StockNES

Nice update :)

from California
To Cascadia

Would you be interested in a partnership in developing your oil assets? The Republic would like to import Cascadian oil . We are ready to provide manufactured goods (IP) in exchange.
And now that you are a democratic state would you like any assistance in reinforcing your institutions?
Depending on how things evolve, we could consider forging a alliance with you. ;)

To everyone
cc: Credit transaction

The Republic is searching for funds to borrow in order to finance its development programs. anyone willing to lend EP?

Upcoming Governor elections might lead to a change of government

The upcoming elections in May 2201 will prove to be a bitter contest. Since 2193 decade, the Social-Democrat party, constituted by the alliance of the Communist and Liberal parties has detained an absolute majority in Parliament of almost 60 percent. But with the recent disputes within the coalition government, it is widely feared that the Social-Democrat party will implode.

Effectively, the Liberals have often criticized the interventionism of the government in the economy, while the Communists have pointed out the lack of any real state welfare program.

The Social-Democrats must also face the growing threat of the Environmentalist Party, that widely fears the ecological consequences of Social-Democrat development programs and of the Republican- Unionist party that promotes a more aggressive foreign policy and overly vies for the re-unification of the USA.

Shepard has retaliated by presenting a three-step development program:
1. Reinforce the nation's economy by promoting a series of industrial projects such a s the Hoover dam; this step has already been started
2. Build a new telecommunications and transport network and encourage private entrepreneurship and international trade
3. Create a new State Welfare comprising retirement and medical care funds drawn from taxes.
With this program the Social-democrats hope to conciliate the Liberal and Communist desires in order to maintain its majority.

To: World
CC: Belgium

The government of the English Trade Federation would like to formally announce a guarantee of the independence and sovereignty of Belgium. With the ongoing crisis in France, and the past designs on Belgium by neighbouring powers, Belgians can rest assured that the English will see their sovereignty maintained.

Well, I said I wanted out of Ethiopia to get where the action was. Can't get much more action than in France.

Adelante, La Plata! La Revolución es ahora!

Argentina, I have returned​

From the Celtic Union, Norway
To Bavaria

We'll allow our universities to freely enter into relations with those of Bavaria and the Bavarian government.

From Germany
To Bavaria

We appreciate the peaceful gesture, but will decline any special technocratic relationship.

From Czechia
To Bavaria

At this time we will decline your invitation to joining the Technocratic Ecumene.

From Spain, Catalonia
To Bavaria

Your lucky, not enlightened, we'll fare well on our own.

From Algeria, Egypt
To Bavaria

Is 'technocratic' the new word for fascism? We're only familiar with Italian 'technocrats.'

--

@ Grandkhan: the communists hold the coast, but the only vessels travelling the Pacific are a few Californian destroyers and New Zealand trade ships. ICly, you are only vaguely aware of what is happening in South America, as very little contact has occurred between there and China. I'd believe you might send an exploratory party to establish diplomatic ties, but certainly not a fleet of bullion to a country you've never sent a diplomat to before.

From Bavaria
To Germany

Let's do some cultural programs, though. It's so nice to be able to speak a civilized tongue with a foreigner.

To England, Belgium

Munich continues to uphold Belgian independence, as we've done since its reformation as a state decades ago.

To Algeria, Egypt

We hope one day you'll be able to move past your colonial pasts and embrace the future.

I think I will join as the Sao Paulo Communists.

OOC: JoanK and Azale have been recognized for the WFSP and France.

From Belgium
To Bavaria
CC England

More protection is nice, so we accept English guarantees on top of existing Bavarian guarantees.

From Germany
To Bavaria

Seems harmless enough, we would be happy organizing German cultural festivals or something to occur simultaneously. If you've any interesting ideas we'll go along with them.

@ Mr. Lothar: welcome to NESing, you've been recognized as king of Czechia. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the NES or NESing in general :)

The Philosophy of the Vostok Republic and the Spirit of the People
Delivered in Vladivostok by Mikhail Ivanovich​

Gentlemen and ladies gathered here before me, I stand before you a humble man. I am but a simple writer in our great nation of the east, standing here under the banners of our united peoples, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Manchu, all of them united together since the dark days of old. Here, we are standing united, standing strong, standing proud against the world, having built our society from the ground up and securing our borders, our homes, and our prosperity through our actions. And yet, internally we are divided amongst each other along petty lines, the petty lines of worker against worker, ethnicity against ethnicity, until the rabble and the horde clash with each other in the streets and seek to break the other apart upon the concrete. We cannot abide by such a thing if we as a nation are to remain and stand the test of time before us. We cannot be willing to accept such heresy, such divisive actions from those that do not accept the cultures of one another in our nation, for we are all one people.

My blood is red gentlemen, and although my skin is white, I would be proud to name myself a brother to the Manchus, the Koreans, and the Chinese that share our borders with us. They are as much of a part of our nation as we are, for their blood is red and they toil beside us, and work to promote the greatness of our nation. Shall we cast them aside, out from the homes that we brought into our domain that were originally their own? Shall we try to turn them aside because we, as a people, believe that we are superior? No, we shall not! Any man that believes himself superior to another based upon the blurred cultural lines that we all share is no man that should live in the Far Eastern Republic! That is the man that we should cast aside and remove from our homes and our businesses, because he incites violence and hatred, he incites division and disunity amongst the peoples once they are united, all because he thinks that he can set aside those based upon such outdated concepts such as borders and racial ideologies of superiority and separation!

Indeed, people of the Far Eastern Republic, we must remain united internally lest we be torn apart externally! Weakness within will be the ruin of us if we allow it to happen! We must cast aside all doubts, all beliefs, and unite even further, and make sure that our peoples do not turn against one another, but instead stride together, step in step, to make a better world for ourselves and our children!

Gentlemen, we must unite!

In the month following the speech, leaflets were distributed on a daily basis, and Ivanovich issued more speeches via radio to the entire nation, heard by over sixty percent of the nation during the height of his performance.

To: The Celtic Union
CC: Bavaria

The English Trade Federation would like to make a public bid, offering to commit a sum of 3 EP towards the construction of the the North Sea offshore drilling platforms.

To: California

We would be happy to work out an oil-exportation deal with you.

And for now, (while we are thankful for the offer) we are capable of handling our own internal affairs. Though, should we prove unable to anytime in the future, we'll make sure that you are among our first calls.

From Bavaria
To England, Celtic Union

We increase our bid to match the English, on top of previous investments and our involvement in getting this project off the ground.

Spoiler Don't Try It, Ophorian :
South German Confederation (Shadowbound): Munich
Technocratic Dictatorship: Bundeskanzler (Technocratic)
Industrial Points: 68 (+8)
Economic Points: 3/0/0 (+8)

Credit Rating: 4%
Stability: 9
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions, 6 Artillery Divisions
Military Grade: 2/0/0

English Trade Federation (Ophorian): London
Liberal Republic: Imperial Board (Conservative)
Industrial Points: 46 (+6)
Economic Points: 1/0/0 (+5)

Credit Rating: 10%
Stability: 6
Army: 6 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Division, 4 Artillery Divisions
Navy: 15 Destroyers, 4 Submarines, 1 Battleship
Military Grade: 3/5/0

England, you have your own continental shelf. Go develop that.

Order deadline within the next 48 hours.

Note on Scottish investment, the Celts will take the highest bidder's offer and reject the lower one, because right to first refusal is not share-able. The highest offer is the patron who's investment over the entire span of the project is the highest.

Can I join as Germany? I'd love to get some European middle power politics going.

Actually, I'd like to switch from Cascadia to Hungary, please.

@ TaylorFlame:
Sure thing! You may find it useful to send a message at Ophorian (England) about your foreign policy situation in Europe, as the Republic of Germany has prior commitments, but welcome aboard :)

@ TLK:
You've been recognized as chairman of Hungary.

Top Bottom