Platypedia

But the question I asked was why is that no prereq building in the middle, instead of at the beginning like the other no prereq building that is off screen. I know why it does and does not have arrows coming out of it, what I don't know is why it 'buried' itself in the middle of the tree on the x axis?

How does the code decide on placement decisions?
Where is that code found?
Is it alphabetical, or based on the buildings position in the buildinginfo.xml or?
And why would it criss cross buildings that would be 'neater' swapped back opposite?
What kind of placement, arrow system code is it using?
What factors go into it's decisions to put a particular building 'there'?

Simple.
Because the first arrow goes to that Palace looking thing on the Xth layer.
Thus, it has to be placed on X-1 th layer, or it is gonna look worse.

That whole chunk of getGraph in the upgrade file does the sorting.
In short, I won't be that interested to look into that 400 lines of codes to figure out what the initial coder is trying to do there.

Version 2.20

Updated to Ultrapack Tech Tree

Thanks for all this. Have incorporated Platypedia into my mod replacing Sevopedia in the bug etc pack as I prefer it. Have also added natural wonders, which works great as a solo player.

However when playing multiplayer, the game goes out of sync whenever a player builds a city which includes a natural wonder. To save me some time could you let me know what is the most likely python file to cause this, so I can fix it for my mod.

Thanks

Sorry have another question. I noticed Platypedia displays the continents from which a civilization stems. However America is in Europe, and some African ( new civs I have added ) are in middle east. It looks like I may have to create a new attribute in the XML schema with the correct location. If this is the case please let me know and will anything need to be changed in C++ if I do this? Will I need to create a new python method to do this sort as can't seem to find it amongst the current platypedia python methods?

Hi leonvr,

1) It depends on what kind of multiplayer mode you are using.
AFAIK, BUG is 100% out of sync for pitboss as noticed by other players.
If so, then the problem does not lie with Natural Wonders.

Thus, the simplest test is, run NW mod alone without any other components, exactly as it is downloaded. If it still goes out of sync then I will take a look.

As for civilization regions, that is totally what Firaxis assigns them according to XML data.
It is simply their Artstyle in CivilizationInfos.xml. Of course, there are other mod components which adds new artstyle such as African, so this is pure XML work which will not need any C++ changes

Thanks for the quick reply.

We use steam for multiplayer, and haven't had much Bug out of sync errors. Will load the natural wonders by itself to verify that it is not something else causing it, as there is a lot of stuff in my mod.
However currently what happens is if a player (not the ai ) founds a city with a natural wonder the game goes out of sync immediately. Its not really a big issue as once the player who did not found the city rejoins the issue goes away (until the next natural wonder is found that is). I may be wrong but it may have something to do with spawning the wonder after the map is created. Will verify this though. Will let you know if it is something else.
Ok the civ regions looks an easy change then thanks for your answer.

Artstyle is merely a way to make the same unit looks different for different civilizations.
Thus, American warrior will have an European look while Japanese warrior will look Asian.

If you want to define new Artstyles, you have to find suitable art sets.
There is a VD mod where every single civ has its own style.

But of course, all these artwork adds to mod size and increases chance of MAF crash for low end computers.

Yeah my brother has a low end computer so the whole mod has been designed with this in mind. Adding a new xml tag in the CivilizationInfos.xml schema and then using the new attribute as the basis for the sort will be the most efficient here I think. That's why I asked if the C++ code may need to be changed ( not really an issue as my C++ is pretty good ) or if it would require writing a new, or changing a sort method in python which sorts based on the new attribute/tag in the schema rather than the art style. Haven't done much programming in python, but it doesn't look that hard from what I have had a look at, and the features I have added all worked.

All I want is to change platypedia so it places the civs in the correct geographical area (America in America, South Africa in Africa etc ), not too concerned by the art style. WHen you click on civilizations, there is an option which shows each civ in their geographical area, all I want is for this to be correct.

Reason being there are 20 extra civs in the mod so would be easier if they were in the correct areas

The artstyle determines the looks of the units, but there is no reason you cannot have 2 Artstyles which are totally identical.
Thus, you can simply make a new artstyle American, and simply copy all the same data from European. That way, no artwork added.

Ok thanks that seems like a nice quick solution will implement it like that way for now.

On another note, its definitely the natural wonders making our multi player game go out of sync. Now it may be that brothers computer is the issue, but nevertheless I would like to at least try fix it. Any ideas where I should look.

Hi LDC,

again the error is in the second line:
Host: Next Soren Rand Value: 4279
Client: Next Soren Rand Value: 3050

The Soren Rand Value gives a randomized number which is made by the CIV code itself.
I use my own random number with the standard python random function, because I found out, that I often use a random value for special things that doesn't effect other players. => this seems to cause OOS.

I deleted all SorenRand commands in the EventManager because of that. But I didn't do that in other files, eg. RandomEventInterface. So, because your Map Rand values are equal, I replace all Soren Rand commands with Map Rand commands and hope, you'll not have this BTS OOS again.

Let's try it: Please replace this file with the file in [PAE]/Assets/Python/EntryPoints
(all players) and load the game again. It's MP save compatible.

PIE mentioned before that SorenRand is an idiot implemented by Firaxis, so chances are it is due to that, which means I will have to get rid of it too...

Test the new version, but seriously, this conversation is in the wrong thread.

OK yes that makes sense.

On another note I changed the civilization types to display my custom areas rather than the artstyle. I just added a function in CyGlobalContext and added a an element to the civilization info schema, and called the new function in python. All the working the way I want now. Thanks for your help. Obviously this is not very modular, but its for enhancing our own game so not really bothered about that.

I have to say that platypedia is a huge improvement on sevopedia. Hated those double scroll bars.

Sorry new to here. Where would I ask these questions?

Have a nice day . Long time ago I asked you from page to civilopedia . You wrote that it is not possible , but since created your Platypedia . I hope that today might be my intention realized. Two days ago I added your platypedia with the latest versions of natural wonders to my mod.

Remember , I wanted at the original code NW use Ctrl + F . You advised me how to do it . But today I had to adjust to your NW FEATURE_HROCH_XYZ .
Original page in your platypedia now shows my old NW .

Now I need a new page in platypedia that displays FEATURE_HROCH_XYZ . (Natural features )
Can you help me with this, please .

At the same time , there is my original problem . Page that would display national palaces . It would be possible to do something similar when I rename each one to BUILDING_HROCH_XYZ ?
It would then be done for building a separate page ?

Don't really understand what you mean.
You mean besides Natural Wonders, you also have Natural Features?

Top Bottom