A random idea....

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
I just noticed a completely unused bison just near kaupang (vikings).

As a random thought, this would make an excellent beachhead for an attack on the main viking cities. If we stacked a couple of pikemen there, and rushed walls, then it could be a good move.

The main downside is that any offensive units in Kaupang could move and attack the city (albeit at reduced) attack strength in one turn, along the road.

A good place to start during a cease-fire though?

We could do that but I would like to use our valuable settlers for other cities. :)
I would prefer to capture Lindholm, It's small and probably not too heavily defended and connected to all major cities by road. We can stack pikemen in it and coordinate future actions from there.
Now all we have to do is pick a fight with the Vikings to start a war.

Funxus has recently decided we will attack Trondheim directly, by ship, then work back subverting Hladir etc. That's ok by me. I am worried about the use of Crusaders, which might be chewed to shreads by likely Pikemen. See Shakespeare poll. We already have 3 Dips up here. Could we use one to patrol the Forest, make sure they do not sneak down onto the Uppsala Iron?

The urgent decisions seem to me:
Switch Uppsala from Crusader to Catapult?
Two Routs Crusaders shipping to Viborg? Rehoming? I would have prefered to rehome them on our main continent first, since our 3 Viking cities will be consumed rehoming the output of Uppsala Barracks.
We also recently purchased a Catapult, sitting in Routskilde. FA is a possible home city. The purchase of all of those units in Skara, while wonderful, means we must plan to rehome them somehow.

Also, Oct said recently he could move Friday Morning. Seems awfully soon to me, I had earlier read he would move Saturday...

Attacking Trondheim and then bribing the other Viking cities for not very much $$$ is something I supported a while ago. I'm not a very experienced player so I'd like to know, do catapults have any chance whatsoever against fortified pikemen behind city-walls?
Attack force of a vet catapult is 8 + 50% = 12
Defense of pikemen against catapult is 2 + 50% +300% = 12???
Can someone tell me if my calculations are right?

If so there are chances we can take Trondheim but we have to put two vet pikemen in the forest N and NE of the city, fortify them there and cross our fingers while we also put the vet catapults there.

We might want to have some crusaders S of Trondheim to avoid reinforcements to enter the city.

Top Bottom