Do You Want XCOM Squad in game?

Should XCOM Squad be included?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 319 59.6%
  • No, no it shouldn't.

Votes: 216 40.4%

• Total voters
I'd actually love an expansion with more later era and future tech and a few extra hundred years to the end of the game.

i dont like the xcom unit at all. its not a real unit come on.just stupid. why not make som other cool unit like drones or something instead that really fit in the game?

Would it have made a difference to all the 'no-voters' if they were just called "future infantry" and re-skinned? Just curious :)

I'd actually love an expansion with more later era and future tech and a few extra hundred years to the end of the game.

We need two games:

1) A sci-fi version of Civ for the Alpha Centauri fans.

2) A 'ancient history' version of Civ for the folks who like the early civilizations more than building say, atomic bombs or aircraft carriers.

Oddly enough I would buy both of those games.

The whole 'spears to nukes' thing kind of grates on me. I would prefer something more specialized. I suspect a lot of people would.

The whole 'spears to nukes' thing kind of grates on me. I would prefer something more specialized. I suspect a lot of people would.

But hasn't that been the whole selling point of the Civilization series? Where other games focus on a very specific theme, Civilization covers it all.

Would it have made a difference to all the 'no-voters' if they were just called "future infantry" and re-skinned? Just curious :)

Yes it would. Don't rip off XCOM. The devs should use their imagination. Make an original unit. :)

We need two games:

1) A sci-fi version of Civ for the Alpha Centauri fans.

2) A 'ancient history' version of Civ for the folks who like the early civilizations more than building say, atomic bombs or aircraft carriers.

Oddly enough I would buy both of those games.

I would too. In a minute I would. I don't doubt they have considered at least a futuristic civ game at some point along the way.

We started looking at Brave New World, at places we might have had holes in the chain of units as you progress through history." One such opportunity was the paratrooper unit; there was only one in the whole game, appearing around the World War II era, and it could never be upgraded. "And that's the way XCOM squads get around the planet, they have the Skyranger and they can go anywhere they want to, so it just all came together like that.

- Ed Beach

Yep. Still sound like a joke to you guys? I dunno much about this Ed Beach guy, but I doubt even he would push a joke this far. Xcom is in the game.

I've grown to accept it, meh, it might be cool. You guys should run for presidency you are good at persuading people to look the other way :p

That holes in the chain of units comment makes me hope that we get an earlier Marines-type unit.

If what Firaxis is saying is true, then we, the fans, have the power,

They clearly mentioned the game wasn't finished yet and was full of bugs, thus, it means they still have the power of to change things, it doesn't stop them from removing units, features, aspects etc.

So yes, we, do have the power to remove units, if there's a great negative reception to something the right thing to do is to remove it.

It's clear that the reception is positive, it's not what I want, but after a while, I'll get used to it, I got used to isabella being included as a 10th civ despite me paying money and I know I made a big deal out of that.

Do I like it? No.
Will I learn to accept it? Yes.

Did people accept GDR? No.
Did they learn to accept it? They still bought the game.

I will still buy BNW no matter what.

Well about 175 people said yes and 100 said no so if
fraxis might include it.

I find it interesting that this poll has shown a roughly 60:40 split (60% in favor, 40% against) among the forum members since it was opened. Data from a voluntary response poll are statistically sketchy at best, but the trend has been consistent. Given the number of members this forum has, I'm not sure that 272 votes counts as a statistically significant sample, but it's fun to watch.

I don't know that it matters to me. It doesn't upset me, but it wouldn't if they changed their minds either. It's just another unit. Probably still better than having the world covered with Zeppelin squadrons in 4 (or was that 3?).

There are a lot of specialized era specific games out there. The whole spears to nukes thing is the focal point of the Civilization series. Taking it out would be like taking the criminal activity out of the Grand Theft Auto series.

- Ed Beach

Yep. Still sound like a joke to you guys? I dunno much about this Ed Beach guy, but I doubt even he would push a joke this far. Xcom is in the game.

They should have upgraded the paratrooper to air cavalry, not XCOM squad. Does the XCOM squad sound like something from the 20th century? That is the time period they mention updating for this expansion, not some imaginary 22nd century! :rolleyes: I suppose the next unit we hear about will be some kind of alien merc unit, along invading Alien barbs. This game is becoming drunk with stupidity. HA HA!!!

Let's bypass all of the real units that were available in the 20th century, that could actually make the game interesting, and screw it up with future units that haven't existed in real life and never will, for no purpose. Don't worry they'll buy BNW anyway. Remember they bought into our earlier GDR derp, so who cares. - Firaxis advertising plan *scoff*

Big No!

Get that out of my Civ V: Brave New World! I do not want advertising of other games on it. It should be an optional mod!

Not only that, if you look at the ESRB, it states that it is M-rated. Put an M-rated reference in an E10+-rated game? No thank you. There are more than enough M-rated references in E-rated and E10+-rated games: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ParentalBonus

I am no prude.

I would rather have futuristic androids fighting thank you. Putting references from another game got to be an early April Fool's joke (even if it is confirmed).

I will not buy Brave New World until that squad is removed completely.

Top Bottom