AI is autistic when it comes to Peace Treaties

Skeetfairy

Chieftain
I was about to end my game with only one city and no military units whatsoever when I decided to fool around and declare war on all other eleven Civs in the game. This is on Pangaea Plus, Huge, Standard, Emperor settings playing as Spain and it was around turn 170. After like five turns, about half of the Civs started offering me peace treaties where they would be giving me 5-10 GPT which is just ridiculous considering I had no military units or extra cities and a paltry 30 strength capital. Has anyone else ever seen something like this before?

I've seen the AI concede more than they should, and accept a flat peace deal when they also shouldn't, but I've never seen it to that extent.

I had one like that playing Rome. It was on the Europe map, and I got lucky with my placement start (somewhere around where Germany is). I managed to expand all the way west into France. The only competing civ in that direction was in Spain, so I had almost the whole area to myself. I had built 14 cities, and my empire was stretched to its limits. I had a bit of an army, but most of it was out of date. One unit in each city, and half a dozen mobile units for clearing out barbarian camps.

The civ in Britain was doing religious conversions and refusing to stop, so i declared war in order to take out 4 missionaries. My navy was non-existant and I had no way to safely reach his lands, even if I had the units needed for an invasion.

Not only did the AI ask for peace, he gave me one of his cities. Without ever getting in range to attack one of his cities. I was also playing rather peacefully. That brief war was the only war I declared in my whole game. I ended up winning through tourism.

Well once I was playing Civ and I got from Persia (AI) to you want to declare war on America (AI) as I accepted despite not being anywhere near America about 10 turns later he asked me for peace and he gave me 5 Iron, 10GPT, 4 Horses and Philadelphia yet I never saw a single unit from him.

I've had a few times where I have been DOW'd by two civs at once and one of them never sent a single unit against me.

However, like 10 or so turns later they offered me a peace deal that included luxuries and gold. Weird but I'll take it.

and for every crazy peace deal, you get a civ that will not give peace even after taking their capitol and demolishing their army...

Top Bottom