Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Please make sure that you know the answer to a question before you respond.

1) You don't need both, but they each address specific bugs. The 1.11 (dll) version is the most important, as the bugs it fixes are more critical in nature. The 1.02 (python) version isn't necessary, but it may improve your enjoyment.

2) Each .zip file contains instructions on where to place the files.

Bh

Fair enough, I did it. Now all I gotta do is figure out how the hell to install (where do I unzip to?) and run Pitboss along with figuring out if it will work with this patch.

Fair enough, I did it. Now all I gotta do is figure out how the hell to install (where do I unzip to?) and run Pitboss along with figuring out if it will work with this patch.
As per the readme file included in the .zip download.

Installation Instructions

This dll replaces the one located at "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"
It is recommended to backup your current dll file (renaming it will work fine) before installing this version. Simply copy the new
version into the same folder, making sure the game isn't currently running. After that, simply play the game!

The source code for the changes is also included in a separate folder (SDK Source). If you are not a modder, you do not need those
files. There is no need to extract them from the zip file.

As far as testing to see if it works goes, with over 9000 downloads, I think it works. ;)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before.
When I liberate cities (colonies) my vessels will be teleported
to the next friendly city instead of staying in the liberated city.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before.
When I liberate cities (colonies) my vessels will be teleported
to the next friendly city instead of staying in the liberated city.

Yeah, I mentioned something about this a while back (and posted a saved file).

It slows the game if you have to work around this issue. In my case the vessels weren't teleported to other cities, but to a neutral sea area. If there were any units loaded on them they went too.

I found that if I simply moved the vessels out of the city being made a colony, they stayed where they were, and I could move them back in after liberation. It was, as I say, a work around... It's a shame if it mucks up someone's game plan if they are unaware of the work around. It certainly breaks player expectations!

Yeah, I mentioned something about this a while back (and posted a saved file).

It slows the game if you have to work around this issue. In my case the vessels weren't teleported to other cities, but to a neutral sea area. If there were any units loaded on them they went too.

I found that if I simply moved the vessels out of the city being made a colony, they stayed where they were, and I could move them back in after liberation. It was, as I say, a work around... It's a shame if it mucks up someone's game plan if they are unaware of the work around. It certainly breaks player expectations!

So this is only a problem with ships only, correct? Otherwise there's some crazy circumstance with your example because I distinctly remember my land units staying put when forming a colony.

So this is only a problem with ships only, correct? Otherwise there's some crazy circumstance with your example because I distinctly remember my land units staying put when forming a colony.

Yep. It's only for ships. Land units all stay put. That's part of the oddness of this issue! Should any land units find themselves on board ship at the time of a colony being formed, they suddenly find themselves all at sea... :eek:

My guess is it's similar to another problem I fixed. Civ IV breaks up the game into a bunch of "areas", where an area is a collection of either land or water tiles. A test to see if two tiles are in the same area is if you can travel from one to the other without leaving land/water, whichever you started on (and you ignore impassable tiles like mountains).

Anyway, when you have a ship in a city, the city, because it's on land, is part of the "land" area. But of course ships aren't, generally, allowed to be on land areas. The other bug was when you had a ship in an a neutral Civ's city and they declared war - your ship would teleport to the closest city, instead of the closest neutral water tile. Since this sounds similar, I'm assuming it's related.

Bh

I installed the dll and now my game crashes. I renamed the original so now I can bring it back to where it was. Any clue as to why the new dll would crash the game for me and not for others?

I am using the CvGameCoreDLLpatch-v1.11.zip file to patch the game. Now I changed back to the original dll and the game crashes with a different error. :mad:

I am using the CvGameCoreDLLpatch-v1.11.zip file to patch the game. Now I changed back to the original dll and the game crashes with a different error. :mad:

What ori meant was that you need to download and install the "official" 3.13 patch before installing Bhruic's unofficial patch. You cannot install Bhruic's patch if you're still running the official Firaxis versions 3.02 or 3.03. Try installing 3.13 first, THEN Bhruic's patch and see if that makes a difference.

My guess is it's similar to another problem I fixed. Civ IV breaks up the game into a bunch of "areas", where an area is a collection of either land or water tiles. A test to see if two tiles are in the same area is if you can travel from one to the other without leaving land/water, whichever you started on (and you ignore impassable tiles like mountains).

Anyway, when you have a ship in a city, the city, because it's on land, is part of the "land" area. But of course ships aren't, generally, allowed to be on land areas. The other bug was when you had a ship in an a neutral Civ's city and they declared war - your ship would teleport to the closest city, instead of the closest neutral water tile. Since this sounds similar, I'm assuming it's related.

Bh

I see... the good news is, therefore, that it may not be too hard to fix...

Bh

Maybe this has to do with how the city transitions? First, your city. Then, blank land tile. Then another civ's city. Since the land tile is the 2nd stage, it automatically boots out all naval units?

The patch works like a charm, if you RTFI! Get your game patched up to 3.13, download the patch and take the easy way out (I did) and use the installer option.:D

Top Bottom