Final Fixes Reborn

The Age of Ice challenge doesn't seem to be working with this mod. Is this a known issue?

What are you talking about? :confused:

"age of ice" has 392 occurrences in the mod but it's all lore.

One assumes he's talking about the End of Winter game option, where the map starts out frozen and gradually heats up?

Ranged Combat doesn't seem to work on units that aren't archers or fort commanders - notably this means that most units can't use Zarcaz's Bow but still gain the ranged strength and range that indicates they could. It also impacts the Mekara, as the Sluga from their worldspell (and possibly Ascendants) can't use their ranged attack.

Ascendants should not be a problem. What you're describing seems to indicate that units without innate ranged attack can't get one, and they do have an innate one. And given the limited options for turning Melee (the UnitCombat Sluga get from the world spell) into ranged units, I don't think the Mekara will suffer much. Unless someone has changed them even more than I thought while I wasn't looking.

Still, it is an issue for other civs - I think the Austrin had some Gear promotion that gives non-ranged units a ranged attack, for instance. Unfortunately I have no idea where that stuff is handled, or what could be done about it.

Yes, I did mean the 'End of Winter' option. The game wasn't open at the time (and I was doing a reinstall, so couldn't open it and check). I'd meant to go back and correct myself later, but forgot.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get the Erebus Continents mapscript to produce the initially cold world with Final Fixes installed, it just resulted in a normal (warm) world. I deleted my folder and reinstalled vanilla RifE and it worked fine.

Hi, I played RiFE a lot some year ago and just restarted playing it last week using the latest version of final fix reborn.

The game is now more balanced and stable than before but it seem that there's less different event than before. (random event and lair result) Some were probably removed for balancing issue but it may be an bug

I'm bringing this up because sometime when I click the explore lair ability the game simply ignore me and I have to give the order again. Also I played four 200~500 turn game with different civ and setting and never got the caerbannog event or the flesh golem event, 2 event that I had in almost every game before.

and thanks for keeping this thing alive

P.-S: If the flesh golem is still there and if the mechanics didn't changed (sacrificing unit to give it promotion) you should probably reduce his attack power since 6 seem too much for a "free" unit that can get almost every promotion in the game. (not a problem anymore since the event seem very less frequent)

addition: the jotnar module have an ID conflicting with UNIT_ARTSTYLE_RADIANT () and make the game crash. Even if they are probably still umbalanced it would be nice to be able to add them.

edit: The flesh golem and caerbannog event probably work fine.

confirmed: explore lair ability have a minor bug. Clicking it sometime do nothing.

Hi, I played RiFE a lot some year ago and just restarted playing it last week using the latest version of final fix reborn.

The game is now more balanced and stable than before but it seem that there's less different event than before. (random event and lair result) Some were probably removed for balancing issue but it may be an bug

I'm bringing this up because sometime when I click the explore lair ability the game simply ignore me and I have to give the order again. Also I played four 200~500 turn game with different civ and setting and never got the caerbannog event or the flesh golem event, 2 event that I had in almost every game before.

and thanks for keeping this thing alive

P.-S: If the flesh golem is still there and if the mechanics didn't changed (sacrificing unit to give it promotion) you should probably reduce his attack power since 6 seem too much for a "free" unit that can get almost every promotion in the game.

P.P.-S: the jotnar module have an ID conflicting with UNIT_ARTSTYLE_RADIANT () and make the game crash. Even if they are probably still umbalanced it would be nice to be able to add them.

Welcome back to the mod :D

I don't know if Ronkhar made any changes to how lair mechanics work, as far as I could tell. When you click explore lair, does it use up that units "explore" for the turn?

Yes, I did mean the 'End of Winter' option. The game wasn't open at the time (and I was doing a reinstall, so couldn't open it and check). I'd meant to go back and correct myself later, but forgot.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get the Erebus Continents mapscript to produce the initially cold world with Final Fixes installed, it just resulted in a normal (warm) world. I deleted my folder and reinstalled vanilla RifE and it worked fine.

Did you try it a few times? I imagine that if smart climate were enabled, it might effect the End of Winter option.

I just played an End of Winter game today and the feature worked, although it was on Erebus World. For my game though, my civilization (luckily?) discovered a mind mana node under my capitol... surely a nice bug in this case. :lol:

Welcome back to the mod :D

I don't know if Ronkhar made any changes to how lair mechanics work, as far as I could tell. When you click explore lair, does it use up that units "explore" for the turn?

No. I see the button being clicked but it just do nothing. I guess I'm the only one with this "bug". Right ?

Bug:. In multiplayer, a player allied with the lanun can build a pirate cove but it diseapear on the following turn. the quick fix would probably be to remove the build pirate cove from normal fishing ship (since lanun use fishing fleet). Ideally the build pirate cove should be removed from seafaring and put only on the fleet. Also I'd like to be able to build them for my teammate like the Khazad can do for other race with their dwarven mine. Probably would have to rewrite a lot of code for a little fix nobody will care about... except me, maybe... one day.

keep up the good work!

edit:
error: The mercurian hero Basium is adding +5 to the armagedon counter, probably wasn't intended that way (pedia info)

pedia: The Sheaim's duskbringer have the disciple description (ingame, not in the pedia)

pedia: The pax diabolis pedia page is very incomplete. This ritual have the potentiel to screw your game if you don't know what you are doing.

Pedia:Civilization with a trait or a spell that have the same name as a promotion or a unit link them to the wrong pedia entry.
Archos and Doviello - Feral
Hippus - Warcry and horselord
Illians - Stasis and winterborn
Ljosalfar - Dexterous
Cualu and Mazalt - Lizardman
Mechanos - Steamworks
Sheaim - Sundered
Sidar - Shade
Svartalfar - Sinister

The explore lair bug is due to a missing iValue -= (*it).second; in CvPlayer::doLair.
Spoiler Code for Ronkhar :
It should be
Code:
		for (std::vector< std::pair<GoodyTypes, int> >::iterator it = aePossibleGoodyWeights.begin(); it != aePossibleGoodyWeights.end(); ++it)
		{
			eGoody = (*it).first;
			if (iValue < (*it).second)
			{
				receiveGoody(pPlot, eGoody, pUnit);
				return eGoody;
			}
			iValue -= (*it).second;
		}

Basium adding to the armageddon counter is a FfH mechanic and intended. I can't remember the reasoning for it but it's supposed to be that way.

Basium adding to the armageddon counter is a FfH mechanic and intended. I can't remember the reasoning for it but it's supposed to be that way.
I remember reading somewhere that fall from heaven wasn't originally supposed to have "good" civilisation and Basium and his Mercurians are only 'good' in the sense that they fight demons.

I thought about it a few minutes and it can make sense since summoning the Mercurians is almost certain to bring war. Basium shtick is to kill good people to fuel his army to anihilate evil civilisation so the +5 to the armagedon counter is OK. but an explanation should be added to the wiki since it's strange.

here some more civilopedia error

Civilopedia minor error
- units starting with the letter a
Spoiler :
adeptus - The strategy entry is just saying adeptus
adjunct - Called Shadow in the strategy entry
adventurer - an unique unit with the special ability "replaced by aspirant"
agent - Called Assassin in the strategy entry
air elemental - Empty background entry
allosaur - Empty background entry
Angel of death*
aspirant - "...it also has a number of innate enhancement, determined by Iram's trait" adding the list would be nice
attack falcon - Can be built by any civilisation, no prerequise. Called Rock raven's in the strategy entry
auric ascended - No background entry, would be easy to copy auric ulvin background
awakened - "new city" ability isn't linked to anything

*Angel of death should have the reaper promotion as mentionned in it strategy
The reaper promotion should be created and/or added to the pedia

I'll check the unit starting with b next time

I remember reading somewhere that fall from heaven wasn't originally supposed to have "good" civilisation and Basium and his Mercurians are only 'good' in the sense that they fight demons.

I thought about it a few minutes and it can make sense since summoning the Mercurians is almost certain to bring war. Basium shtick is to kill good people to fuel his army to anihilate evil civilisation so the +5 to the armagedon counter is OK. but an explanation should be added to the wiki since it's strange.

Actually the armagedon counter measures the count down to armeagedon (aka End Times) and Basium is all about armagedon.

Wow, I just read again all 213 posts, to check I had gathered all useful info in the bug spreadsheet.
And unsurprisingly, I had forgotten a lot.
So huge thanks to all of you, bug finders. I love you \o/ (at least until I realized we've found bug #239 :D)

Quick news:
I continue spending a good part of my free time on this mod, solving problems when I know how, and learning programming when I don't know yet.

Next version will arrive shortly, on sourceforge (should help the guy(s) who had problems with google https)
I changed a few things with events (new game option to show or hide blocked answers, more python code for triggers, to avoid those annoying "continue", new template for TXT_KEY, ...) and have 35 of them to check and fix before I give you the next release.

See you soon
Ronkhar

Found a bug.

doSignMulcarnNew and doSignBhallNew both CTD because of getNaturalClimate(). I had the End of Winter game option enabled, so it might be related to that.

Here is the line...

Code:
iClimate = pPlot.getNaturalClimate()

I have a feeling that there are other game effects which are changing the plot, but not setting a Climate. When these two events try to get the climate for that plot, it errors.

A temporary fix would be disabling the two events in the MoreEvents module.

A more permanent solution might be to force a default climate if it finds that one is not present?

See picture.

With Python Exceptions reporting, every game I start gets the following Value Error, the log should be able to explain it.

- ODC

Attachments

• 8800_2013-09-14_00001.jpg
    8800_2013-09-14_00001.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 191
Grr. It's probably another side effect of the only big problem I tried to solve when I began Final Fixes Reborn (aka bug 64) and didn't know yet the existence of the Civ API, that we modders can't read or modify (which lead to a few regressions)

Quick reminder:
It was really difficult to understand all cold-related code since words were used without any logical template, for example:

Code:
<TerrainInfo> <!-- Tundra -->
<TerrainClass>TERRAINCLASS_SNOW</TerrainClass>
<Type>TERRAIN_SNOW</Type> ----------------------------> "Snow" (FoxTools.py)
<Description>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_TUNDRA</Description> -----> no string at all
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_ICE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
--> the string has no info, just placeholder
(CIV4GameText_pedia_strategy.xml)
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_SNOW</ArtDefineTag>

I tried to put a new template in place :
lvl 1 is taiga (climate boreal)
lvl 2 is tundra (climate frost)
lvl 3 is glacier (climate glacial)

But some of the code (the Civ API) is hidden and uses some hardcoded words/function names and bam, problems :(

doSignMulcarnNew and doSignBhallNew both CTD because of getNaturalClimate(). I had the End of Winter game option enabled, so it might be related to that.

Ok. I will try a complete game with End of Winter to get the bug too.

python error "TERRAIN_SNOW unknown"

1) Thanks, your screenshot helps a lot. (I never got this problem, nor 3 of my friends who play the mod too)
I added you to instant messenging (google talk). So when you have time, we can try to find the cause. (and/or I hurry to finish new mod version to see if it still happens.)
In the meantime, I'll read the code backwards in file Cvflavourinterface to see if I understand.

2) Just to be sure, when you say python exceptions reporting, you mean the following option
Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini said:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

I tried to put a new template in place :
lvl 1 is taiga (climate boreal)
lvl 2 is tundra (climate frost)
lvl 3 is glacier (climate glacial)

I've always understood that the basic terrains were hardcoded. I think that's why the original FFH2 just changed the TXT_KEY and left the Type in place. I'm sure there will be all sorts of minor problems ;). You may be able to add the new terrains, but simply not use or reference the old terrain_snow.

2) Just to be sure, when you say python exceptions reporting, you mean the following option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

And yes, that option in the .ini file. I also enabled all the debugging logs, which are extremely useful.

Bug - Barnaxus doesn't receive Mobility I if led by Gimil

Fix:

Code:
		<PromotionInfo>		<!-- Mobility I - Craftmaster -->
			<Type>PROMOTION_MOBILITY3</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_MOBILITY1</Description>
			<PrereqPromotionANDs>
				<PrereqPromotionAND>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_GOLEM</PromotionType>
					<iPrereqApplications>1</iPrereqApplications>
				</PrereqPromotionAND>
			</PrereqPromotionANDs>
[B]			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
					<iMaxApplications>0</iMaxApplications>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>[/B]
			<bAutoAcquire>1</bAutoAcquire>
			<bNoXP>1</bNoXP>
			<PrereqbAllowNULLUnitCombat>1</PrereqbAllowNULLUnitCombat>
			<PrereqTraits>
				<PrereqTrait>TRAIT_CRAFTMASTER</PrereqTrait>
			</PrereqTraits>
			<iMovesChange>1</iMovesChange>
			<bValidate>1</bValidate>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Mobility1.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions_Atlas.dds,5,4</Button>
		</PromotionInfo>

Reason - Barnaxus has the Melee Unit Combat, but Golem Mobility is only applied to units without a Unit Combat.

An equally effective and harmless fix would be:
Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>

<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_DISCIPLE</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_RECON</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_COMMANDER</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>

Why add all of the above? Who am I to think that maybe someday a high level Barnaxus won't trigger an event and which allows him to choose his own Unit Combat?

New Bug - Unit Combat's already have access to Mobility I and the description for the Craftmaster granted Mobility I are the same :crazyeye: which would be sorta odd

Fix - Just change the description for the Craftmaster granted Mobility I to something unambiguous... "Craftmaster Mobility"

Bug: Tuatha Dé Danann (great prophet) have no image

Bug: Pirate cove (lanun) disapear if built in enemy territory but is still considered there for other pirate cove placement

Bug: If Loki (balseraph) take a city twice (new city, stealed by Loky, invaded by barbarian, reconquered by original owner and restolen by Loki) the culture go down to -2 and -2 is apparently max culture. The problem was resolved when I stole it a 3rd time.

Bug: Recieved High to low achievement instead of one city challenge

Incomplete: all great healer have no name

Idea: In custom game, choosing a civilisation should restrict the leader choice, for easier pick

Error: D'tesh ability "remove from city" is saying add one population to the city instead of substract. work as intended

Missing: Hall of fame didn't record finish date

Missing: Angel of death should have the reaper promotion as mentionned in its strategy

Missing: The reaper promotion should be created and/or added to the pedia

Top Bottom