Which leader do you want to play in the first Training Series?

Which leader do you want to play in the first Training Series?

• Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Montezuma (Aztec)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Wu Zetian (China)

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Ramesses The Great (Egypt)

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Queen Elizabeth I (England)

• Napoleon Bonaparte (France)

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Otto Von Bismarck (Germany)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Alexander the Great (Greece)

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Gandhi (India)

• Hiawatha (Iroquois)

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Oda Nobunaga (Japan)

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Suleiman the Magnificent (Ottoman Empire)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Darius I (Persia)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Augustus Caesar (Rome)

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Catherine the Great (Russia)

• Ramkhamhaeng (Siam)

• Askia (Songhai)

• George Washington (United States of America)

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don't care; just bring it on!

Votes: 26 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erkon

Deity
GOTM Staff
Retired Moderator
We're planning the first game but we don't know which leader to pick for the player :confused:. Please help us by voting for the leader YOU want to play in the first Civ V GOTM Training Series game. Remember, the quicker you vote, the quicker we launch the game :D

All victory conditions will be open, but the Training Series victory target will be Domination (your opponents must not control their original capitals). :aargh::ar15:

Perhaps this is a super silly idea: but I wonder if it is possible for the first game to be played in the Demo version of the game?

Obviously some features will be disabled, though I don't know what, and most likely there is very limited choice as to which Nation is available. But still... until after the 24th at least it will be the only version I can play.

Otherwise - I really don't mind which leader - At some stage I'm sure I'll want to play them all!

Edit- Actually... what I'd most like to explore is the new Social Policy system. Napoleon who gives extra culture might be a good choice, and his UUs wouldn't hurt with regards to reaching the goal for Domination.

We don't even know what the demo version will be capable of. It might only play 20 turns. Three days isn't going to make the difference for anyone ... unless September 21-24 are the only days you are able to play for the next month!

given that leaders only represent their civs... and arnt anything on their own any more (thank God, because a civ games should be about civs, and not one particular personality who ruled them) should you just refer ot the civs by name- rather then the leader at all? It's not like you have the option to change them up any more.

Any leader that is not found in Civ4 is fine with me.

I voted for Gandhi!

The happiness bonus is increadibly powerful and should make it easier for us noobs to handle the new happiness system.

I'd like a civ with a unique ranged unit so we can explore the new combat mechanics. The Chinese shoot-twice crossbowmen would be quite interesting I think.

For me, the first game in a new civ edition is always Rome! ;)

I went with Catherine so that it is a bit easier to adjust to strategic resources being in limited quantities. Bit easier to blow someone up if you ahve more horses!

Top Bottom