Scientific victory tips

kjades

Chieftain
Hi guyz, in my struggle for a scientific victory I'm needing to ask you some more tips:

- when do I need to go beeline on the tech tree, and when should I expand my research to other, not scientific-boosting parts of the tree? (mainly 'cause to support such wide empires u need money, happiness, military strength, all provided by other techs)

- since science rating relies on big population, and big population means many cities, I was wondering...how to keep unhappiness at bay while expanding the empire to get more science rating? Should I limit each SINGLE city's population and spread my people throughout more cities?

-I read somewhere that population in cities (first inhabitants I think) actually create happiness...this could also be explaining Roman's bonus (first 12 citizens instead of 10 bla bla bla...)...how does this really work? In large empires unhappiness becomes a real pain in the...

Thx a bunch, other, voluntary hints will be appreciated as well :)

I'm no expert, as I've just played the demo of GnK a bunch, but I watched MadDjinn's Babylon Let's Play, and he made me realize the most important thing is to beeline Philosophy and get the National College built ASAP.

I've tested it out in the demo, and it's crazy how fast you get your techs up.

So first, get your techs to connect luxuries and resources then beeline Philosophy while you build libraries in all your cities.

Build National College, and try to get some Great Scientists settled as soon as possible.

Before going this route, I would barely get to start a renaissance tech in the demo before turn 150. (and the Demo would end)

After doing this, I was in the renaissance so quick, the game was over by turn 120 (demo apparently finishes soon after entering that era)

Anyway, I'm sure there are way more knowledgeable people than I, but that's what I've seen from the demo and watching some Let's Play videos

- since science rating relies on big population, and big population means many cities, I was wondering...how to keep unhappiness at bay while expanding the empire to get more science rating? Should I limit each SINGLE city's population and spread my people throughout more cities?

Not necessarily. You can be more than competitive in science with a tall empire: fill out Tradition, and try to get the Temple of Artemis and Hanging Gardens (and Fertility Rites pantheon). Staying small and growing your cities big is a good way of avoiding unhappiness problems, and makes it easier to get National College and other national wonders.

Beelining to Education and using luxury spares to make AI really aceita it should also work.

But the first beeline must be Pottery - Writing, to get libraries and make your research at higher levels. Scientific Teory also let you build Public Schools, and Plastics make really diference with the Research Lab.

A bit of culture in your empire isn't of that bad too. Run for Renaissance and get Rationalism ASAP. Tardes with Maritime City-States can also help you for make a tall empire. The best policies are (in my opinion) Tradition, Liberty, Freedom, Patrronage and (obviously) Rationalism.

Hope this help, Because I won a Scientific Victory one time, but just on Warlord dificulty.

Hi guyz, in my struggle for a scientific victory I'm needing to ask you some more tips:

- when do I need to go beeline on the tech tree, and when should I expand my research to other, not scientific-boosting parts of the tree? (mainly 'cause to support such wide empires u need money, happiness, military strength, all provided by other techs)

-I read somewhere that population in cities (first inhabitants I think) actually create happiness...this could also be explaining Roman's bonus (first 12 citizens instead of 10 bla bla bla...)...how does this really work? In large empires unhappiness becomes a real pain in the...

Thx a bunch, other, voluntary hints will be appreciated as well :)

You ARE playing with the CivNights mod, right? Because that whole part about happiness from citizens is a Nights only feature.

Top Bottom