I need vanilla XML files, please.

stebbinsd

Chieftain
About a week ago, I asked for some vanilla XML files. Instead, you guys suggested that I just uninstall and re-install the game. That thread is still on this page.

After about a week of getting no other help, I decided to finally just go and reinstall the game.

Well, guess what? I can't do that! When I go to my control panel and tell it to uninstall "Sid Meir's Civilization IV," I keep getting this message:

An error (-5004 : 0x80041f42) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor. Firaxis Games
(##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##).

So, I can't even uninstall it, right now!

So, I simply have to have the vanilla XML files that I had modded too much of. There simply is no other way around it.

I don't see why you guys are so hesitant to just upload the XML files, here. It's not like it's a bandwidth issue! The largest XML file I need is less than 600 kB.

Come on! Lend a guy a helping hand!

Here are the XML files I need:

CIV4BonusInfos
CIV4CivicInfos
CIV4CivilizationInfos
CIV4FeatureInfos
CIV4GameSpeedInfo
CIV4ImprovementInfos
CIV4LeaderHeadInfos
CIV4TechInfos
CIV4TerrainInfos
CIV4TraitInfos
CIV4UnitInfos
CIV4BuildingInfos

Have you tried reinstalling over the old bad install, or does it give you an error message of some sort when you do that?

You can try manually uninstalling it by deleting the Civ4 folders & files, and then using a registry cleaner to get rid of the traces of it. Then do a clean install of Civ4.

Top Bottom