Game won't launch on Mac

fwaltman

Chieftain
Just downloaded BE from the Mac Appstore. When I launch the game I get the initial screen with "Other Games", "Register" and support options. When I click launch I get

An unrecoverable error has occurred and Civilization: Beyond Earth cannot continue

The Check you mac App system it will run (late 2012 iMac 27" with 16GB)

I've rebooted and reinstalled but the same error. Of course, its a super long weekend so likely no official help until Monday :(

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to spend time with my relatives this weekend :)

Added: I am running Yosemite.

No luck with tech support, basically said "some software is interfering, run on a different computer."

I actually purchased the Steam version as well but had the same error there. Aspyr promptly processed a refund for the Steam version but waiting to hear from Apple about the Appstore version....

Guess I'll have to make do with Civ 5

FWIW, I have the same system (2012 iMac, 680MX, 1TB Fusion, Yosemite 10.10.1) and am able to launch the game (Steam version) without issue, and launch a game in Ultra settings.

You might try digging through your logs to find out what's actually happening. And go through the usual suspects (permissions repair, disk repair, etc.). You can't rule out the possibility that either you do indeed have a software conflict or you've run across a hardware failure that thus far only manifests with the BE codebase (which is quite different than CiV's).

Top Bottom