[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

have you thought about the assimilation mod by Kael that would be a great addition to this mod

Tsensom1
playing the mod love it ,esp the new textures ,BUT & there is always one
I get a hard crash on attached save

Attachments

• Walter AD-0910.CivBeyondSwordSave
    270.8 KB · Views: 293
nice mod but i got a crash every 8-10 turns. No particular situation, if i reload it works for another handful of turns......

edit:it happens with wolfshanze too.

I was playing this mod as Ehtiopia and when I got Cuirassers there were no buttons, so I couldn't promote them at all, or give them any type of orders. I tried pairing them with a unit (Oromo Warrior) that allowed me to use the buttons but whenever I tried grouping them only the Oromo would be selected, and obviously I couldn't use the Cuirasser as the main unit to group-select both of them (because there are no action buttons).

Anyone know why this happened? It didn't happen for the Minoan Cuirassers, I am going to try and see if it has anythin to do with the African art used, so I'll play as the Mali and see how that works out.

But for now if anyone has any suggestions that would be helpful.

Biggest problem Ive run across is AI not upgrading its troops, Im close to 1800s in my game (prince level) and even the ais up with me on research are still guarding cities with longbowman and attacking with macemen though they do build cannons and some calv., I think they dont have enough gold to upgrade.

Haven't made it past the missing UI. I've tried swapping out the CvPath file, no luck.

I've customized the hell out of it (because I like the mod, it isn't too big and never lags for me). Here are some of the things I've done and if you'd like I can send you my work on it so far, I will tell you that I am not that good at doing this so its pretty "messy" (file/folderwise);

I changed the flags and colors alot, I used some of Rhye's flags and buttons, I changed the leaderhead buttons so they match the people. I changed Franco to Franco (instead of Castro's LH), I changed Gyges, Muwa, Taharqa, Solomon, the Inuit guy (I didn't like the purple), Deganwida, Caligula (I used Constantine because I am going to change him to Constantine), I changed Lorenzo, Lajos Kossuth, and Satur. I changed the Polynesian flag, the Lydian flag/color scheme (I used blue and yellow, and the flag now has a lion, which was Croesus' emblem), and the Sumerian flag (the one you used was for Aksum).

One thing I noticed was that the Marine unit for Spain (and whatever other countries share this unit type) had a blue beret, like a UN soldier. Is there a way to change the beret color to match the color of the the country? For Spain I used dark yellow and red, so the beret would show up as yellow, for Rome I used Dark Red and Dark Yellow so the beret would show up as red. Is this an easy thing to do or would I need someone with some graphic skills to help me do it?

I also changed the Mexican flag from the Austrian logo to the real Mexican logo (Eagle eating a serpent), but I don't have a button for it, so I still use the Austria button.

Thought you'd like to hear about those changes though, and like I said I can send you a zip file of what I have done if you want.

Been having problems with the game. I play on noble as America with Roosevelt as the leader. I noticed around 1600 AD that Washington, New York and Boston all had populations of 1 with the other person in revolt. I am not sure how this is possible, I have built the Sistine Chapel, Hanging Gardens-just about every "happy" wonder the game has, have temples and theaters in all of the cities and have Parlamentry government with Free Relegion and State property. The only problem I see might be a lack of luxeries but have traded to some of those, I have gems and opium. All of those cites were up in population, say 5 to 7 and bam! down to one or two. I had to turn the game off when in the span of 100 years I went from number one to six. I fell 3 places alone when I lost a city to another CIV. I am not sure what is going on with the game.

Scott

PS The game is stable as a rock and I play on the largest map possible.

I haven't had any problems that dramatic, but I noticed that there were a few units (a Cuirasser as Ethiopia, and a Galley as the Aztecs and Inca) that didn't give action buttons. I couldn't promote them or give them any orders.

Hey guys.
Has anyone been able to use the BUG mod with this one (2.1)? I have BUG set to load no matter what mod gets loaded, but this mod seems to disable it, or at least it won't work. Any ideas?

I was wondering if someone could do something about not being able to use some of the best things, just because I don't have space race on?
I can't use arcology or commercial satellites or couple other things that have a major impact on the game. I don't play with space race because I believe it makes the game too easy to win, it is like (if any of you have play Masters of orion 2 at least) the antaran victory where as long as you are the first there with a big enough army you don't have to hunt down and kill the rest of the other people off, making it very easy to defeat someone who outplayed you the entire game, as long as you have the tech. But I am getting off topic I just want some way to use those things without space race enabled.

Profleth, have you built the industrial parks ? They are required to build archology . Also you need Composites and another tech.

Just a note to say I played as Joao through 800 turns on Epic with no glitch, crash or problem. Smooth mod, and a great game.

Yes I have but in this mod space race is required, because you need to appolo project to build arcology.

Like the mod very much. But the game crashes a lot (after 1500). Strange video memory errors that I don't have with any other mod (or game). Has someone else came upon this problem.

Greetings, Madfox

i need to try this out, but please put in revolutionDCM

Okay, the next version is done. I'm just playing a game or two to make sure theres no obvious crashes I missed. I'll post it probably by Monday

New version is up: check out the DL Page (post #1). Better update that post!;) BTW, sorry about the unit Civpedia bug...:(

well I am having ctd problems when I get leader menu and go to decide which leader I want to be after about a minute or so I get a flicker and the screen goes black and boom ctd. I tried to get around it by quickly seclecting a leader to see if I could get around no good didnt work . I am going to redownload it to see if that might fix it

Top Bottom