[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

Nah, its still better then the original one.

Wait... The Turks are... Controlling Mosul?
(Well, Its still better then having Theodora and Isabella in the same scenario)

And... I saw the new units. I suppose some of them will be gifted by city states?

Natan, if you want a no settler scenario, it shouldn't be hard to mod.

I once tried doing an +/- AD 1200 start scenario for Europe with no settlers and all regions already settled with accurate city placement and geography... let's just say I cried a bit whilst attempting to work on it... just a bit... :lol:

Spoiler :
Forever shall it rest in pieces...

Oh, and another thing. I see that Mt. Olympos is on the map... maybe replacing it with Mt. Athos would be a good idea? That would obviously mean it would need to be moved, but it'd make more sense than Mt. Olympos, if it gives Faith. I don't think there were that many worshippers of Zeus in 1095...

Oh, and another thing. I see that Mt. Olympos is on the map... maybe replacing it with Mt. Athos would be a good idea? That would obviously mean it would need to be moved, but it'd make more sense than Mt. Olympos, if it gives Faith. I don't think there were that many worshippers of Zeus in 1095...

I considered Mount Athos, but opted for Olympus because it was more of a natural wonder, and not a man-made one. But then again, I thought it was a good idea to have ruins of Petra as a natural wonder, so I guess we could change it. I'd defer to JFD's preference though.

Is that Timbuktu portrayed by El Dorado in the south east?

Timbuktu? What Timbuktu? It must be a fata morgana. :p

Once again, amazing scenario!! Just a suggestion though; it always bothered me that Scandinavian civs were Christian. Perhaps you could add a Pagan religion & make that the state religion of Denmark & Sweden? Also, I think a Norway civ would also fit in nicely with the scenario.

There seemingly were some pagan uprisings in Norway in the 11th century, but Christianisation of Scandinavia started in mid-10th century, just like in Poland (ruler baptised in 966AD, around the same time as Harald Bluetooth). And you wouldn't say Poland should start as a pagan kingdom. The only pagan nation at the start of the game would be Lithuania, but alas, there's no spot left for it as the hardcoded limit doesn't allow more civs.

Although unplayable city-state Lithuania could be a pagan holy city, which Christians would have to convert to eliminate the Pagan pressure. Or conquer and rack up points for holding a holy city.

I considered Mount Athos, but opted for Olympus because it was more of a natural wonder, and not a man-made one. But then again, I thought it was a good idea to have ruins of Petra as a natural wonder, so I guess we could change it. I'd defer to JFD's preference though.

I added Studious Monastery as a wonder, so I think Mount Athos would be good.

Nah, its still better then the original one.

You shouldn't say "Nah", Natan. It's unbecoming.

I honestly didn't take into consideration that the scenario took place at 1095 :p . I was honestly thinking of Denmark being like a 'Viking' civilization.

what are the victory conditions? any change? can I still get 1500 phat points from caravels? i love them

this is the scenario i played the most in CiV, and man... just looking at your map i can see the blood flowing already :D

You shouldn't say "Nah", Natan. It's unbecoming.

Its like you shouldn't say "duh", Daniel. Its unpleasant.(also what's unbecoming?)
Now, will there be Jews(in your empire)?

I once tried doing an +/- AD 1200 start scenario for Europe with no settlers and all regions already settled with accurate city placement and geography... let's just say I cried a bit whilst attempting to work on it... just a bit... :lol:

Spoiler :
Forever shall it rest in pieces...

Yeah, not super super easy, but the map's mostly done. It just takes some effort, but
Natan

How do you download this? Every time I click download it opens a broken page displaying the "this page is not available" message. Sorry for the nooby question, but I usually just download everything from Steam Mods, directly from the Civ V game. Any answers would be much appreciated. =]

Top Bottom