Randomness of Civ

Not too sure about economics. Nat would be nice.

We have 4 AI's to trade with; Boudica has only GP and Nat available, at a loss (as she's unlikely to depart with both).
First turn, I'd trade for GP, Nat and PP, next turn we can trade for either RP (going rifling) or Chemistry (going steel). This'd mean trading at a loss with Boudica, but in the end give us more for Astro. Note that Frederick hasn't teched RP yet, so if we want that, we should trade with him in the first round.

After the second round, we can sell it to the non-trading AI's for cash as well.

Not too sure about economics. Nat would be nice.

We have 4 AI's to trade with; Boudica has only GP and Nat available, at a loss (as she's unlikely to depart with both).
First turn, I'd trade for GP, Nat and PP, next turn we can trade for either RP (going rifling) or Chemistry (going steel). This'd mean trading at a loss with Boudica, but in the end give us more for Astro. Note that Frederick hasn't teched RP yet, so if we want that, we should trade with him in the first round.

After the second round, we can sell it to the non-trading AI's for cash as well.

well economics is free market if we happen over some intercontinental TR's could be nice boost to our economy.

but more important is to get some money to fuel deficit research.

I am still leaning towards cannons+muskets, we got draft if we trade for nat, so chemistry is good thing to get (aside it opens frigates to guard us against privateers)

I'm not sure off-hand but if we do the trades for all the cash, we should be able to get GP in 1 or 2 turns self-teching it, rather than give Boudica a tech boost.

If we can tech it in 1 turn, then it's ok, otherwise it'd mess up the trades (we can trade Astro away this turn, and the AI won't be able to trade it until next turn, so we have 2 turns to trade; if we can get GP in between turns, that'd open chemistry for us).

In that case I'd prefer to give Boudica a techboost. We get the bigger techboost out of the deal if we manage to get Chem for Astro next turn.

We need 500:gold: @4 turns for GP, I do believe to cash from the trades would help fund our research. We do have a GM we could send on a TM to get extra :gold:. Getting GP from Boody is better and then get Chem on the next turn.

cannons+muskets is the shorter route to go.

Roster:

cripp -- on deck
vranasm
nocho
Sengir
woopdeedoo
IdiotsOpposite --> UP

Huh me? I've got a lot going on right now. Skip me for now.

IHT-
Trades made around
Spoiler :

Set research to Eco
Send our GM off to St. Petersburg to gather :gold:
Sent settler to load the boat for the corn/fish site
Carthage queues an Obs

T128:
Thrac :culture: pop > musket
HE pike > musket
Asoka demands Astro..no
Trades
Spoiler :

Notice Fred is 3t away from Steel

T129:
Boudica settles our corn/fish site
Trades for :gold:
Spoiler :

Settle blocker city

T130
HE musket > treb

T131:
DeGaulle offers map > map..ok
HE treb > treb
An event
Spoiler :

TM for lots of :gold:
Spoiler :

T132:
Carthage obs > :gold:
HE treb > pike
Thrac :culture: pop > theater

T133:
HE pike > treb

T134:
Eco > Steel

Sell Eco for :gold:
Spoiler :

T135:
Cahokia obs > :gold:
Leptis uni > ch

T136:
HE treb > musket
Thrac musket > lh

T137:
Good event
Spoiler :

T138:
HE musket > musket

T140:
Steel > RP
AP vote for Asoka..abstain

I queued up RP (4), we have lots of cash to upgrade or trebs to cannons. I didn't revolt civics as we need to discuss.

I'm thinking Nat+FM+Theo (2 turns) to draft +2XP muskets and add a boost to our economy.

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1814.CivBeyondSwordSave
    315.8 KB · Views: 50
I guess I should be up, but catched some flu and feeling not well and playing, so guys if you can skip me this round would be most helpful.

Sorry to hear that vranasm, hope you get better soon.
That makes nocho up, with me on deck.

RP is going to take a bit longer, as we should switch our cities to unit building and high hammers now. To get through Celtia quickest, we'd best build 2 SoD's to pass the lake at two sides. Do we want to vassal DG asap? Or exterminate? Which cities do we want to keep?

Are we going to build IW?

Nat+Theo+FM sounds fine

Ok, got it.

Regarding DG, I'd build 3 stacks or task forces to attack Verlamion on the turn of DoW and plant other forces right next to Gergovia and Vienne (from Amerorussian territory). That's half of Celtic cities we should have the turn after DoW. I can see us raze Verlamion. Then I'd move on to the other cities, leaving Camulodunum for last. Maybe we can extort a good chunk of techs for peace and then finish him off 10 turns later. He's too small to be a worthwhile vassal.

On tech, if the idea is to do a cannon+mob-up-unit war, should we tech RP with presumably the idea of rifling next? Maybe scimeth+communism makes more sense if we plan to grow big through conquest soon?

Fine with nat+theo, not sold on FM vs merc, but will do if that's the preference.

Where do we want IW, Sicca, Hadrumetum?

Three stacks is fine as well, though only if it doesn't delay the start of the war too much.

If we self-tech Sci-Meth (+Lib), we might be able to extort Communism (+ RP) from DG during the break in the war.

Finally played the set.

We revolt to a more war oriented constellation.

We welcome a random senile old fool.

We draft muskets and whip cannons without mercy. We bring the news.

We reap rewards.

Spoiler :

We get Scientific Method and queue Biology at 0%. With our farm count that'd pretty nice.

I hand it over as DG of the Celtics is willing to capitulate. He's left with only 2 cities of which 1 can be captured next turn. He won't part with techs right now however. Maybe after capturing that other city he'd be willing to give something. We might keep him as a vassal if we gift back some of his cities. He used to tech quite well until our intervention, he is the first and only to physics for example. A complete demise of DG is also fine with me though.

Tech situation:

I renegotiated resource deals this last turn. Other reason why I stopped here (apart from DG willing to talk) is that we just popped a GS.

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1836.CivBeyondSwordSave
    339.3 KB · Views: 45
Looks good nocho. That means I'm up.

Plan:
Keep researching Bio at 0%
Capture Bibracte and try to extort tech out of DG.Do we cap him or 10t peace and finish him? Also, if capturing Bibracte doesn't make him yield a tech, do we want to finish him immediately?
After capturing Bibracte, rearrange troops and declare on Washington/Russia
Builds: mostly cannons; captured cities whip infra; draft muskets

GS: do we want to settle him? Or bulb Physics? Or try to get Physics from DG and bulb Bio?

I think there is no reason to have DG as vassal, so either kill him now or 10T later.

Next target is russia, that one I would probably vassal, we will probably face grens (if I remember correctly Boudi being Russia)

didn't check the save for long time, so dunno if we have land access to other targets or not... we have beachhead towards Portugal and could think about shipping troops.

Flight is something worth pursuing in the long run for airports to lessen the units micro and quicker reinforcements.

Top Bottom