GMR Cultural warlords

Not worried about Brazil. Taking my lands will only drag him down and make him unhappy. Istanbul could perhaps be useful to him, but then why give it to me? Paris? Meh, he already have enough food trades for his cap.

He intends to use me for his dirty work and as long as it suits my interests, I'm fine with that.

Put yourself on the highest bidder and betray Brazil to repeat the history:rolleyes:

Brazil is a civ designated for purely culture game. But Spain grabbed our jungles and the Ottomans wanted our lands, so we had to fight Spain and the Ottomans for the very survival of our nation.
Now We don't intend to conquer France, Poland or any other country, because Brazil have gained more than enough lands for peaceful development.
Emperor Pedro of Brazil is eager to trade copper and crabs, and sign RAs with anyone except the current tech leader, which is Poland.

Why, please tell my why, did Spain leave the game without enchancing its religion?! :sad:

No religion here...I'm counting on Ethiopia to spread (more)cathedrals for me :)

Don't really know what religious tenants EEE picked but Islam is spreading through my lands. Enhanced if I remember correctly.

A religion with no founder. Fair, equal.
I don't get the founder for holding Istanbul right? Shouldn't.

Wow. I just found Ragusa up in the lands of endless winter. So far off grid I was the first to find them. :hmm:

Two civilizations have already entered the Modern Era! The first civ has been Poland, while the second civ - Brazil, thanks to generosity of polish engineers who invented Radio! :p :lol:
Poland has chosen Freedom ideology, while Brazil - Autocracy.

Poland has still been leading in tourism and science.

The second meeting of World Congress will be held in two turns. We believe that Art Funding will be beneficial for development of all civs.

Art funding yes.

Question: Why the little wall of text in the first screen is in english and not in russian?

Stealing techs is bad, you know...my cultural pressure will absorb you!

And...why Autocracy? :think: Should i be alerted by that?

Btw. Took Scholars in Residence before I knew it could be abused. Do we still vote on it or should we ban it?

Art funding yes.
Question: Why the little wall of text in the first screen is in english and not in russian?
I believe that this text appeared after some patch, so it was omitted by the russian company which is responsible for localization and translation of the game interface into Russian.

And...why Autocracy? :think: Should i be alerted by that?
Autocracy is also good for Culture Victory. I would pefer adopting Freedom, but didn't want to lose one SP.

Took Scholars in Residence before I knew it could be abused. Do we still vote on it or should we ban it?
I think that if every participant agrees, we can ban this resolution. However, I hope that players will refuse from abusing it, if the resolution passes.

Looking for players to join as subs for France and Ethiopia:
http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#8190

Spoiler :

There are six civs left in the game, among them two obvious leaders - Poland and Brazil. Poland is the strongest civ in science and tourism generation, while Brazil is unmatched at other demographic indicators. Both civs have already entered Modern Era, while the rest are still in Renaissance.

France
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I believe that France can be ranked as the third powerhouse, because it has five cities and numorous world wonders, such as Stonehedge, Colossus, Petra, Alhambra and Notre Dame.
Previously France allied with Brazil to conquer both cities of the Ottoman Empire.
Now the French can peacefully develop and prosper, because they have agreed on Eternal Peace with Brazil, so they don't feel jeapordized from much stronger neighbour.
However, Islamic missionaries, who can be hired in Istambul, are able to convert barbarians into french colours (Heathen Conversion belief). So this civ can be considered as potential warmonger in future.
France has adopted all Tradition tree and three social policies from Rationalism.

Ethiopia
Spoiler :

Ethiopia owns three cities, from which only the capital is well developed. It hasn't constructed any world wonders and adopted 5 policies from Tradition and three policies from Piety. So it doesn't have good chances for the ultimate victory as France does.

Some pics with my comments ;) from the most recent turn (151) of the game.

Spoiler :

Poland has become the strongest civilization in military ranking by adopting Volunteer Army tenet, but lost leadership in teching. Brazil is unmatched in other demography indicators.

Spoiler :

After building hotels, Poland's tourism yield raised significantly.

Spoiler :

At the moment Poland is the closest civ to Cultural victory.

PS Thank you Poland for sharing with us the secret of Refrigeration. :p

PS Thank you Poland for sharing with us the secret of Refrigeration. :p

No problem! Otherwise that would have been too easy for me to win :rolleyes:

PS: can you revert the turn for me? I can't connect to gmr for some reason. Turn is indicated for gertadam(Ethiopia) when i load my turn.

No problem! Otherwise that would have been too easy for me to win :rolleyes:

PS: can you revert the turn for me? I can't connect to gmr for some reason. Turn is indicated for gertadam(Ethiopia) when i load my turn.
reverted back to banman.
If it doesn't help, please let me know. Then we will have to revert to your previous turn.

Reichschancellor Pedro realized that his country was not able to oppose polish tourism pressure peacefully, so he chose the way of war. Brazil DoWed Poland! :borg:

Spoiler :

Reichschancellor Pedro ordered to build numerous huge multi gun ships in order to invade the polish coastline.

Spoiler :

Oil production was attacked by saboteurs in Florence allied to Poland.

Spoiler :

Two oil fields were also sabotaged in Prague the ally of Poland.

We believe that currently the polish military has lost access to oil resources, that won't let Poland train some types of modern units.

It's time for the great deeds that may alter dramatically the history of our world! :cool:

That's some powerful stats you got here...it gonna be hard to stop you :)

Lol, that reminds me something in other games, playing with human player is so annoying :p

Lol, that reminds me something in other games, playing with human player is so annoying :p

Not mentionning the cs steal trick...:blush:

Top Bottom