Info on Next Patch

May I just say-in relation to the quoted stuff above-*totally awesome*! I know I've been a harsh critic of the game to date, but these changes alone *prove* that the developers accept where they went wrong, & are doing their best to make amends-for which I thank them :)!

You Sir, just took these words from my mouth!

I'm once again pleased to see that the true community efforts aren't in vain. Many changes aimed by mods are on that list, and my requests for more feedback on diplomacy so we can know what-tha-hell-is-goin-on weren't in vain.

Now I'm waiting for that very accurate ETA from Greg.:king:

I see nothing about the AI building airforces. :(

You don't see anything about units there, air or otherwise. I think we could see some of that later or perhaps in a future patch.

These are all good (and badly needed) changes. I'm definitely amused by the complete about-face from the designers on the subject of diplomacy; after all those endless pre-release interviews about how diplomacy was going to be a "mystery" and a "surprise", they're essentially admitting that the whole idea was a mistake. Well, kudos to them for admitting that they were wrong, and taking steps to correct the problem. :goodjob: Of course, just being able to see AI attitudes won't solve anything if they still act like insane psychopaths, so this is still somewhat of a wait and see topic, but well done nonetheless.

However, this patch doesn't contain anything in the way of gameplay fixes, and thus won't solve any of the enormous problems involving city states, infinite city sprawl, tile improvements/resource yields, runaway horsemen, or production/research imbalances. Nor does it fix the broken Multiplayer. I remain skeptical that these things are ever going to be solved through patching, instead of requiring some kind of expansion.

Hopefully these AI improvements will prove meaningful. It's easy to claim the AI is better, another thing to see actual, tangible improvement. We shall see. :)

I have a little dissapointed because AI airforce seriously need to be tweak but not in patch note. It should even be fixed at first priority.

Or I have to wait some info update?

Looks good. Two more things I'd like to see addressed are the offensive AI, and AI in multiplayer.

Gameplay balance adjustments for city states, ICS, horsemen and such aren't a big deal since we can fix those with the tools we have available (and these were already solved weeks ago).

Firaxis is clearly prioritizing things that require access to the source code.

I`m disapointed in this patch. They are listening to peoples`complaints. I don`t want the never ending rant threads to end....:(

I have a little dissapointed because AI airforce seriously need to be tweak but not in patch note. It should even be fixed at first priority.

Or I have to wait some info update?

Why does a very late game unit have to be the first priority in a game where the AI doesn't know how to use the very basic units?

It's possible that more things add to that list, same as the last one. Let's wait and see if more tweaking will come, but fixing use of air units definitly isn't a priority in a game with so much basic problems.

...still no hotseat... i really want to play with a friend...

Everyone that tried to play multiplayer encountered even more problems and weird AI behavior than in the single player. So it probably won't be a hotseat patch until they also address the multiplayer problem that the game has right now. But consider this: the multiplayer modes concieved from the beggining of development doesn't work. So why rush a multiplayer mode that wasn't even planned to be released? Let them work so we can get a full functioning feature this time.

The problem is that though we can see what the AI thinks of us in the coming patch, we can't see what the AI think of each other, and/or if they are willing to go to war with X AI at Point Y. Also, it seems AI will remain hilariously aggressive/suicidal in the coming patch.

Wonder what those "custom leader responses" are, or how the denunciation works...

And yes, research overflow, AI aircraft use and 1upt use should be priority for next patch, along with Hotseat and multiplayer improvements. And possibly fix bugged Steam achievements and release the core cod and further mod improvements. Long ways to go yet before CiV is fully playable....

Why does a very late game unit have to be the first priority in a game where the AI doesn't know how to use the very basic units?

Don't even talk about making a decent AI if they don't know how to adapt all game features, air combat is one of them. Now I never saw AI build plane except some specific civilization. If they fix this, it will improve modern warfare experience for sure and I believe it not too hard to fix.

and you're right, even a basic unit still have serious problem ex. beserker rush arhcer.

The patch look good but i feel they just look over something under thier nose.

Anyway, looking forward info update.

The game still needs a major rehaul before it will prove fun and enjoyable with the majority of Civ fans, myself included.

City States and AI urgently need to be revamped. I still don't consider this to be an actual Civ game, because from what I seen playing, it's anything but that.

Where's my button to tell Caesar I see his bleeping troops massing my border and it's going to be a knock down. Honestly, any canned response from the AI should be a communication option for the Human to select and convey the same message to the AI as the AI is trying to display to us.

I emphatically agree. Taking a diplo hit just because you don't want to be ganked is pretty lame.

Research overflow not applying MUST make it into the next patch. The devs have no excuses unless they really don't even play their own game.

Graphs should have never been cut, but I can live without them.

I emphatically agree. Taking a diplo hit just because you don't want to be ganked is pretty lame.

Research overflow not applying MUST make it into the next patch. The devs have no excuses unless they really don't even play their own game.

Graphs should have never been cut, but I can live without them.

At this rate they will need at least five patches before the game is rendered playable.

* Added info tooltip for an AI leader's mood. Lists things that are making an AI player happy/upset.

Well what do you know, they have caved in and are dumbing down the diplomacy. Hope the whingers are happy.

The problem is that though we can see what the AI thinks of us in the coming patch, we can't see what the AI think of each other, and/or if they are willing to go to war with X AI at Point Y.

Public "declarations" should give a helpful clue.

Also, it seems AI will remain hilariously aggressive/suicidal in the coming patch.

The info released by 2k Greg was a outline of the changes coming with the patch, so there's not really enough information available to draw any definite conclusions. Hopefully they've made significant progress!

I`m disapointed in this patch. They are listening to peoples`complaints. I don`t want the never ending rant threads to end....

The CIV community has high expectations. I am glad that the designers understand that we are passionate about the franchise. I speak for myself when I say that I think this game is going to be very much a work in progress. And so I expected the designers would be listening.

I accept the reality of a work in progress because, partly that's what I've come to expect I guess, but mostly because I have so much faith in the CIV community -- players, modders, & designers et al. As long as the community stays active and designers keep listening, this game will evolve, and hopefully grow into something that exceeds all expectations!

I try to stay realistic, as what to expect from this patch. :)

SO, on diplo front, the changes may be great, IF actual AI action also become "normailzed",
so no more stupid agression and upset behaviour and no illogical loops and moves..
Or, at least, waaay less ;)

OK, the next big thing: AI in tactical combat:

The following would make me satisfied, somewhat :)

- AI does not push ranged and weak units to the front line to be massacred by enemy
- AI does not embark when enemy range units and naval units are in sight or have been seen in last turn... also to be massacred...
(OK, even simply "in sight" would be an improvement)
- AI withdraws redlined damaged units from the front
(and perhaps replaces them with stronger ones - or am I asking too much?)
- AI uses air force

I stop here, as I said, I try to be realistic ;)

Those are good fixes that are planned. I am missing two:
  1. Fixed bug that crashes the game on loading certain save-files.
  2. Open borders doesn't automatically expire, forcing your units out of their land, but allows people to cancel >X turns.

Top Bottom