Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Not sure if this is intended or not (i.e. feature or bug :) ), but when I conquer a city from a more advanced civ, having buildings I can't build yet, these remain there and all are fully functional. Like Trading post when I don't have Trade yet, it even says 'requires Trade' in the city detail and gives me 2 merchants.

Usually when I can't use something, like a certain building lacks a resource, they stop working until access is restored.

Not sure if this is intended or not (i.e. feature or bug :) ), but when I conquer a city from a more advanced civ, having buildings I can't build yet, these remain there and all are fully functional. Like Trading post when I don't have Trade yet, it even says 'requires Trade' in the city detail and gives me 2 merchants.

Usually when I can't use something, like a certain building lacks a resource, they stop working until access is restored.

Yeah I don't think prereqtech is checked in that. Might be a good idea to have it checked for validity though. Good point.

Yeah I don't think prereqtech is checked in that. Might be a good idea to have it checked for validity though. Good point.

If you capture a city of a more advanced civ. and the trade buildings are still there and presumably the people who know how to trade. You should get the benefits in that city. They can be persuaded, if still alive by some methods. :evil:

Also maybe a research addition (X research points) to the Trade tech for your civ.

Just a thought.

I'm not averse to your point Harrier. That too makes sense. We do already have a massive bonus given towards a random tech they have that you don't being delivered to you when you conquer a city though.

If you capture a city of a more advanced civ. and the trade buildings are still there and presumably the people who know how to trade. You should get the benefits in that city. They can be persuaded, if still alive by some methods. :evil:
Counter-argument; conquerors usually destroy (or at least does not preserve) what they don't understand as they don't see the value in it.

I think combat bonuses like Sidestep (against Throwing) and Shock (against Melee) are not added correctly, at least in some cases.

First case: Here my Horseman has 25% against Arsonist (Throwing) naturally + Sidestep II = 70% cumulative. The throwing bonus is shown, still the combat is 6.60 against 8.88; looks like it is just 6 STR + 10% strength against 8 STR + 11%, but 70% bonus for combat against Throwing is ignored.

Second example: Horseman against Dog Soldier (Melee), when I give him Shock II, bonus 45% vs. Melee is shown, but ignored (percentages in the Combat log are the same after the combat, so it is not just a presentational bug).

Also, there is another presentational bug for the same combat, +25% from Forest is green +, but it should be in red -, as it is a disadvantage. But it adds 25% to the defender correctly.

Third example: it looks like the melee bonus is added against everyone for my melee unit: STR 1.44 Obsidian Axeman against tamed rhinoceros STR 4. Combat I is added = 1.58. There should be 35% bonus for the fight against animals, but nothing else. The final calculation is 1.58 against 2.05.

I noticed it before, the best units against atlatl were stone axemen with shock II... but now I got finally some time to post it.

Attachments

• first_case.JPG
    first_case.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 83
  • second example.JPG
    second example.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 85
  • third example.JPG
    third example.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 67
I think combat bonuses like Sidestep (against Throwing) and Shock (against Melee) are not added correctly, at least in some cases.

First case: Here my Horseman has 25% against Arsonist (Throwing) naturally + Sidestep II = 70% cumulative. The throwing bonus is shown, still the combat is 6.60 against 8.88; looks like it is just 6 STR + 10% strength against 8 STR + 11%, but 70% bonus for combat against Throwing is ignored.

Second example: Horseman against Dog Soldier (Melee), when I give him Shock II, bonus 45% vs. Melee is shown, but ignored (percentages in the Combat log are the same after the combat, so it is not just a presentational bug).

Also, there is another presentational bug for the same combat, +25% from Forest is green +, but it should be in red -, as it is a disadvantage. But it adds 25% to the defender correctly.

Third example: it looks like the melee bonus is added against everyone for my melee unit: STR 1.44 Obsidian Axeman against tamed rhinoceros STR 4. Combat I is added = 1.58. There should be 35% bonus for the fight against animals, but nothing else. The final calculation is 1.58 against 2.05.

I noticed it before, the best units against atlatl were stone axemen with shock II... but now I got finally some time to post it.
I know there are a few inaccuracies in the displays. As for the example images and the explanations that go with them, I'm not finding the dots connectable here. Perhaps a part of that is because the full odds modifiers aren't being displayed. I'm not saying it's impossible for there to be inaccuracies, just that I'm not making full sense of it from what you're explaining and showing.

ok, I added the whole screenshots to that post.
It is not just a display error, combat odds in Combat log after the combat are the same. I tried to give my horsemen Sidestep bonus against Arsonist in several combats and examined how the combat went in the combat log.

I've played ~400 turns on snail, huge world and suddenly I cannot save game ("failed to compress game data"). Is there any way to fix it?

Just updated to SVN 8121 and still unable to trade money to vassal...

ok, I added the whole screenshots to that post.
It is not just a display error, combat odds in Combat log after the combat are the same. I tried to give my horsemen Sidestep bonus against Arsonist in several combats and examined how the combat went in the combat log.
Ok, that will help to research the issues mentioned. Will be a bit yet before I get to things along these lines but it will be thoroughly audited soon.

I've played ~400 turns on snail, huge world and suddenly I cannot save game ("failed to compress game data"). Is there any way to fix it?
I have never seen such an error... I've no idea how it can take place and where. Alberts may be able to help with this but I don't know.

Just updated to SVN 8121 and still unable to trade money to vassal...
It's one of many unresolved bugs that will remain for a bit until it's looked into.

Ok, that will help to research the issues mentioned. Will be a bit yet before I get to things along these lines but it will be thoroughly audited soon.

Thanks!

Unrelated one: I got Fieldsman II promotion for a horseman (mounted) unit as a result of the combat victory. According to Civilopedia, it shouldn't be available to mounted units. No rush, I enjoyed it :)
Edit: it is available as a normal promotion too.

Thanks!

Unrelated one: I got Fieldsman II promotion for a horseman (mounted) unit as a result of the combat victory. According to Civilopedia, it shouldn't be available to mounted units. No rush, I enjoyed it :)
Edit: it is available as a normal promotion too.

It's probably available to them via a setting on the Promotion Line as opposed to directly on each promotion. The pedia has not yet been made capable of translating that form of xml given access to the player.

It's probably available to them via a setting on the Promotion Line as opposed to directly on each promotion. The pedia has not yet been made capable of translating that form of xml given access to the player.

The pedia does not access the XML it asks the dll for information. In this case it asks the dll which promotions are available to the unit.

The pedia does not access the XML it asks the dll for information. In this case it asks the dll which promotions are available to the unit.

Of course. I was giving a more layman's explanation. Nevertheless... the pedia is not currently displaying the access to promotions given on the promotions' promotionlines. I suppose I could try to make it easier for the python side by some programming tweaks in the code... I think that may be where we left that project at last.

With a clean install from the SVN I am getting the following errors and then the game starts with no UI.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 45, in forceBUGModuleInit

File "BugInit", line 79, in initForced

File "BugPath", line 320, in init

File "BugPath", line 585, in initDataFolder

File "BugUtil", line 268, in error

File "BugUtil", line 285, in log

File "BugUtil", line 295, in logToScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceBUGModuleInit failed, module CvAppInterface

File "BugUtil", line 692, in <lambda>

File "BugEventManager", line 577, in preGameStart

File "CvAppInterface", line 109, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 94, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 960, in interfaceScreen

AttributeError: type object 'CvPythonExtensions.WidgetTypes' has no attribute 'WIDGET_GP_PROGRESS_BAR'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

I'm using SVN 8121 and modern fishing boats are useless. I just created a few but every time I try to use them, I get this message "A modern workboat is unable to complete create fishing boats because it requires the sacrifice of a standard group sized unit of its type."

CTD with this:
Spoiler :

File "BugUtil", line 692, in <lambda>

File "BugEventManager", line 577, in preGameStart

File "CvAppInterface", line 105, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 105, in showTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 246, in interfaceScreen

File "CvTechChooser", line 267, in ConstructTabs

File "CvTechChooser", line 307, in DrawTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 444, in placeTechs

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

also
[8700.862] info type 'BUILDING_RHINO_MYTH' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

and in Modules\Animals\Ecological_Animals\Rhinoceros\Rhinoceros_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
on 1316
<UnitType>UNIT_SUBDUED_SUBDUED_ELASMOTHERIUM</UnitType>

Top Bottom