Unlockable civs

Swein Forkbeard

Nintendo Fan
While I don't think this idea might make it in, it would definetely be a good idea. Because console games never get expansion packs, other civilizations such as Carthage and the Netherlands should be hidden at start and as you play, you may earn them. To recap, here's the list of civs in Civilization Revolution with their leaders.

Africa/Shaka Zulu
America/Abraham Lincoln
Arabia/Saladin
Aztec/Montezuma II
China/Mao Tse-Tung
Egypt/Cleopatra VII
England/Elizabeth I
France/Napoleon I
Germany/Otto von Bismarck
Greece/Alexander III
India/Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Japan/Tokugawa Ieyasu
Mongolia/Genghis Khan Temujin
Rome/Gaius Julius Caesar
Russia/Catherine II
Spain/Isabella I of Castille

Ummm... Where's Persia?

Yes, it's the full list of civs.

Honestly, WHERE IS PERSIA?:mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad:

If there is no Persia, then Alexander shouldn't be the Greek leader.

But please discuss my idea here.

I like the idea of unlocking civs very much. But, I imagine time is an issue at this point. It might be more likely to convince them of adding unlock-able leaders.

Is it at all possible to load assets on a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii and use them with a game? If so, updating CivRev in the future could be possible. Couldn't it?

Is it at all possible to load assets on a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii and use them with a game? If so, updating CivRev in the future could be possible. Couldn't it?

Perfectly possible, though I'm not sure if any Wii game has implemented downloadable content yet.

While I understand it would be really hard, Civ veterans who pick up a version of the game would miss some civilizations like Persia, Babylon, Scandinavia, etc and they would like to at least play as them. And there could be a special threshold you reach in order to be awarded with that civilization.

Anyway, what civilizations do you think should have been in? I don't think Babylon because most kids have never heard of them, and Arabia already represents them in Civilization Revolution.

Anyway, what civilizations do you think should have been in?

Persia - with the little Iranian situation in the world, sure to raise sales. And plus, who doesn't remember... WE DINE IN HELL TONIGHT!!!!! or THIS IS... SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scandinavia - stereotypical horned helms are surely part of pop culture, no?

Vietnam - we're PHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Zululand/Mali/Songhai/Ethiopia/Swahili/Nubia/Any Other Decent African Civ: Better than the African civ, no?

Native Americans (either as one big group like in BtS, or as the Sioux/Iroqouis): Well-known to your average 9 year old

Incas: Not well known, but they live in mountains.

Well, a lot of the choices above can acceptably be left out thuogh, with the exception of Persia and possibly the N.A.

I like the idea of unlockable civs. Then you actually have a reason for playing it again and again so you can unlock one.:lol: ;)

Just FYI: Shaka is now the leader of the ZULU Civ. ;)

(See, they *do* listen to us. :D)

Great, just great. Now kids will go "WTF! Who ARE the Zulu?!" What's worse is that thanks to this, the entire purpose of the National Geography Bee is going to go down big time due to including such an obscure tribe as a playable nation in a kids' game.:nuke:

Great, just great. Now kids will go "WTF! Who ARE the Zulu?!" What's worse is that thanks to this, the entire purpose of the National Geography Bee is going to go down big time due to including such an obscure tribe as a playable nation in a kids' game.:nuke:

Trust me, they'll figure out who the Zulu are soon enough. Or at least, I did..... right after Shaka nuked me! :nuke: :cry: :help: :gripe: :dubious: :aargh: [pissed] :badcomp:

Where did you get that list? I can't tell if it's official or not.

Oh, and they probably will add in Persia, just not now. The game's still in production, remember? The final version is gonna be different from the beta, and with luck, Persia included!

Yah, grumble grumble, where's Hitl...

j/K!~ lol.

I nominate George W. Bush... to replace Dan Quayle as bottom rank!

Trust me, a LOT of people have the internet. They could just look it up there.
And they can't be too poor, if you're rich enough to get one of the consoles and then also the game, I think you'd probably have the internet also.
Just my opinion;)

Unlockable Civs would be a good idea---in my opinion anyway

I agree. They should put the lesser known civs as unlockable.

Or maybe the other way around.

I think you should start with England and the crap civs, then bigger and better ones, e.g the vikings....wait a minute, The vikings aren't in DAMN YOU SID MEIER MIER MEIR...um i forgot how to spell his name and also the people at Fararararara..um...chis???? OH FIRAXIS!!! thats it. We'll thats ALL for The Yorkshire show, stay tuned on Civilization Fanatics forums for more.
p.s. don't forget to read my signature, it gets updated every 2 days/or 3/or 4/ or 5..........or a year/or 2 years......or a century/or 2 century......or a millenium or...well you get the picture anyway READ MY DAMN SIGNATURE!!!...because if you dont!!!

That is simply hilarious.

Trust me, a LOT of people have the internet. They could just look it up there.
And they can't be too poor, if you're rich enough to get one of the consoles and then also the game, I think you'd probably have the internet also.
Just my opinion;)

Last time I checked, less than 50% of all Americans have Internet access.

Just FYI: Shaka is now the leader of the ZULU Civ. ;)

(See, they *do* listen to us. :D)

I'm still angry, as Civ4 players didn't get Zululand in the game until the first exp pack. Persia, or better, the Sioux should have been in instead.

Don't ban me for spamming!

Top Bottom