Warhammer FB mod Teaser Pics and Call For Help

Ploeperpengel said:
Hope so, but just trying to figure out the basics with easier models now. currently working on a gobbo from the forum which just was green and nothing more to it. Would be a nice idea to have sevrall dif. models in a large bunch
to make'em appear more chaotic( at least da Boyz). Just figured out how to do this allthough I'm not exactly sure if it's still the same with your regiments?
it will work very easily, look at the entry in the unitinfo.xml for the settler family, and then amost last entries, where the models get defined. its just adding more different unitmeshes there (look at the siege engines (catapult) and what i did there with the crew. (in the regiments mod). the formations will work with it, just take some models and put different tentries (i mean like the settler family) to e.g. the swrdsman regiment... so you got some more units with axe, mace and so on there and then try around and be creative, by that way you will learn it way better (and i cant explain it better, because where i am right now i dont have access to all the files.)

And maybe you can teach me a bit? For ex. I didn't get where to change the color of the female settlers staff. In general any tip would be appreciated.
Problem as said above, but try following: if you cant find the part in a skin (sometimes they are really tiny (mostly with things like staffs )), then make a backup and split the skin up into different colored areas (for example left upper corner red, right upper corner green,....) and look which color the staff has on the model. then look into that area and try around a little more ;)
well, i could attach a skull to the staff, that would look nice i think ;)

to summarize if you have easier models on the to do list just ask but don't expect to much, could be you'll have to rework it afterwards:mischief:
But please ask cuz this is much more pleasened than just doing buttons:D
Well, look at the games workshop online page and then to the empire or dogs of war army miniatures
and look what attachements they got, so i can modify existing vanilla models with the attachements you made and then make a nice reskin fitting the miniatures on the foto (and, leaving an attachement or attaching only one and at another two, would give you the more chaotic look you wished ;) i personally was thinking about that too, i even wanted to have a standard bearer and a musician too!)

I will do the Empire Footsoldiers next, they dont really need modification (but could use some hats or feathers ;) ) and for the dogs of war, which will be tilean units and merceneries, i need some changes... look at them and then you will see what i mean. tell me if u found a thing you are cappable of doing ;)

Btw your skins look terrific!

Thanks ;) i try to stay close to the original i find at gw

i like his teeth (no fun ;) )
well, ok, skinning is not as easy as it looks, my advantage is photoshop ;) you can copy and paste things from other models, then modify them or simply study them to get a hang of how shadows and details are made.

but did u rescale the warrior with a 3d tool (by the way do you have 3ds max ?!???) or by modifiing the artdefines.xml???

seZereth said:
i like his teeth (no fun ;) )
well, ok, skinning is not as easy as it looks, my advantage is photoshop ;) you can copy and paste things from other models, then modify them or simply study them to get a hang of how shadows and details are made.

but did u rescale the warrior with a 3d tool (by the way do you have 3ds max ?!???) or by modifiing the artdefines.xml???

just modified whould like to have Max too:(

Ploeperpengel said:
just modified whould like to have Max too:(

ok, this changes alot. i thought you could supply me with 3d modelpieces. so i would suggest, you try skinning around and when you are at a certain level, we can cooperate (not that i want to tell you i am better or something ;) just more experience). try first implementing and rearranging things from other models, changing color, fit them in where you want them, cut them apart, paint over them, add here and there something, and later you will see, that you will get a clue of how to make a skin look more like a skin. plane colors dont work.
Important is the contrast, i hope gimp has a brushtool, with which you can highlight or darken areas. and a "scratch-finger" with which you can... well in german its "schmieren"... ;) you better look that up.

well and get that sceneviewer in the 3dsmax tools download (sticky in main c&c forum), and the tutorial[url]
then you can open your models and test your skin without having to open civ all the time (well, noticed that yesterday... so please dont waste your time like i did before!)

oh

seZereth said:
ok, this changes alot. i thought you could supply me with 3d modelpieces. so i would suggest, you try skinning around and when you are at a certain level, we can cooperate (not that i want to tell you i am better or something ;) just more experience). try first implementing and rearranging things from other models, changing color, fit them in where you want them, cut them apart, paint over them, add here and there something, and later you will see, that you will get a clue of how to make a skin look more like a skin. plane colors dont work.
Important is the contrast, i hope gimp has a brushtool, with which you can highlight or darken areas. and a "scratch-finger" with which you can... well in german its "schmieren"... ;) you better look that up.

well and get that sceneviewer in the 3dsmax tools download (sticky in main c&c forum), and the tutorial[url]
then you can open your models and test your skin without having to open civ all the time (well, noticed that yesterday... so please dont waste your time like i did before!)

oh

Guter Tip, das letzte nervt mich inbesondere schon ne ganze Weile. Ich lebe übrigens in Berlin;)

Ok im having a little trouble sending you the actual old leaderheads files but heres an old preview pic and i'll do my best to name them all in order left to right.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/WFM_Leaderheads.jpg

Karl-Franz of the Empire, Someone of somewhere, someone of somewhere, Zoltan of Kislev, Borgio of Tilea, someone of Estalia, someone of Norsca, someone of Albion, Vlad von Carstein (sp?) of Sylvania, someone of Ind, Nagash of Khemri (i think its Nagash not sure), someone (her name eludes me) of Lahmia, someone of Araby (Araby and Ind may be confused), someone of Kurgan, someone of Ungols, Wu of Cathay, Takagura of Nippon, Gotrek of the Dwarves, Caledor of the High Elves (though maybe Tyrion is a better choice :p), Malekith of the Dark Elves (as he looks a little feminine he came with his own comments on how he really was the witch King), Ariel of the Wood Elves, some orc of the Orcs, some goblin of the goblins, Archaeon of Chaos, a Slann of the Lizardmen (though they were called Slann in this mod) and finally the amazon lady.

I will do my very best to get bigger pictures of as many as possible as soon as possible and the names of the last but my civ 3 conquests cd is screwed so it might take me a little while.

EDIT: Ok here are links to bigger pics of the leaderheads here made by ED the creator of the original Warhammer masterpiece of a mod for Civ 3.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1211073
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1263307

Tyrion said:
Ok im having a little trouble sending you the actual old leaderheads files but heres an old preview pic and i'll do my best to name them all in order left to right.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/WFM_Leaderheads.jpg

Karl-Franz of the Empire, Someone of somewhere, someone of somewhere, Zoltan of Kislev, Borgio of Tilea, someone of Estalia, someone of Norsca, someone of Albion, Vlad von Carstein (sp?) of Sylvania, someone of Ind, Nagash of Khemri (i think its Nagash not sure), someone (her name eludes me) of Lahmia, someone of Araby (Araby and Ind may be confused), someone of Kurgan, someone of Ungols, Wu of Cathay, Takagura of Nippon, Gotrek of the Dwarves, Caledor of the High Elves (though maybe Tyrion is a better choice :p), Malekith of the Dark Elves (as he looks a little feminine he came with his own comments on how he really was the witch King), Ariel of the Wood Elves, some orc of the Orcs, some goblin of the goblins, Archaeon of Chaos, a Slann of the Lizardmen (though they were called Slann in this mod) and finally the amazon lady.

I will do my very best to get bigger pictures of as many as possible as soon as possible and the names of the last but my civ 3 conquests cd is screwed so it might take me a little while.

EDIT: Ok here are links to bigger pics of the leaderheads here made by ED the creator of the original Warhammer masterpiece of a mod for Civ 3.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1211073
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1263307

Thank you so much for doing that! man!
Edit: You'll get nice leaderheads promised. But don't worry about pics any more. If you liked to help us further I think you should pm JP. There's a lot of pediatext to write if you like.

Ploeperpengel said:
Thank you so much for doing that! man!
Edit: You'll get nice leaderheads promised. But don't worry about pics any more. If you liked to help us further I think you should pm JP. There's a lot of pediatext to write if you like.

Yeah, sorry, I just got some pictures for the leaders (and banners!) for the still leaderheads. (We still need someone to reskin the animated ones though! If anyone wants the job...)

Let's try and shift all conversation to the new board BTW...

Thasis said:
I've been doing alot of work with XML and I'm pretty confident of my abilities. Is there anything I can do XML wise?

try to post in the main mod thread, i think J wanted to get all the conversation to there. But i think he will have a job for you ;) so he can concentrate on python, adding all da freaky stuff :) but i think you should be well informed about warhammer universe, so you can improvise here and there... but well, talk to J.

Top Bottom