Shoshone missing ruins?

HiroProtagonist

Chieftain
I ran across this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=508640 over on the strategies and tips forum. The salt start sounded interesting but Emperor is a bit above my pay grade so I opened the saved map , selected the save map option and exited to the main menu. i then started a new game, selected the new map from map types, selected King difficulty and changed from standard speed to epic. No other changes. The map opens without any issues and after 3 or 4 restarts I spawn at the salt starting location depicted in the thread. The only problem is that I can't find any ruins, which kind of defeats the whole point of the Shoshone UA. I didn't search the whole map, but I searched enough that I should have found at least one or two ruins. Can changing the difficulty and speed on a same game wipe out the ruins?

The only problem is that I can't find any ruins, which kind of defeats the whole point of the Shoshone UA. I didn't search the whole map, but I searched enough that I should have found at least one or two ruins. Can changing the difficulty and speed on a same game wipe out the ruins?
When you save a map of any kind from a game, Basically it would never have a Ancient Ruins(that's what i observed on my saved maps, I'm fun of Restarting my games and saving the maps which i like). well you could just edit it with IGE or world builder, then you could spawn as many ancient ruins as you want. Sounds like cheating though.

I ran across this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=508640 over on the strategies and tips forum. The salt start sounded interesting but Emperor is a bit above my pay grade so I opened the saved map , selected the save map option and exited to the main menu. i then started a new game, selected the new map from map types, selected King difficulty and changed from standard speed to epic. No other changes. The map opens without any issues and after 3 or 4 restarts I spawn at the salt starting location depicted in the thread. The only problem is that I can't find any ruins, which kind of defeats the whole point of the Shoshone UA. I didn't search the whole map, but I searched enough that I should have found at least one or two ruins. Can changing the difficulty and speed on a same game wipe out the ruins?

I would go for it even though you usually play at lower difficulty, the start is ridiculous so it's a good way to get an 'easy' introduction to Emperor =)

A saved map (and any other Worldbuilder map) doesn't have any ruins. Either you place some manually or you activate the option "Randomize Goodies".

I would go for it even though you usually play at lower difficulty, the start is ridiculous so it's a good way to get an 'easy' introduction to Emperor =)

I'm giving the map a go as you suggested. Given the strength of the start Emperor is not proving to be much more of a challenge than King.

Top Bottom