Native American Civ Poll

Which Native American civ would you want next?

• Total voters
all cultures of the world have merits to be included, there are only two reasons to not include civilizations:

1-lack of info and sources about the civ
2-lack of interest of community (and usually this one, is product of the first)

Surprised the very famous and influential Utes have zero votes. I wonder if that has anything to do with the somewhat geographic overlap with the Shoshone

I know this post was made a while ago, but I have to say, I have never heard of the Utes. And I consider myself more knowledgable about Natives than the average joe.

I know this post was made a while ago, but I have to say, I have never heard of the Utes. And I consider myself more knowledgable about Natives than the average joe.

At least where I live, next to Pueblo they are one of the most famous Native American tribes in the West

Very deep history of foreign relations (both good and bad) with outsiders

And their cultural prowess still resonates today

I wonder how many of the civs listed in the poll the devs actually considered when choosing the last NA civ. Obviously the considered some of the big ones like the Cherokee, Navajo, and Sioux, but I wonder if they even considered tribes like the Seminole or the Yanomami.

With the Cherokee, at least, they'd have a marketing civ and a historically significant tribe. The Cherokee are the largest tribe in the US (Navajo is second?), had significant impact with European settlers and early American wars (with the last as an independent nation being the Civil War), suffered a genocide (the Trail of Tears), and developed its own unique writing system.

Yeah, and we know from interviews that they at least considered the Sioux, but if they wanted a peaceful Native American civ, I wonder how many tribes they actually considered. The real question though, is what characteristics look for when creating a Native American civ? They have to be different than other civs required characteristics, because they're so different from most people in a certain sense. So, acknowledging the difference between more traditional civs and native civs, you sort of have to wonder how different the devs logic is in deciding what becomes most civs, vs. what becomes a NA civ.

Oh, Caral is Norte Chico. That, I've heard of, though, yeah, Caral is probably a better sounding name.
With no warfare, they'd probably get a unique civilian unit, but then they'd need an awesome ua and ui/ub. Unfortunately, we really don't know much about them. And they're really close to the inca geographically.

Just check the natives they putted in colonization:
-Apache
-Arawak
-Cherokee
-Tupi
and the most obvious choices, Iroquois, Aztecs, Sioux and Incas...but it's interesting that they didn't thought in Mayas or Pueblo...

Could you describe them for us? I've heard of the Chimu, but I onow nothing about them, and I've never even heard of the Purhepecha.

Chimu, were an ancient civilization of the peruvian coast, one of the most advanced in the Americas, skilled fishers, and masters of metal working, and with a very unique architecture

I don't know too much about Purepechas, just that they were great rivals of the Aztecs, and they had their own ball game, it's like some kind of hockey with a ball on fire...

Yeah, I found that out later. I think I posted that too, or at least I meant to. Either way, they both have zero votes, which is a little funny. Where did you get the Popé icon? I've seen some people with custom leader icons, and I was wondering how you get them.

Top Bottom