caravels, my tech tree was Machinery-Cossacks-anything else. And I've stopped conquering cities in 175th turn or so, because the game became absolutely unplayable.

P.D. Special thanks to FeiLing, Option and the other contributors for the great job :)

Attachments

• Leones_ItR_Scenario_RussianWinning.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 248
Wow, my computer took about 7 minutes to calculate that last turn. :lol:
Great job, Leones, thanks again!

I probably would have tried doing it on a Random map instead of the historical map because Russia starts in such a terrible position.

Wow, my computer took about 7 minutes to calculate that last turn. :lol:
Great job, Leones, thanks again!

I probably would have tried doing it on a Random map instead of the historical map because Russia starts in such a terrible position.

7 minutes??? ONLY 7 MINUTES PER TURN??? :eek: lucky b... err... I mean... lucky you :lol::lol: Nice to hear the savegame works :)

Yes, the Russian starting position is not ideal in the historical map, but I didn't want to explore the whole huge map in a random game. Besides, with an historical map I know my strategy from the beginning, but in a random map I won't know what to do in the start (going for caravels, raise cities, early attack...)

WTF WERE THEY THINKING/SMOKING AT FIRAXIS?

Seriously...

That last turn from that save took exactly 4min50s to proceed for me...

wow... just wow.

Thanks a bunch for the save! I'd have never ever been able to do this myself!

------------------------

Good News:

There is only 1 more save needed:

Wonder who'll be the glorious hero who submits it :D

Here is an interesting little way to assist in getting the "Great Generals" for the achievement: Panzer "Shafernator" General;
Once you have completed the 'Autocracy' Social Policy you can purchase Great Generals with Faith - and this counts towards this achievement!

Achievement "The Yokes on the Mongols" (Win as Russia on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario)

This is the last "Into the Renaissance" Scenario Achievement. Maybe one of the hardest achievements I've found in G&K (and I'm over 90% achievements).

Suggested tips if you want to try it:
- Buy a new computer. Seriously. With huge RAM, a powerful graphic card, an ultimate generation processor...
- Last turns are simply unplayable. Suggested things to do between the end of a turn and the next one: f.e. go seeing "The Dark Knight Rises", it lasts 164 min. :cry::D

this game lol. I got some weird error at the end after minutes of waiting and my civ 5 crashed but I got the achievement lol!

I would just like to say that thanks to the files here, and thanks to things I have learned from the people whom have posted here, I have now "unlocked every single achievement". Good luck to everyone else in getting to this massive milestone!

Oh, BTW. After reading the "achievements_debug.txt" file, I have noticed there are 16 achievements that aren't mentioned via Steam, such as 'Catfight' and 'defpact'. Are these actually achievable, or are they discontinued achievements, or never released, and are left overs from betas?

Oh, BTW. After reading the "achievements_debug.txt" file, I have noticed there are 16 achievements that aren't mentioned via Steam, such as 'Catfight' and 'defpact'. Are these actually achievable, or are they discontinued achievements, or never released, and are left overs from betas?

Those are achievements that got removed.

Top Bottom