[MAP] Small Americas Map for Age of Further Discovery

Stacmon

Explorer
Hello everyone,

A while back I decided to try to create a map for Age of Further Discovery that was smaller and lent itself better to the kind of play that interested me. I find the world map currently packaged with the Mod great but so large that there is sometimes very little incentive for interaction between the different colonies. I also felt that it forced on the player a massive and difficult to manage empire if they wanted to cover the territory historically owned by their power (consider for example New France)

This map was considerably smaller and I put a fair bit of time into it. I deliberately set fixed starting positions for the other Europeans by creating initial cities in historically appropriate locations (because I really enjoy playing as New France/Samuel de Champlain, they have the standard start with colonists and one ship). I also placed the native cities in more or less appropriate places (I hate having Inca in the Arctic!) I was very happy with the way the map turned out and wanted to share it with the rest of the community in case someone could improve on it further.

Unfortunately, I'm far from an expert. The map keeps crashing shortly after the start and I have no idea what the cause might be or how to find it. In case someone else out there was interested in a smaller "Americas" map, I thought I'd share it and I welcome you all to look into what the source of the problem might be so that it can be corrected and a working version of the map could be shared.

Thanks to anyone that makes an effort!

Attachments

• Americas Small.rar
    15.1 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom