The Civ Atlas: BNW Civs, City-States and Wonders on maps

The labels are still missing for Genoa and Monaco
Also for Florence and Milan

Part of me wants to see the Civs map altered to where each civ includes numbered points for where each city on its list is so we can see exactly where their borders of influence are in terms of the game's own named boundaries.

But I realize this would be a MAJOR pain to do what with the extensive research and multiple civs having long-lost cities with ambiguous names (the Shoshone capital seems to only be referenced in a handful of places), and with the density of city sites in Europe, and with that gigantic overlapping storm in the Middle East that could only be solved by using copious amounts of insets.

And then I'd probably demand there be city-states incorporated into that same map. It would be a preposterously huge image.

Part of me wants to see the Civs map altered to where each civ includes numbered points for where each city on its list is so we can see exactly where their borders of influence are in terms of the game's own named boundaries.

But I realize this would be a MAJOR pain to do what with the extensive research and multiple civs having long-lost cities with ambiguous names (the Shoshone capital seems to only be referenced in a handful of places), and with the density of city sites in Europe, and with that gigantic overlapping storm in the Middle East that could only be solved by using copious amounts of insets.

And then I'd probably demand there be city-states incorporated into that same map. It would be a preposterously huge image.

Well... get on it then.

I figured out the location of the the Shoshone capital, Moson Kahni. According to the Shoshone's website, it's located near Franklin and Preston, Idaho.

http://www.nwbshoshone-nsn.gov/culture/history/diet.htm

Thanks. I used the location of their second city because I had absolutely no luck with their first city. That's relatively easy to move.

Louis XXIV, you forgot to label Genoa and Monaco.

And Milan and Florence. Damn there are too many European city-states. It's actually really difficult to fit them all in. I'm already using a smaller font for City-States in the European sub-map.

Here's a Google Earth map with pins on all the capitals and city states in the game. Tell me if I missed any or ways I can improve it.

Preview:
Spoiler :

There are some inconsistencies here and there - like having Paris and London, and not France and England.
Also, using different colors for civilizations and City-States would help differentiate them (along side other things).

But in general, good work! :)

There are some inconsistencies here and there - like having Paris and London, and not France and England.
Also, using different colors for civilizations and City-States would help differentiate them (along side other things).

But in general, good work! :)

Let's try this then. Anymore suggestions.

Attachments

• Civ5.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 133
First of all, very nice maps. My question is concerning the World Wonders map. You have the Soviet statue "The Motherland Calls" in Russia....to my knowledge this wonder is only available via mods...am I mistaken??

You missed LAKE VICTORIA, KILIMANJARO and the other BNW Natural Wonder that slips my mind at the minute.

King Solomon's Mines, although I don't think that one was ever more than a legend. It's somewhere in Africa as well, supposedly.

Great maps, buddy. Great maps.

By the way, is there any Mod for a real world map where the civs start in their original positions in BNW?

Thanks

Ok, I just included Ife in the CS map and assembled all Wonders (world, national, natural, projects) into a single map. The layout is still a nightmare, though.

I believe they're finished. If there are typos and mistakes, please let me know.

Thank you all, have fun in BNW ;)

Top Bottom