How's the AI in MP?

Arksa

Warlord
We have a group of 3-4 players at the moment ready to civ. Do you guys think that with 3 players it's worth adding AIs to the game or just play 1v1v1?

How does AI do in MP? Can you interact with them like in singleplayer?

You can talk to THEM, but they won't initiate dialogue with you unless you mod the game. The mod in question is Active AI in Multiplayer, and requires all players to use a custom launcher because mods aren't allowed in multiplayer by standard.

If you know how to disguise ur mod as a DLC using MPMPM, it's just commenting out a couple lines in the DLL that goes

Code:
if (!bIsMultiplayer)
{
... initiate dialogue
}

If you know how to disguise ur mod as a DLC using MPMPM, it's just commenting out a couple lines in the DLL that goes

Code:
if (!bIsMultiplayer)
{
... initiate dialogue
}

Huh. I haven't done any DLL modding yet, maybe I need to start. It's my pet peeve with MP.

Most of the relevant code (for diplomacy logic, at least) is located in file CvDiplomacyAI.cpp and CvDiplomacyRequest.cpp; and do a Find-All search for

Code:
isNetworkMultiplayerGame()

Note that there are some other checks buried around in the other files as well (i.e. if you kill an AI, the multiplayer check for whether the whine-screen shows up is located in CvPlayer.cpp at CvPlayer::CheckForMurder).

I wouldn't play MP with AI's. They are really dumb and very easy to exploit, steal from and kill. No human is going to give you 10 gold per turn for a luxury or let you pillage all of their tiles and then make peace or give you 2000 gold for a peace deal or let you steal their workers and then make peace or not make units while in the middle of a war etc...

I wouldn't play MP with AI's. They are really dumb and very easy to exploit, steal from and kill. No human is going to give you 10 gold per turn for a luxury or let you pillage all of their tiles and then make peace or give you 2000 gold for a peace deal or let you steal their workers and then make peace or not make units while in the middle of a war etc...

Well, that's what their vast bonuses are all about - making up for their dumbness.

Of course, if you have seven or so MP buddies who are all good sports and take their turns quickly then I could see not needing the AI. Of course, the minute anyone quits you're playing with an AI, aren't you?

Well, that's what their vast bonuses are all about - making up for their dumbness.

Of course, if you have seven or so MP buddies who are all good sports and take their turns quickly then I could see not needing the AI. Of course, the minute anyone quits you're playing with an AI, aren't you?

Yes, when some one leaves you are playing with an AI but I would never start a game with the intention of having an AI. I would rather play 3FFA than 4 - 6 with 3 humans only.

Yes, when some one leaves you are playing with an AI but I would never start a game with the intention of having an AI. I would rather play 3FFA than 4 - 6 with 3 humans only.

I would rather play 8 players with the non-human spaces taken up by AIs. Just bashing militaries against each other constantly gets old after a couple of games.

Hi everyone, i am having a problem.
The thing is that i am playing with mod manager on & with active ai aswell, but ai still NEVER trade or something with me.

It is a bug or i just missunderstood what Active ai is doing? Thanks for the answers.

Ps : I am playing in turn by turn, maybe it work only with simultaneous play?
Ps2: sorry for my english :lol:

Moderator Action: "AI in MP, need help" merged with "How's the AI in MP"

@S4CH4, the answer to your question is likely to be above you in this merged thread. If not, some of these posters can probably help.

You can.. Ais in multiplayer act similar to single player in a way since you can denounce, get diplomatic penalties, etc. like you do in single player.

Top Bottom