To the true civ fanatics out there

CrossTheRiver

Chieftain
I know I know, the game is Eff'd all to hell for some of us. But it's ok, let's take a deep breathe and help those working to get the problems situated.

Instead of complaing I bought a new Video Card. Cost me 185 dollars for one the highest rated GeForce 6600 Cards. so civ cost me 230 dollars :lol:
(old card was a 9550 ati agp 256 POS)

Anyways, if we are to call ourselves fans of the series we gotta stop the bickering.

Who's with me?

I think once these roll out issues are dealt with and people get it working on their systems, they will be happy with the game. I know I am.

So nobody is with me.

I've suddenly lost faith in this community.:(

I'm with you. I ran out and bought a $150 FX5500. So Civ was about $210 for me. Then again, I'm sure I'll play at least 210 hours over the life of this game, so $1/hour isn't such a bad deal....much better than a movie, concert, or even my monthly HBO subscription!

CrossTheRiver said:
So nobody is with me.

I've suddenly lost faith in this community.:(

I'm with you man, don't lose faith. ;) UPS is delivering my game tomorrow (freakin' Amazon), luckily it's actually in their tracking system now. I think that I will check my video card tonight and pick up a new one tomorrow on the way home just to be safe. If I don't need the card I can always return the thing.

I suspect that the reason there isn't a chorus of "Amens" to your suggestion is that for the people who have it working....well... they aren't reading on the forums, they are playing Civ4.

I suspect the vast majority of people here are 1) folks with the game but can't get it to run 2) folks with the game but are at work and can't post, and 3) folks who can post but haven't the game yet.

I think your point is right on the money, as is Warpstorms. In a few days, problems will be resolved and complaints/threats will lessen.

12Voltman said:
I'm with you man, don't lose faith. ;) UPS is delivering my game tomorrow (freakin' Amazon), luckily it's actually in their tracking system now. I think that I will check my video card tonight and pick up a new one tomorrow on the way home just to be safe. If I don't need the card I can always return the thing.

:)

Well, let's hope you don't need to buy a new card. For me, I needed to get a new card anyway. So all I needed was a good excuse to justfy it to the misses and blamo, here comes civ four and doesn't work. And the rest is history. Can't wait until Friday (when the card comes) to play.

warpstorm said:
I think once these roll out issues are dealt with and people get it working on their systems, they will be happy with the game. I know I am.
Indeed, apart from a few packaging mistakes - which can happen although they are a short displeasure for those affected - there is nothing wrong that a patch cannot fix.

I'm patiently looking forward to getting it delivered to my home :coffee: and then will :dance:

M.

CrossTheRiver said:
Can't wait until Friday (when the card comes) to play.

:beer: Here's to Friday and a full weekend of Civ bliss. Now I need to figure out a way to boot my wife off the PC. Her laptop is a boat anchor and she needs to get some work done (has already given me the warning).:nono: May be a costly weekend.

Sorry, not with you...because I got the graphics card before the game. ;) But yeah, coincidentally, I upgraded from 9800Pro to a 6600GT. I have some problems with random graphics glitches and dual screen problems, but overall it doesn't get in the way all that much. So, good luck to everyone out there getting it to work. =)

Give the state of the industry, when a game is released it's largely equivalent to a paid beta-test. There are scant few games that are released rock solid. In other words: it's the norm, not the exception, to have a glitchy/buggy game at release. What I don't understand is why so many people -- ostensibly long time gamers -- are freaking out about this? To be dissappointed is understandable, but these vitriol laden, emotionally charged complaints serve no purpose. It's like some of these folks are encountering their first buggy product -- which can't be true.

The problems will get fixed, it's just a matter of time.

Honestly, if you don't want to bother with bugs/glitches, then wait a couple months post-release before buying. That's what I do with most of my purchases, and I've yet to be dissappointed.

In a way, our friends in Europe should be thankful -- there will probably be a ptach available when they get it in their hands.

Agree with Volstag, i dont know how many games ive bought that didnt have 1.1 patches the day OF or the day after the release. Just the way PC games go nowdays.

It shouldnt be that way but if the consumer is still gonna buy the games at release with bugs than the companies will release them.

Top Bottom