Problem I have with the World Congress

Isn't there *some* sort of pattern though? Like Host election comes up every second session or something like that? I could've sworn there was, even if there isn't a visual cue.

Isn't there *some* sort of pattern though? Like Host election comes up every second session or something like that? I could've sworn there was, even if there isn't a visual cue.

I thought the host election comes when the WC advances to the next era.

It happens when a majority of Civs progress to the next era. But how are you supposed to know when that's going to happen? Two or three Civs could tech up in the same round and make that happen.

The problem with the vote is you have no reliable way to prepare for it except to always be in control of a ton of citystates...which isn't possible for a lot of Civs without the AI's bonuses.

One time Brazil voted for me as the host, cinching the position for me. It about floored me when it happened, because I didn't think they ever voted for other civs. I had a huge pile of diplomatic bonuses with Brazil, and had helped put them in the host position for a previous Congress.

I have to agree with the OP. The host vote comes with absolutely no notice. And there's no way to convince the AI to vote for anyone but itself - even when doing that will ensure its most hated foe will gain the host seat.

The host vote as it comes up now is: whoever has the most city-state allies RIGHT THIS SECOND wins! Wooo! :hammer2:

...that's not strategy. That's a random event.

Oh wow! I read this here but it didn't sink in (until I just realized it in-game) that the delegate counts are fixed for each "session" of the WC/UN. So it really is an arbitrary snapshot of some particular unpredictable turn!

And even worse, I was counter-attacking the Ottomans (who declared war on me after conquering Greece and Brazil). The WC just became the UN, and I'm close to having enough delegates to win the diplomatic vote, so I thought, "oh maybe I'll liberate a Brazillian city so I'll have their delegates!" Yea... all ZERO of their delegates!

The tooltip is not clear to me; does the host of the UN ever change, or once the WC becomes the UN is that the "last session", and changing city-state alliances will never change the delegate counts after that turn? (There are still some ways to change delegate counts that I'm aware of: the top-of-tree tech that gives delegates for Diplomats, the resolutions establishing World Ideology and World Religion, and votes for world leader giving the top two finishers extra votes).

Top Bottom