List log on accounts for merging (clean up of database problem)

Lefty Scaevola

Moderatus Illuminatus
Super Moderator
Post in this thread if you have a temporary DL account, becasue of database log on problems, to be merged into you principal account.

Identify the accounts as 'source' and 'target'. The target account will be the surviving account, and keep all its profile information. The 'source' accounts will have all their posts added to the 'target' account and the 'source' accounts will cease to exist. Postcount should update for the target account, but sometimes it does not do so until the board's postcount table is updated. Make the post herein with your target account to make sure that it is working for you.

Example:

Source:
AarvakianTEMP

Target:
Aarvarkian

I will start doing the mergers sometime this weekend.

get it correct,
The merger process cannot be reversed.

Thanks login works.

Source: Nathiran

Target: Nathiri

I have several civ3 files with Nathiri and several posts.

Nathiran only has the one post from the corrupted account log, so not too crucial.

Hopefully I did the source/target thing correctly.

Source:
Dogfish46

Target:
Dogfish44

Many thanks for going through this ^_^

Source lordrj15 2

target lordrj15

Thanks for getting everything sorted out!

Source:
DarkRogue

Target:
DarkScythe

Only made the duplicate account to post about the issue, and I refrained from making any other posts in the meantime, so no huge loss either way.

Source: Dellan32

Target: Dellan

Edit:

The source accounts will be deleted, so that means any threads we opened will be deleted as well?
I recently opened an Elimination Thread (signature) and it'd be a pity if it got erased.

Source: Dellan32
The source accounts will be deleted, so that means any threads we opened will be deleted as well?
Negative, the thread and any posts will remain unchanged except that the source account posts will then show as target account posts. The name and account information on posts will simply change to the target account.
If any source account posts have been quoted before merger, then the quote will still show the old source account log on name.

Source: WretchedGrace

Target: Scapegrace

Thanks for sorting it out, chaps! =]

Top Bottom