Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm still intending to have more dynamic titles - although it might not be as comprehensive as what you are planning. It'll be based upon a combination of your chosen Government type (Monarchy/Republic), your Administration type (Theocracy/Stratocracy/Plutocracy/Meritoracy/Tecnocracy), your empire size, and then an epithet which will be more varied based upon a variety of factors. And these titles are all civ-sensitive, too (so Tsar for Russian Kings, or Super-Terrible-Dictator for Sami Republics).

I don't know if you'd call it better, but it's a natural extension to the addition of Governments, as is being done through Prestige.

Now to work out how to make my Corinth mod compatible with this Great Work of Coding.

Hm, just titles and no changes in Civ name? Good to hear either way.

EDIT: Also, as an aside: Will Piety and Prestige be seperate, modular components, or will both be necessary to function?

This looks interesting. Ill be keeping an eye out for when it's downloadable. Though this might be worth mentioning, it seems when I use Gazebo's Community Patch with some of your custom civs, I only tested it with two civs, the game pretty much enables friendly fire. No better way to say it. I my cities can attack my own units and my units can attack my cities. Also I get a weird UI bug and sometimes I get a bug where im at war with everyone. Moral of the story...all the bugs. I only download Gazebo's Community Patch because it said it was a require for this mod.

Hm, just titles and no changes in Civ name? Good to hear either way.

EDIT: Also, as an aside: Will Piety and Prestige be seperate, modular components, or will both be necessary to function?

P&P are inextricably tied to one another.

This looks interesting. Ill be keeping an eye out for when it's downloadable. Though this might be worth mentioning, it seems when I use Gazebo's Community Patch with some of your custom civs, I only tested it with two civs, the game pretty much enables friendly fire. No better way to say it. I my cities can attack my own units and my units can attack my cities. Also I get a weird UI bug and sometimes I get a bug where im at war with everyone. Moral of the story...all the bugs. I only download Gazebo's Community Patch because it said it was a require for this mod.

That's not a bug to do with my civs specifically, as it's one I get after a while without restarting the game whilst having a DLL active. Just as a note, the "Community" Patch isn't required; it's :king: Whoward's DLL that's required. The "Community" Patch includes :king: Whoward's DLL, but also includes other extraneous features which you might not want (and, for the "Community" Balance Patch, will interact negatively with P&P).

Is P&P ready to use? You mentioned that Hungary needed it.

Piety and Prestige? It isn't quite ready; I've been a bit distracted by uni exams + CulDiv + Holy Rome + mystery civ. But after mystery civ, I intend to devote myself to getting piety ready for an initial release. It will come alonside the Papal States update :p

This is definitely looking like one of the more promising and in-depth expansion style mods, I can't wait to use it.

Beyond Earth gives me a few ideas for how a significant change in gameplay might occur - namely, something analogous to the alignments, but based more in governmental style. Basically the idea is something like the Prehistoric Era mod where the tech tree is pushed back to say, Fire, but cities as they are don't exist from the onset, rather you end up playing slightly more like barbarians with mobile encampents as your base. Taking the tech path towards agriculture and later writing encourages settling and ending up along a Sedentary alignment, more militaristic and pastorialist techs encourage a Nomadic path, and a middle ground centered on Archery and Trapping is...Tribal, I guess. These eventually roughly align with Monarchy, Horde, and Republic, and eventually, Order, Autocracy, and Freedom, but they're not mutually exclusive and indeed, it'd work a lot like Purity, Supremacy, and Harmony in ways.

All this would probably require heavier changes than is possible though, and it wouldn't play nice with a lot of things. But yeah things like that, more active and evolving city-states or even more shifting between befitting statuses - something like Victoria 2 where the major powers would be full civs, secondary powers would play like city-states, those that are fallen behind would be uncivs that play like barbarians, but things can shift between those states as the game progresses.

at this point though that's pie in the sky stuff that's practically making a Civ 6 by hand. So I'm mostly just spewing ideas of what might be neat.

This is definitely looking like one of the more promising and in-depth expansion style mods, I can't wait to use it.

Yeah, seems like a pretty comprehensive overhaul of a bunch of game mechanics. Very exciting stuff, man I can't wait for more details on the prestige side of things!

...cities... don't exist from the onset, rather you end up playing slightly more like barbarians with mobile encampents as your base.
Man this would be properly cool if it could be implemented. You could scout around for the best area to settle your capital while accumulating resources. Tribal and nomadic civs would be historically more accurate and give much more fluidity to the game.

All this would probably require heavier changes than is possible though...at this point though [it's] pie in the sky stuff that's practically making a Civ 6 by hand. So I'm mostly just spewing ideas of what might be neat.
Neat indeed.:goodjob:

Since there isn't a download link yet for me to play around with it, how could I go ahead and get started with making my custom religions compatible with P&P?

Well, it depends what you're intending to do with your custom religions. By default, any custom religions can be used as your State Religion, and with the State Religion specific events/decisions/mechanics/institutions, without a problem. The only external compatibility needed would be for any events or decisions that should yield piety instead of faith, or any code that should require a State Religion instead of the vague qualifier "majority religion." For that, you can have a look at my Hungary or Iceland civs - the decisions, events, and UA for the former showcase how to have the mod automatically switch over to reward piety instead of faith/to require a State Religion when P&P is active.

When you release this it seems obvious that a Constantine alt for the byz would go perfect with it. Should I go Arian, or Nicene sort of thing.

Awesome! How are things going overall though? Got an ETA for release?

ETA: After Papal update.
Papal update ETA: When I can be bothered doing the events :p

Overall, it's done, but I may as well add in as many Institutions as I can be bothered with atm (Patriarchate and Caliphate are rather straightforward, so probably those two, with the other three saved for a later update).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom