Mod Component Requests Thread

Is there a simple Mod out there which adds resources (without any other things) and is easy to install - and most importantly, is compatible with the latest patch?

Thanks

Could somebody possibly make a mod that shows the date of the construction of a religion's shrine (if appropriate)? It could, in theory, just be another line item in the religion menu, under the founding date.

A couple of things have been ticking me off about cIV -

1. The galleys. Until caravels or even astronomy, its impossible to pull a Leif Erikson, a Kon-Tiki, or even the reputed colonization of NZ by polynesians.
What kept these units out of the open seas *generally* was the roughness and storms. Why not reward a brave captain with ambition who wants to get across that one-square ocean separating you from an island or fragment of a continent?

My suggestion? Remove the coastal restriction on the galleys completely. Instead, to limit 2000BC global navigation, create new barbarian units such as killer waves, sargasso seas, coral reefs (potentially implemented as an atoll in one mod-comp, I think), and, best of all, hurricanes! I generally think these units should be restricted to outside the cultural borders like the barbarian animals, although is there any way hurricane generation could be limited w/r/t latitude and frequency? Civ needs Katrinas, and that way the hurricane could "attack" a city and at least destroy fishing boats and offshore platforms.

It would also be cool if someone could create some krakens and sea-serpents to appear in barb animal times. Maybe they could "expire" once the barbarian civ discovers a certain tech, or maybe not until astronomy!

2. Another thing - resources, such as all plantable crops (corn, rice, wheat), luxury goods (silk, spices, wine, and dye), and animals (such as cows, pigs, and sheep) could all be planted or bred using a delayed development and return system like the GreenMod. These resources should be limited to tile type and latitude, with some things, like silk and wine, taking quite some time to develop before they can be worked. Cows, pigs and sheep should not add any health - just food and production. This development should not appear until biology, although I think an extreme latitudinal limitation on spices, silk and wine (+/- 20 or 30 degrees for spices and silk, +/- 40 for wine) should allow these to be built anytime. The prerequisite would be having at least one of these resources beforehand.

3. National Forest/State Park. This would be a way to get some selective health benefits of the environmentalism civic without switching to a crappy civic. Simply designate (i.e., worker builds) a section of forest or river a state park. It could generate some small amount of gold (probably no more than one), and give +1 health. That would remove the benefit of the lumbermill, but make those giant end-times cities more manageable.

Oil rot, thanks, hope somebody can implement this. I would do it if not for lack of time and patience for the code, but the modcomps are fun to play.

agoodfella said:
Is there a simple Mod out there which adds resources (without any other things) and is easy to install - and most importantly, is compatible with the latest patch?

Thanks

Anyone??? ................

hey, I got a problem

every time I try to load the East Aisia mod, it puts up a bunch of jibberish for the description and won't run the mod

is this a common error or is it just my copy?

either way I'd like it fixed (I don't have warlords)

What I would really appreciate is a mod that activates units set to 'Sentry' when the enemy comes within sight and/or movement range instead of the current within adjecent tile setup. If this could be limited to ships only, it might be best, perhaps call it 'Patrol' instead of sentry. I am tired of transports, espcially galleons, sailing right past my line of warships that is 1-2 moves off my coast, espcially when I am defending with destroyers. Seeing the little red dot on the minimap is very hard unless you are alerted somehow. Building enough ships to place one every third tile seems excessive and expensive.

If this can be done as an XML mod, I might try it myself, but I know nothing of python and my C++ complier is apparently out of date (not that I am very good at that anyway).

orgonebox said:
A couple of things have been ticking me off about cIV -

1. The galleys. Until caravels or even astronomy, its impossible to pull a Leif Erikson, a Kon-Tiki, or even the reputed colonization of NZ by polynesians.
What kept these units out of the open seas *generally* was the roughness and storms. Why not reward a brave captain with ambition who wants to get across that one-square ocean separating you from an island or fragment of a continent?

My suggestion? Remove the coastal restriction on the galleys completely. Instead, to limit 2000BC global navigation, create new barbarian units such as killer waves, sargasso seas, coral reefs (potentially implemented as an atoll in one mod-comp, I think), and, best of all, hurricanes! I generally think these units should be restricted to outside the cultural borders like the barbarian animals, although is there any way hurricane generation could be limited w/r/t latitude and frequency? Civ needs Katrinas, and that way the hurricane could "attack" a city and at least destroy fishing boats and offshore platforms.

It would also be cool if someone could create some krakens and sea-serpents to appear in barb animal times. Maybe they could "expire" once the barbarian civ discovers a certain tech, or maybe not until astronomy!
Check out my water animals mod comp, I have already done this.

agoodfella said:
Anyone??? ................
agoodfella, the mod already exists, do a search for the 14resources mod.

theycallmeb said:
What I would really appreciate is a mod that activates units set to 'Sentry' when the enemy comes within sight and/or movement range instead of the current within adjecent tile setup. If this could be limited to ships only, it might be best, perhaps call it 'Patrol' instead of sentry. I am tired of transports, espcially galleons, sailing right past my line of warships that is 1-2 moves off my coast, espcially when I am defending with destroyers. Seeing the little red dot on the minimap is very hard unless you are alerted somehow. Building enough ships to place one every third tile seems excessive and expensive.

If this can be done as an XML mod, I might try it myself, but I know nothing of python and my C++ complier is apparently out of date (not that I am very good at that anyway).

Hmm, you couldn't do this in XML as far as I know, and I don't think you would need to go as far sdk changes. A little python that pulls the camera to your unit when a enemy unit comes in visial range shouldn't be to hard. I look into this and see if I can come up with some thing this week. :)

one more ?
I'd like someone to make an orbital interface (like alpha centauri) or another "layer" of a "sea" above the rest of the world where sattelites and starfighters can move around and attack one another and bombard the surface.
If possible, I'd also like some way to implement multiple planets and/or solar systems.
lastly, I was wondering about a star trek mod for civ4

Could someone mod this for me? Change the Great Wall to...

Downgrade the GG Bonus Pct. 50% mabye.
Make it take three turns for barbs to pass through the wall.
Make anyone (friend OR foe) walking on the INSIDE of the Wall have both a road bonus AND 40% Defensive bonus.

I don't know if this would really count as a Mod Component but.... Can there be a Mod starter kit?(yes stupid question)

rhino78 said:
I don't know if this would really count as a Mod Component but.... Can there be a Mod starter kit?(yes stupid question)

Have a look in Civ 4 Utilities section. There is one made fairly recently by a Russian in Russian and English. I don't think its Warlords compatible yet.

Improvements what are limited with build range. Similar to cities. Can build if you don't have similar improvement nearby for example 2 or 4 tiles?

Pyramid improvement, craveyard, factory, powerplant, Temple pyramid.. etc
Simple tag add-on into Improvements XML.

Hello,

I am new to this, is there a way to change the spoken language of all the units? For example when i play as Gandhi when I click on a worker it says something and I would like to change it to english.

Thanks for any help!

Nevermind I know how to do it now.

@ Centaur: SMAC didn't have an "orbital interface", did it?

Also, I would like the ability to make Improvements produce Bonuses on Squares of the right Terrain or Feature type without the Bonus, just as Buildings can produce Bonuses. For instance, have a bonus Lumber that can be produced by a Lumber Mill in any Forest Square. Have a bonus Stone that can emergefrom a Quarry placed in any Hill Square. Have a bonus Thatch produced by a Hayfield in any Grassland Square. Etc...Or like, if you have a C02 atmosphere so you can have a Nanotube factory improvement. Changes common stuff normally only reflected as generic food or hammer yields into special Bonus type stuff. Cottage industry if you will.

Also, I want worker expending improvements (like civ3 "colony"), specifically along with terraforming. Specifically so I can have a comet unit that changes terrain in a square to a better terrain by expending itself there. But it could also be used for a sort of "micro settler" that makes a hamlet or village.

Also it would be nice if promotions could actually change a unit's graphics. Problem would be making the same graphic change apply to all units that can have the promotion. Maybe like alternate skins for each unit, in the unit folder, named after the promotion. But then how would multiple promotions work on one unit? Maybe each promotion dds is mostly transparant except the stuff it adds.

I'd like a mod that can cycle thru the last x pings (ie, center on them).

Does this functionality already exist? (before I try to re-invent that wheel).

Is there an event that gets fired in multi-player when someone pings the map?...if not, is there any way to catch this??

Hi folks!

I am working on a small mod wich enables Forts to spread/have culture. The idea is to build a fort (in my mod the improvement military camp,which can be build by a few milit. units) and protect a small area of land with it to get access to the recources sourounding without building a city. To stop the players from stealing all recources i want to limit the number of camps per player to three.

Should look like this:
Code:
 _ _ _
|_|_|_|
|_|C|_|
|_|_|_|

So my problem is the limited culture spread by a non city improvement. And it should not be possible to steal the surrounding culture of the camp with regulary city culture. You will have to destroy the camp to get access to the land. On the other hand the culture can not become lager than the 9 field square.

Any thoughts how to realize it? Currently the mod is based on TheLopez "Improvements Outside Borders"-mod.

bye
Takinese

I have a demo and when the 200 turn time limit was up, I could open a screen that showed all the sattelites that were in orbit (of course it was empty because you can't get to orbital spaceflight in the first 200 turns of the game)

Centaur said:
I have a demo and when the 200 turn time limit was up, I could open a screen that showed all the sattelites that were in orbit (of course it was empty because you can't get to orbital spaceflight in the first 200 turns of the game)

Are you sure that isn't just the zoomed out global view? It shows the globe spinning in space, but I've never seen any thing about building satilates, would be very cool though. :)

Top Bottom