Final Fixes Reborn

I apologize if this already has been handled, but ive noticed that barbarians will sometimes summon ogre warchiefs at game start. Is thier a fix for this?

I've been playing a game on the latest SVN, 259, (default modules) as the Mekara, with Iram as the leader, and I haven't been getting any aspirants. Have the mechanics of that been changed? I know there have been a few changes to the Mekara, which is why I was playing them, but I don't remember seeing anything about that.

I can't seem to progress past this point, perhaps someone can take a look at my save file and help me out? Thanks.

Im using the latest SVN.

Attachments

• George Turn_0035.CivBeyondSwordSave
    225.8 KB · Views: 44
I've been playing a game on the latest SVN, 259, (default modules) as the Mekara, with Iram as the leader, and I haven't been getting any aspirants. Have the mechanics of that been changed? I know there have been a few changes to the Mekara, which is why I was playing them, but I don't remember seeing anything about that.

Hi,
I just looked at the code.
There is indeed the unit aspirant in the code (UU mekara of the adventurer) which has no tech prerequisite nor a build cost.
But there is some python code that should make them spawn under certain conditions. (similar to grigori adventurer, archos spiders/scorpions, doviello animals, I think)
An Iram is supposed to get a bonus to the spawn chance.

The function doChanceAspirantSpawn may have an indentation problem.
I'll compare it to RifE 1.4 code to check if something was changed since then.

Do you see the spawn counter ingame?

Hi,
I just looked at the code.
There is indeed the unit aspirant in the code (UU mekara of the adventurer) which has no tech prerequisite nor a build cost.
But there is some python code that should make them spawn under certain conditions. (similar to grigori adventurer, archos spiders/scorpions, doviello animals, I think)
An Iram is supposed to get a bonus to the spawn chance.

The function doChanceAspirantSpawn may have an indentation problem.
I'll compare it to RifE 1.4 code to check if something was changed since then.

Do you see the spawn counter ingame?

Possibly... I've never taken note of it before. If it's the number in the top right, below the civic, religion, etc buttons, then yes. It is a 0, on turn 371. (This is a different game than the previous one, SVN 260, otherwise the same, still no aspirants)

Hello,

I always thought that Dimensions 3 spell is a little bit boring, especially when you can build Obsidian Gates.
So I suggest such idea: the spell will summon "Dimensional Gate" unit that will enable airlift(teleport) from/to its plot. I even have made up some CPP and XML code for it, but I can't test it cause of problems with SDK installing. Here is what I've done.

Attachments

• dimention mod.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 33
Had to register just to thank you for still working on this mod-mod-modmod(-mod?), Ronkhar.
By now I have probably spent more time playing Erebus than all of the Civ I-V base games combined, hundreds and hundreds of hours, and I keep coming back for more.
I'm very glad that there's still someone tinkering away

On a slightly selfish note *cough* as I've been playing about half my time as Mazatl, is there still a chance for a second leader down the line? Fell in love with them years ago, and both organized and defender are somewhat lacking in impact. From what I've read about their background they're made out to be skirmishers defending out in the field rather than the type to sit behind walls all day.
Their civic granting bonuses to towns when there's almost never a reason to build any cottages thanks to the jungle and marsh boni has also always looked rather strange to me, but I'll take the massive happiness bonus even if it wears a funny hat.

They'll likely get at least one emergent leader at some point. possibilities include but aren't limited to a War-oriented/Wyvern Order leader bent to fight to fight the end of days wherever and whenever, A Religious Leader focused on disciple units and the two specific religious things they get and A Leader focused on Trade.

Now that's good news. I think I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great people slash religion one. A mix of their disciples hopped up on Lunnotar experience boni and Rune dwarves has made for some formidable offensive capabilities already - as long as one manages to get the holy city, that is.

That would be great, thank you!
One more question, I saw several Humanist trait levels in xml code commented. Is there a chance for Iram Damar become an emergent leader?

Bug spreadsheet, tab "Emergent Leaders", line 62-64 :)
He's not in the priority list (aka bold+underlined leaders) but he will come one day.

I recently reinstalled AoE after building a new computer. Everthing works like charm. Except... all small icons seem to be missing for me. You know, mana symbols in the top left, health/unhealth, happiness/unhappiness, all gone. Even the icons in the various leader descriptions are missing (and some lines appear in bold). I remember having this problem last time too but for the life of me I can not remember how I fixed it.

I tried search for it but either I phrased it differently last time or I didn't post about it. I'm running this off of a steam istallation (v 3.19, original release enabled). Does anyone know what causes this and more importantly, how to fix it?

Tried thus far:
- Verifying integrity of local files
- Unistalling/reinstalling AoE and Civ4
- Installing FFH2 and FF (just as a test, the problem did not persist there but did when I tried installing Rife 1.4)
- Banging head against desk repeatedly.

I can't figure this out, help me civcanatics, you're my only hope.

Incidently if you select original release on the Beyond the Sword-installation you get Application Load Errors.

EDIT: For clarity: http://imgur.com/a/UPmly

Bug report:
Win10 x64; DVD version; svn 280
i5-2400; Q67; 12 GB RAM; Radeon HD7750; memtest reports no errors

Problem: crash to desktop
I frequently experience crashes to desktop. Some are while setting up a single player custom game, probably during map generation. Some turn up during gameplay. Most of the time I play marathon on huge maps.

Loading this save file crashes the game: link I'm quite certain the file itself is not corrupt.

Edit:
Reinstalling game and mod does not change this behavior.

Edit2:
Using steam version instead of DVD version the above save loads sometimes. But not always. Reloading it after a successful load always crashes the game.

I recently reinstalled AoE after building a new computer. Everthing works like charm. Except... all small icons seem to be missing for me. You know, mana symbols in the top left, health/unhealth, happiness/unhappiness, all gone.
Same here. But it's limited to the steam version. Works in DVD version.

Top Bottom