AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

dale,

it seems to me that cannons have been nerfed too much. granted in vanilla it was way overpowered for taking cities, but now i find cannon useless for anything except taking down colony defense. that makes the promotions for attacking cities not worth much of much, especially against veteran soldiers.

is there any way there could be a compromise? for example, +25% cannon city attack AND benefit from CITY defense (no defense modifier out in the open).

You need to build some coastal fortresses and position your cannons in them. They're useful, just need to alter the tactics surrounding them. ;)

hmmm. I dont have a choice. The mods folder in the 'Programfiles\2kgames ......' directory is just a sortcut to the 'My Docs' Mod folder.

Wounder if UK version installs different to US version.. MEH, your mod works great for me Keep up the great work

Just create your own mods folder. Delete the shortcut if need be.

I bought mine from the UK...

D:\Games\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII

D:\Games\Colonization II folder is where you installed.

If you are confused unistall C4C, and re-install to a manually selected path (somewhere you know where it is...).

dale,

You need to build some coastal fortresses and position your cannons in them. They're useful, just need to alter the tactics surrounding them.

does being in a coastal fortress influence anything? i don't think they take advantage of colony defense (either fort or percent levels) right now, so i find AI dragoons slaugthering my cannons.

Dale,

Do you have an ETA for 1.10? Not trying to rush you just want to know if I should start a new game with 1.09b or wait a couple days for 1.10.

Nah, start a game. Due to work stuff 1.10 is still at least a week off.

I just installed this mod in game folder, game is up-to-date (Steam version), with BlueMarble . But no unit appears in game, I can only move them, and video of world discover is crappy...
Mod was downloaded twice, so it doesn't seem to be corrupted...

What's wrong ? Thanks for your work and help ;)

EDIT: BTW, vanilla doesn't work any longer too, although there was no problem yesterday evening. Bah... => reinstall

Hi gorguth. BlueMarble may cause some problems. I don't know if it's working for anyone else.

Note: you MUST patch Civ4 Col with the official Firaxis 1.01f patch (which I believe will break BlueMarble) for AoD2 to work. :)

Hi gorguth. BlueMarble may cause some problems. I don't know if it's working for anyone else.

Note: you MUST patch Civ4 Col with the official Firaxis 1.01f patch (which I believe will break BlueMarble) for AoD2 to work. :)

Thanks Dale, I don't know what happened, I deleted mod in game folder and folder in My Documents, but it didn't work too.
So reinstall saved me, now it's OK.
Let's play :goodjob:

Hey! Downloaded it, started it, seems to be working fine, except My King (portuguese) came up to me and had nothing to say (He should have been offering to move my treasure), and I had no way to respond. I hit escape, and was able to return to the game. Have I missed a patch DL somewhere?

UPDATE: Noone says anything, And I can't respond

Also curious on the ETA for 1.10, but I'll settle for a link to the test/beta version that, I THINK, has been circulated around that I just can't find.

AlexandrJJ, the testversion is on post number ten in the "Changes for v1.10" thread.
Would have linked to it, but I am newbie at such magical things :)

Top Bottom