Germany Beelining Science

Resipsa

King
Played an interesting game last last night Immortal/Standard/Pangea where I beelined NC, and then Universities. The danger with doing this type of thing on high levels with other civs is that barbarians/AI will overrun your civ because you don't have access to archery or other military tech for sometime.

But with the AU of Germany I was able to steal multiple workers from Catherine and Casmir, clear several camps and ruins to buy a settler around t50 and because of their ability get 1 additional warrior (CS gift for clearing camp, pledge to protect), 3 Hand-Ax barbarians and 2 Archers all by around the t60 mark; I took a small city that Catherine dropped in the exact spot where I wanted my third and city around the t60 mark and then went to proceeded to farm XP while I finished NC.

I feel like this is a worthy Honor type build that I kind of screwed up in the execution 1) by going Shrine/Library before Granary in Berlin, it stifled my growth far too much and put me behind and 2) taking the opener for Tradition instead of simply plowing through Honor, 3 Culture in your capital would amount to 115-124 culture by t60 (maybe a little more if you hit a culture ruin) but that doesn't cover the incremental cost of the policies passed that point.

I'm going to make those changes by going granary earlier and forgoing the point in Tradition. Any critiques on this sort of BO? Scout, Monument, Shrine/Granary (depending on game), Library, Oracle, NC? Obviously with this approach you steal multiple workers from the AI, Pillage and generally just harrass.

Just started a new game through t30 and its way too risky too many variables; I didn't gain a new warrior with my first two camps and I'm not getting enough units to clear camps.

Top Bottom