Mod saves with small save file size - CTD when loaded

labriejp

Jack of all trades
so in the vain attempt to fix the save game issue that seems to plague my mod for some people (and myself sometimes), I have noticed that when saving a game (mid game, ren era).. the file size after the save will be 16kb, where a normal save would be 1-2 MB.

When loading the save of course the entire game crashes to desktop.

Has anyone run into this, or possibly know the cause or the fix to this?

I have recently removed ALL LUA from my mods themselves and tested and I still get small save's that lead to CTD.

I was using WHoward's v 66 DLL (34 civs), YnAEMP (Was playing on that giant map) has some other of WHoward's mods active, as well as barbarian XP and some extra wonders...

I'm just not sure what is really triggering the change in the save game size.

Thanks for any help!

labriejp do you have ships that can load land units ?

if yes this may be your problem :

I had cruisers able to load marines in my mod, since I removed this ability from them it seems to have fixed the savegame bug for my mod.

labriejp do you have ships that can load land units ?

if yes this may be your problem :

I had cruisers able to load marines in my mod, since I removed this ability from them it seems to have fixed the savegame bug for my mod.

I did have that in the Naval mod, but I have since removed it yet I'm still getting crashes and small size saves.

The only other LUA I have in the mod is in the Air mod, which is improved air recon (Reveals tiles when air sweep is performed).

I'm just kind of at a loss right now.. driving me crazy

thanks for the reply though!

Labriejp did you reorganize the row IDs with the "Fixinator"?
If you deleted something (promotion, unit,...) or just added something it could be a good idea.

I think you should search for something that is working but was not planned by the developers : naval or land units carrying land units, a promotion given to a unit that should not have it (invisible to something else than subs for example, though I did it in my mod and it doesn't seems to be the reason for the savegame bug).

I would say 95% sure it is linked to carrier type unit abilities

I had the same problems with your mod labriejp when they were combined, I have since removed some of the carrier unit abilities and it works again. In Ground I dumped "SpecialUnitCode.xml" and "UpdateUnits888.sql". In Air I dumped "MarineLoader.sql" and made alterations in the ".modinfo" file accordingly, no save game bug since.

Civ5 seems very finicky with carrier type abilities

Omny - I will try to take your advice here.. I 86'ed marineloader.sql from AAU already on the last version update.. that XML and SQL code in AGU is out of date since ground units can't load onto other ground units without DLL modding for it... I will try it out as I'm running into the save bug again right now.

Hulfgar - thanks for the advice, I'll google fixanator and run it .. hopefully that will help. I do have a few things not intended by the developers but still should work (not with lua), like a air unit (helicopter model) as a plane on a destroyer .. kind of weird looking but it works.

What I'm worried about is ANU causing the issue.. although I got rid of all lua (and sql) and the ability of ground units to load on ships.. hmm

Top Bottom