Random Warhammer Art

Fantastic looking skaven, the council is pleased with your work and will recall its assassins... for now :D

check THIS out, some fabulous new city sets art that i would love for the warhammer mod. theres are links to screenshots lower down the thread. im downloading it now and will be taking a look at it to see how difficult itll be to tranfer them across.

check THIS out, some fabulous new city sets art that i would love for the warhammer mod. theres are links to screenshots lower down the thread. im downloading it now and will be taking a look at it to see how difficult itll be to tranfer them across.

I like the Infernal art especially would be cool for dark elves.

BTW I've heard it helps hugely cut down on mod loading times if as much of the art as possible is packed into a single FPK file, rather than using separate artfiles for every unit etc. (this may be partly why the old mod was so slow to load.) I found an FPK packer link below, I think Firaxis also released an official one though I can't find it online atm. Probably only worth trying once we've got most of the artfiles finalized, but I've heard this really helps with loading and most mods put most of their graphics in a single FPK.

http://planetcivilization.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Apps.Detail&id=1

EDIT: Maybe we can adapt the Spice terrain feature from the Dune Wars mod for Shifting Sands graphics; it looks great without using too much graphics power, and can be used as a Feature placed over existing terrains so we wouldn't need to worry about changing the terrain type (which makes the old terrain impossible to uncover if the Sands leave.) If desired tiles with the Shifting Sands feature could have a small % chance per turn of permanently becoming Desert terrain, then they would be lost forever. The Sandstorm graphic & sound from Dune are also pretty nifty; with weirder colors this could be modified as a Winds of Chaos feature for when the Chaos counter is high; capable of shifting terraintypes gradually toward their Chaos Waste equivalent form (incrementing the PlotCounter as already implemented in FfH/FF).

Maybe we can adapt the Spice terrain feature from the Dune Wars mod for Shifting Sands graphics

Just as long as it isn't cinnamon-colored :)

I'd suggest checking out the Dunewars mod, I've done a lot of design work for them too.

The sandstorm thing they have? Its still kinda problematic; it still "ghosts" because they have to replay the animation every time it moves.

I don't think the sandstorm effect would work very well as a shifting sands effect; it would cover everything up, it isn't a map feature, it displays *over* units and other objects.
Which doesn't work well for something that we expect to be covering the ground.
It only works on 1 tile at a time really, the icon is way too big to be used for lots of tiles at once, and its an atmospheric effect rather than a ground level effect.

Also, this graphic is apparently pulled from the Gods of Old where there is some kind of disaster spell effect; they just took a shorter segment of that animation so it plays on a ~1 second loop.

Found something that may work as button art for Witchelves...

Attachments

• Druchii Witchelves.jpg
    Druchii Witchelves.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 170
Nice buttons, er button.

Seriously, this guy's work is good enough, and the buttons small enough i'd doubt people would realize they were miniatures and not paintings.

Righteous. More buttons. :cool: Make sure that dude gets a line in the credits, so we don't get sued. :lol: Excellent art!

Oh hey, we are going to be using full color art only or will b&w be useful too?

Hi - I am also a big fan of this mod :goodjob:

I just got in mind if you want to use painted miniatures for button art please take a look at this link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com

Just search for a unit type e.g. khorne and you will find heaps of proper pics. Especially the background of most of the pics is done very well.

Hi - I am also a big fan of this mod :goodjob:

I just got in mind if you want to use painted miniatures for button art please take a look at this link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com

Just search for a unit type e.g. khorne and you will find heaps of proper pics. Especially the background of most of the pics is done very well.

Wow, you are right this is an awesome site. Heh I searched Khorne and found a bloodletter skull f, well skull licking a dude.

Hell, we might even be able to steal some of the other models for button art. That "Avatars of War" art on the main page might be useful. I'm sure it could work for something. TBH, almost anything on any of these links could be used for something.

Edit: Oooh! You're right. Those Khorne models are frickin nice.

Top Bottom