MOD: The Balancer

Is there a specific thread for The Balancer: Reloaded, or would it be alright to inquire about it here?

Here it is.

If you have any problems try Pm'ing Kingpin. Hes the mods designer and hosts the site Ive linked you to . Your in for one of the best Civving expierences ever, I kid you not. :)
Good Day,
T.A

lol thanks for the link, though i had found it earlier soon after posting xD

I also PMed Kingpin, hope he replies soon... I'm having some problems extracting all the files now that it's downloaded.

Hey if you can't get a hold of King just let me know and I'll send you em bro. This mod, no one should be with out! (seriously) :)

Sure, give out my contact profile ;)

Hey King, nice to see ya. I hear a few requests for your mod along my travels though sometimes (twice) I get a pm later saying they can't get the bit torrent to sqeeze out. Ever thought of reverting to FilePlanet,> I know its what SoG used for his bigger file size. (he cut it in half)

Atleast there you can hit the d-load button and go to work or eat dinner depending on cable speed, and presto! its done. With torrent its crazy fast but not a gurantee to go down all times.
Just an idea, n' thanks for the listen.

Well Jonsey, I've been trying to come up with some alternative method to distribute the mod. Once we get Creative Design Group up and running again, we're hoping to have a proper bittorrent tracker there for the Civ community to use.

As long as people use Azureus, TBX-R downloads just fine right now. I see people downloading it all the time. Right now there are four seeders. Stay tuned on the tracker though. It's a bit of a learning curve for Elucidus and me.

Excellent.

I used the Balancer mod several years back & it was one of the best ever, even with the few gliches it had. Since I've built my new P/C (last year) I haven't been able to D/L the Balancer mod again. I just tried again & this time it's working! The estimated D/L time is 3 & 1/2 hours but I'm willing to wait.

I haven't installed or played Civ III in over a year because the Balancer was the only version I liked to play. It'll be nice to play a few rounds again. (I think Civ IV sucks b.t.w.)

Is this mod for PTW or conquest?

The Balancer Reloaded is for Conquests, cometflash

Brenjen, I hope you'll like this version. It has definitely expanded since you've last played it. It takes a long time to download but I think you'll be surprised at how much we packed into 500 Mb. :)

I like to hear your comments once you've taken it out for a spin.

If I could just de-compress it I'd be all set. I D/L'd winace to extract the file after Azureus was finished but it just continued to lock up over & over & I don't have Winrar on this P/C. Once I get it all figured out & installed I'll be sure to post my thoughts if it will work with the CivIII Gold edition,(I just read where it's for Conquest) if not then oh well, I tried.

If it doesn't work in your version, we can probably figure out a way to make it work.

I appreciate that.

Edit: I got the evaluation version of Winrar, extracted the Balancer Reloaded mod into the PTW scenarios folder (that's where the Balancer version that came with the Gold Edition CD is located) The problem I ran into is that the game will recognize the .bic & .bix file extensions but not the .biq

It said "Scenario Version Invalid! - Version BIC files are incompatible with this version of Civilization III. It has .Bic files in the scenarios folder that came on the CD for the vanilla CivIII scenarios; why it said BIC in stead of .BIQ I do not know. Any clue what I can do about this snag?

Edit #2: It doesn't matter if I change the file name to .BIC & put it in the regular (vanilla) CivIII scenarios folder or change it to .BIX & put it in the PTW scenario folder the message & outcome is the same. :-(

I suppose I'm screwed; I can't find a way to change the .BIQ file into a .BIC or .BIX without re-writing everything myself & I don't have the complete or Conquest version of CivIII

The Balancer Reloaded is for Conquests, cometflash

Brenjen, I hope you'll like this version. It has definitely expanded since you've last played it. It takes a long time to download but I think you'll be surprised at how much we packed into 500 Mb. :)

I like to hear your comments once you've taken it out for a spin.

Isn't this mod and the reloaded two different mods? I was looking for a good PTW mod to play, as I do not have conquest, and as in the OP says extract to the civ III folder (and not to the conquest folder), I tough I had being luck to find a PTW mod:( .

But Thanks for your reply.

I had a friend download the balancer reloaded to a disk for me, he has high speed and I have dial-up. I placed it in the conquests scenarios folder and tried to play but it doesn't show up. What can I do to fix this. The type fo file says full.rar. Should it be something else? Please help.

Brenjen, .biq is the conquests file. If you want something for PTW you can try Kingpin's mod which you can get on my website.

michapr77, it sounds like the file is still compressed. You need to uncompress it into the Conquests\Scenarios folder. Download Winrar to decompress it.

Top Bottom